Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    I don't. I stopped playing a while ago.

I suppose for those who traditionally do mostly heroic content it wasn't that hard, but the percentage of people who had killed her in Cataclysm was precipitously low.
    T11 was prob. the hardest tier ever. I dont mean it by a single boss but only because there were so many tough fights and BoTs council and chogall were pain in the ass at the time.

Deleted
    Even if World of Warcraft has become less and less about playing with other players, it's pretty much still an RPG and Multiplayer.

But the game has become more of a lobby game where you que up, and instant teleportation menus will take you to your destination.

The shill brigade came out in force for this one.

It's simple. Older MMO's, the ones that actually separated themselves from any other genre going at the time, did so by generally making your onscreen avatar have a certain level of management, on both the social and gameplay side. There was downtime. There were setbacks associated with risk and failure. There were situations where your behavior might get you shunned or embraced by your peers, and your name would certainly be remembered for either.

The last is pertinent, because that is something that few other forms of game can actually offer. Sure, there are games where you can become an enemy to a specific town, etc, but that's all coded into ai, rather than actual social interaction, and the many many variables that can come with it.

There's far more solo-ability in this game than in any other I've experienced, and that capacity increases with various new additions rather than decreasing (brawlers guild and proving grounds, for example.. and wod's garrisons, a significant part of the gameplay, will be a solo venture). And the rest of the game can be experienced without speaking a word to anyone, with the exception of more difficult raid and pvp tiers, which constitute an ever-dwindling sliver of overall game content.

It's for these reasons that some feel that the game isn't a true MMORPG at this point, but something a bit different altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The shill brigade came out in force for this one.

It's simple. Older MMO's, the ones that actually separated themselves from any other genre going at the time, did so by generally making your onscreen avatar have a certain level of management, on both the social and gameplay side. There was downtime. There were setbacks associated with risk and failure. There were situations where your behavior might get you shunned or embraced by your peers, and your name would certainly be remembered for either.

The last is pertinent, because that is something that few other forms of game can actually offer. Sure, there are games where you can become an enemy to a specific town, etc, but that's all coded into ai, rather than actual social interaction, and the many many variables that can come with it.

There's far more solo-ability in this game than in any other I've experienced, and that capacity increases with various new additions rather than decreasing (brawlers guild and proving grounds, for example.. and wod's garrisons, a significant part of the gameplay, will be a solo venture). And the rest of the game can be experienced without speaking a word to anyone, with the exception of more difficult raid and pvp tiers, which constitute an ever-dwindling sliver of overall game content.

It's for these reasons that some feel that the game isn't a true MMORPG at this point, but something a bit different altogether.

This is part of what I'm trying to convey. Thanks for contributing

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    I don't. I stopped playing a while ago.

I suppose for those who traditionally do mostly heroic content it wasn't that hard, but the percentage of people who had killed her in Cataclysm was precipitously low.
    Can you get me the actual numbers of Yogg+0 vs. Algalon (25) kills during relevant content?
    Can you get me the actual numbers of Ascendant Council Heroic vs. Sinestra (25) during relevant content?

You clearly didnt/have never raided at this level, please stop making up things.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphicar View Post
    Can you get me the actual numbers of Yogg+0 vs. Algalon (25) kills during relevant content?
    Can you get me the actual numbers of Ascendant Council Heroic vs. Sinestra (25) during relevant content?

You clearly didnt/have never raided at this level, please stop making up things.
    I'm not sure if there are many around on this forum if we're using people who raided on a level to kill Yogg 0 as an indicator. Yogg 0 was killed by the first guild legitimately during early July I believe, with ToC then releasing in august. Many considered it impossible up to that point.

And just because there was a harder boss on each respective tier means the bosses don't count for anything? Algalon was extremely stressful with the 1 hour timer, and T11 as Santoryu mentioned was a very difficult tier overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphicar View Post

http://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier8

http://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier11

I didn't raid at this level, but I'm not fabricating anything.
    Last edited by Santoryu; 2014-01-08 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You can call it a halfMMORPG if you feel beter about it. Or a ChoiceMMORPG, or does it change what WoW is because I choose to play it with others and roleplay and you prolly don't?

"The differnce in stats are not profound"?

Forgive me, but as a caster that cloak proc does anywhere from 10-20% of my dmg on fights.... thats a "profound" effect