Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Full UI question

Hey guys,

I used to be a big fan of customizing my UI back in the day, but after a few expansions and addons going dead I just quit doing that and found a nice UI that's worked for me since I found it (WotLK) called SpartanUI. It is fixed (so I couldn't screw up by moving a part of my UI and not knowing which addon it belonged to even if I tried), looks like the Blizzard UI's art (which I find awesome) and has a lot of bar space for my abilities and fun items.

It's not perfect, gives me quite a few errors (it has it's own unremovable cast bar for example, which overlaps with Quartz) and I'm not really that happy with how it works nowadays. Project's been abandoned and the only updates it gets are those that keep it afloat, never fixing problems or adding functionality but just barely keeping it alive after every patch update kills it.

Now, I woke up today and when I logged in WoW I just knew it's time for a change. And I've done quite a bit of research for another UI, but nothing caught my attention. Thing is, I've gotten so used to it (to where all my abilities and buttons are, more precisely) to the point that if I give up on using any of my 6 bars I'll have a hard time getting accustomed to any other UI.

Here's what my UI currently looks like:

Before trolls jump in, most of my main abilities are keybinded to my Logitech G-keys, so I don't need to click my cooldowns or anything.

Here's the only 2 UI's that I found...usable:

The first one is a project from RDX, which is a preloaded theme chooser. This is one theme:

Problem is, this hasn't been updated since march, so I don't know if it's reliable. Don't want it dieing away like SpartanUI.

The second one is called DiscordArt:

As you can see, I'm a big fan of keeping the majority of my screen clear, and I love a lot of action bars (4+). Do you guys know any UI that could maybe help me replace SpartanUI and have at least 4 action bars (and not be stacked one on top of the other, like http://s.cdn.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw59721.jpg)?
    Last edited by Ideon; 2013-12-18 at 01:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    The only problem with necrophilia is knowing when to either put them back in the freezer to keep them fresh or go dig up a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Wait times for open tickets are currently measured in continental drift cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tuk/ElvUI and LUI
    Those are some fairly decent UI overhauls in my opinion, and you can move things around to your liking, turn off features you don't want and all sorts of fun things like that.
    Or you can look in the "Post your UI" thread and see if there are any there that catch your fancy (A few of the UI's posted have download links!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Tuk/ElvUI and LUI
    Those are some fairly decent UI overhauls in my opinion, and you can move things around to your liking, turn off features you don't want and all sorts of fun things like that.
    Or you can look in the "Post your UI" thread and see if there are any there that catch your fancy (A few of the UI's posted have download links!)
    Looked at ElvUI and TukUI (made by the same guy as far as I know) but they're mostly only action bars or action bar skins, from what I've seen. Google Images shows people mostly people with just 2 action bars at the bottom, nothing really special. Could do that with just Bartender. Haven't looked into LUI, but I think it's about the same. Also, I'm not into wasting time cusomizing my UI these days, only if it's one I've seen in a screenshot, really liked and I absolutely must have it! ^^ From what I've seen, they're not really what I'm looking for... But thanks a lot for the idea!
    Last edited by Ideon; 2013-11-20 at 10:34 AM.
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    The only problem with necrophilia is knowing when to either put them back in the freezer to keep them fresh or go dig up a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideon View Post
    Looked at ElvUI and TukUI (made by the same guy as far as I know) but they're mostly only action bars or action bar skins, from what I've seen. Google Images shows people mostly people with just 2 action bars at the bottom, nothing really special. Could do that with just Bartender. Haven't looked into LUI, but I think it's about the same. Also, I'm not into wasting time cusomizing my UI these days, only if it's one I've seen in a screenshot, really liked and I absolutely must have it! ^^ From what I've seen, they're not really what I'm looking for... But thanks a lot for the idea!
    ElvUI is much, much more than that.

It gives you the freedom to arrange and size almost every single piece of interface to your liking. It provides you with basic automatic, but nevertheless, good aura/buff/debuff tracking.

