Secondarys for Healer change idea.

Given the issue currently with healers I was thinking that there could be a way to change the way Spirit works, well replace it really, and simple keep the ones like Critical Strike and Haste. As it stands Mastery usually helps healing output so aside from broken ones it shouldn't need a change. So what about the idea that either stat could be linked to how healers get Mana returns. Something along the lines of:

Critical Strikes return 30% of the base Mana cost
    Haste returns a static amount of Mana per 5 seconds like it does currently for DpS. Scale it accordingly.

I just thought this could remove the issue of Healers needing different amounts of Spirit. Hell it should also help the curve of gearing given when you get better gear you scale pretty well as your regen should increase as the challenge does.

Any thoughts?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

I could see problems with it in balancing out regen and throughput between healer classes. If they tie it to e.g. haste, then e.g. druids get a leg up because they want haste for throughput too, so they get lots of free regen. It will end up being like late Cata with Int, except now it's unique to how each class synergizes with the different secondary spells. I'd rather they keep it separate and be able to balance the healers better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendin View Post
    I could see problems with it in balancing out regen and throughput between healer classes. If they tie it to e.g. haste, then e.g. druids get a leg up because they want haste for throughput too, so they get lots of free regen. It will end up being like late Cata with Int, except now it's unique to how each class synergizes with the different secondary spells. I'd rather they keep it separate and be able to balance the healers better.
    Yeah but same can be said about any healer finding Crit heavy to be the best for heals. Hell remember How Paladins worked that way and I recall that working quite well.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.