Ignored Posters, still showing up in Recent Posts / Threads

I've got one or two people on my Ignore list, and for some reason they continue to show up in the Recent Post / Thread area within the Header.

Is it possible to get it so none of their Threads / Posts show up at all? It's annoying to enter into them to find it's the person you're trying to avoid.

I don't believe so no. Ignoring just means you can't read their stuff unless you click a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I don't believe so no. Ignoring just means you can't read their stuff unless you click a button.
    Yeh, I know that, my point is that there is one particular member of this community who makes really annoying threads, is a massive troll and the Moderators don't do anything about. I don't want their Threads to even show up, their posts are just purely ignorant, and infuriating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you reported the topics the user creates? That's the best way to go about notifying moderators (aside from PM'ing them directly) of topics you think cross the line or aren't constructive
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I think this is a problem with vbulletin, but either way it is unlikely to be changed anytime soon. We will keep it in mind for a future site update though.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Have you reported the topics the user creates? That's the best way to go about notifying moderators (aside from PM'ing them directly) of topics you think cross the line or aren't constructive
    I only have one person on my ignore list -- I imagine it's one of the people OP has on ignore -- and I've talked with two different mods about him. He's been banned before (multiple times, I think), but he usually walks the line very carefully. It's pretty obvious he's blatantly trolling/flamebaiting, but he tends to stay just within the rules. The most maddening part is that he gets other people infracted due to his flamebaiting. I realize those other people are making a choice to break the rules, but it's incredibly frustrating to see it happen again and again -- people who normally don't do things to get infracted until someone deliberately pushes the right buttons.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know anything about vB, but I think it's not that easy, because on one hand you have threads started by ignoreduser1, and on the other you have threads in which the last post was made by ignoreduser1.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I think this is a problem with vbulletin, but either way it is unlikely to be changed anytime soon. We will keep it in mind for a future site update though.
    Serious question: How often DO you update the site, and what are the reason for doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Serious question: How often DO you update the site, and what are the reason for doing so?
    Not very often. The current version is vb with a bunch of custom changes, so doing anything beyond updates for security fixes is unlikely. Eventually we might migrate to the same system used by all of the other Curse sites (software used on Diablofans now) and we will then be able to take care of some of the long outstanding requests.