It With ElvUI, you do not get a new UI, you get a new UX.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine, I'll try it out. Though, from what I see, I'll have to remove Bartender, Xperl, Prat and SexyMap...

Fine, I'll try it out. Though, from what I see, I'll have to remove Bartender, Xperl, Prat and SexyMap...
    You don't have to, but that's the point. ElvUI does all of that - you literally don't need any other UI changing addon to go with it.

Quick look at all the movable stuff:

Remember this is excluding all the options. You are able to pretty much change, move, remove or add anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You don't have to, but that's the point. ElvUI does all of that - you literally don't need any other UI changing addon to go with it.

Quick look at all the movable stuff:

Remember this is excluding all the options. You are able to pretty much change, move, remove or add anything.
    Yeah, that's what I meant, I'll have to remove the others because there's no need for them in ElvUI. But this is what I hated about this kind of all-in-one addons: there's always at least 1 feature missing from them. Like Prat's timestamps in chat, or Xperl's target of target of target/party frame buffs and debuffs.

I'll see later this evening just how customizable Elv is Thanks!

Yeah, that's what I meant, I'll have to remove the others because there's no need for them in ElvUI. But this is what I hated about this kind of all-in-one addons: there's always at least 1 feature missing from them. Like Prat's timestamps in chat, or Xperl's target of target of target/party frame buffs and debuffs.

I feel the same about most addons, but honestly ElvUI has it all for the UI part of things.

The only things extra I use are class specific addons, TellMeWhen or WeakAuras (see just below my char) and raid addons (e.g. VEM (DBM)), all of which are pretty much mandatory these days.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-11-20 at 02:04 PM.

All of the options you want are included time stamps/target of party members. ElvUI is the most customizable UI replacement out there.

You can make your own ui using kgpanels, bartender, and buttonfacade, instead of xperl you can use Shadowed unit frames. Add weakaura or tellmewhen, bagnon, etc.

10+ Year Old Account

Elv is highly customizable and modifiable to almost any look/style you want to achieve, check out the stickied thread at the top of the tukui.org forums called 'What does your ElvUI look like?" - I've picked up a few ideas from there. What I love about ElvUI is how complete it is, the only additional addons I use are bigwigs, skada and weakauras, Elv has everything else covered for me - patch day is a breeze 1 update and I know my UI works, plus it's not hosted on Curse so updates are available immediately and as frequently as needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to necro my own thread (by about a month). I've been using ElvUi since you guys gave me the idea, here's what it looks like:

Also, I've come up with a few minor issues, nothing I can't live without, but they are quality-of-life so maybe someone can help out:

1. How to make the debuffs I apply on the target bigger than other player's debuffs? I saw others' debuffs are grey and mine are colored, so there must be a way to make them a tad bigger.
    2. How do I show the "in-combat" icon on party and raid frames?
    3. How to always show the level on frames and reposition it? Currently I found it's pretty random, either it's there or it's not...
    4. How to make tooltip to show what realm mouseover-target's from?
    5. How to show the entire name of characters on the raid frames (without the realm), even though they're so long they go over the borders?
    6. Is it possible to show the XP bar even if I'm at max level?
    7. Buffs not showing seconds if under 1 hour; I was using SeriousBuffTimers before which automagically transformed my "50m" into "50:13", is it possible to do the same with ElvUi?
    8. Drag-and-droppable bag and bank: possible or not?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ideon; 2013-12-18 at 01:16 AM.

There is a default UI option for timestamps in chat, so unless you need customisation of the timestamps, wouldn't that suffice ?
    ElvUI I expect works with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Just a quick tip... unless you want everyone to see you tatooed on Brad Pit's body, just don't use photobucket ^^
    Nice photoshop skills btw ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There is a default UI option for timestamps in chat, so unless you need customisation of the timestamps, wouldn't that suffice ?
    ElvUI I expect works with that.
    Yeah, solved that issue a few weeks ago, now I've ran into other stuff. See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Just a quick tip... unless you want everyone to see you tatooed on Brad Pit's body, just don't use photobucket ^^
    Nice photoshop skills btw ;-)
    Haaaa, that's a friend of mine we made a little fun of back in high school ^^ Had to share the photos to show him how awesome he looked on Brad's body, thats why they're public, all you can see from my photobucket. Almost forgot about those pics...

Anyway, anyone have any idea about what I posted a bit above?

Sorry to necro my own thread (by about a month). I've been using ElvUi since you guys gave me the idea, here's what it looks like:

Also, I've come up with a few minor issues, nothing I can't live without, but they are quality-of-life so maybe someone can help out:

1. How to make the debuffs I apply on the target bigger than other player's debuffs? I saw others' debuffs are grey and mine are colored, so there must be a way to make them a tad bigger.
    3. How to always show the level on frames and reposition it? Currently I found it's pretty random, either it's there or it's not...
    4. How to make tooltip to show what realm mouseover-target's from?
    5. How to show the entire name of characters on the raid frames (without the realm), even though they're so long they go over the borders?
    6. Is it possible to show the XP bar even if I'm at max level?
    7. Buffs not showing seconds if under 1 hour; I was using SeriousBuffTimers before which automagically transformed my "50m" into "50:13", is it possible to do the same with ElvUi?
    8. Drag-and-droppable bag and bank: possible or not?

Thanks!
    1: might be possible in elvui's buff/debuffs but it might requires some lua edits. Desaturated for others and coloured for yours should be enough though. And use something like weak auras to track your important debuffs.

2: pretty sure elvui only can show the in combat icon for your own player frame. I don't see the benefit having it on party/raid frames. Again it's possible with some lua edits. (I've added role icon to target frame to keep party/raid ones clearer.)

3: the reason the level sometimes shows is because it won't display for 90. You can make it always show though with adding a custom text [level] and adding a new custom text allows you to position it anywhere.

4: you should be able to select the show realm in tooltips in the tooltip options panel. Mine show realms.

5: in the raid frame options be it 10,25,40 for the "name" tag it's default on like 5 or 10 characters. Changer the tag to [name:long] and it should show up to 15 chars.

6: now sure why you would need to show xp once at max level since rep is all you need to monitor at max. There might be an option I've never looked, if not then it would probably require a lua edit.

7: this might require a lua edit or there might even be an existing plug-in/addon on the Tukui.org site. I use Raven for my buffs/debuffs so I've never looked into this for elvui's buffs/debuffs.

8: not sure I understand what you mean for this one.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-12-18 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    1: might be possible in elvui's buff/debuffs but it might requires some lua edits. Desaturated for others and coloured for yours should be enough though. And use something like weak auras to track your important debuffs.

2: pretty sure elvui only can show the in combat icon for your own player frame. I don't see the benefit having it on party/raid frames. Again it's possible with some lua edits. (I've added role icon to target frame to keep party/raid ones clearer.)

3: the reason the level sometimes shows is because it won't display for 90. You can make it always show though with adding a custom text [level] and adding a new custom text allows you to position it anywhere.

4: you should be able to select the show realm in tooltips in the tooltip options panel. Mine show realms.

5: in the raid frame options be it 10,25,40 for the "name" tag it's default on like 5 or 10 characters. Changer the tag to [name:long] and it should show up to 15 chars.

6: now sure why you would need to show xp once at max level since rep is all you need to monitor at max. There might be an option I've never looked, if not then it would probably require a lua edit.

7: this might require a lua edit or there might even be an existing plug-in/addon on the Tukui.org site. I use Raven for my buffs/debuffs so I've never looked into this for elvui's buffs/debuffs.

8: not sure I understand what you mean for this one.
    Thanks for the response!

1. I'll check out LUA editing. And the whole reason I've installed ElvUi was to get rid of most of my addons so I'm trying to configure it to work for me, not install any others like WeakAuras.

2. I'll check out LUA editing. The reason I wanted that was because, for example, in dungeons and raids I reallt want to know who's the guy that pulled that extra trash pack and kited it all the way too us...

3. Thanks! Worked perfectly!

4. Currently it only show "Coalesced Realm*", not the realm name. There's no option but I googled it and found that by pressing Shift while mousing over a target you get extra options, including the realm.

5. Thanks! Worked perfectly!

6. It's not necessary, ofc, but there's an empty space on my UI because of it and it's irritating ^^

7. I'll check out LUA editing. Should be simple enough.

8. I meant if there's any possibility to click-move the bag and bank frames on the screen instead of them being static.

Oh, and another thing. I don't like my raid buffs on the right side of my minimap; can I, somehow, show the consolidated buffs icon top-right, near my buffs? Currently, whenever I tried messing with the options, there's either "buffs on the minimap" or "disable buffs completely"...

Hey guys,

I used to be a big fan of customizing my UI back in the day, but after a few expansions and addons going dead I just quit doing that and found a nice UI that's worked for me since I found it (WotLK) called SpartanUI. It is fixed (so I couldn't screw up by moving a part of my UI and not knowing which addon it belonged to even if I tried), looks like the Blizzard UI's art (which I find awesome) and has a lot of bar space for my abilities and fun items.

It's not perfect, gives me quite a few errors (it has it's own unremovable cast bar for example, which overlaps with Quartz) and I'm not really that happy with how it works nowadays. Project's been abandoned and the only updates it gets are those that keep it afloat, never fixing problems or adding functionality but just barely keeping it alive after every patch update kills it.

Now, I woke up today and when I logged in WoW I just knew it's time for a change. And I've done quite a bit of research for another UI, but nothing caught my attention. Thing is, I've gotten so used to it (to where all my abilities and buttons are, more precisely) to the point that if I give up on using any of my 6 bars I'll have a hard time getting accustomed to any other UI.

Here's what my UI currently looks like:

Before trolls jump in, most of my main abilities are keybinded to my Logitech G-keys, so I don't need to click my cooldowns or anything.

Here's the only 2 UI's that I found...usable:

The first one is a project from RDX, which is a preloaded theme chooser. This is one theme:

Problem is, this hasn't been updated since march, so I don't know if it's reliable. Don't want it dieing away like SpartanUI.

The second one is called DiscordArt:

As you can see, I'm a big fan of keeping the majority of my screen clear, and I love a lot of action bars (4+). Do you guys know any UI that could maybe help me replace SpartanUI and have at least 4 action bars (and not be stacked one on top of the other, like http://s.cdn.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw59721.jpg)?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Thanks for the response!

1. I'll check out LUA editing. And the whole reason I've installed ElvUi was to get rid of most of my addons so I'm trying to configure it to work for me, not install any others like WeakAuras.

2. I'll check out LUA editing. The reason I wanted that was because, for example, in dungeons and raids I reallt want to know who's the guy that pulled that extra trash pack and kited it all the way too us...

3. Thanks! Worked perfectly!

4. Currently it only show "Coalesced Realm*", not the realm name. There's no option but I googled it and found that by pressing Shift while mousing over a target you get extra options, including the realm.

5. Thanks! Worked perfectly!

6. It's not necessary, ofc, but there's an empty space on my UI because of it and it's irritating ^^

7. I'll check out LUA editing. Should be simple enough.

8. I meant if there's any possibility to click-move the bag and bank frames on the screen instead of them being static.

Oh, and another thing. I don't like my raid buffs on the right side of my minimap; can I, somehow, show the consolidated buffs icon top-right, near my buffs? Currently, whenever I tried messing with the options, there's either "buffs on the minimap" or "disable buffs completely"...
    2: party/raid frames should show aggro around the frame with a red border if someone pulled. But not 100% of the time. Again probably very easily done via lua edit to show a combat icon with a copy/paste of the correct code for it out of the player frame lua.

4: yeah shift will show the realm name. I forgot about that bit after I posted.

6: but empty space is good and less clutter. Esp for something not useful once at max level

8: oooh ok. Yes you can. Shift + drag will let you move the bag/bank panels.

9: consolidated buffs are coded to be attached to the minimap. So this would probably require some lua to change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    2: party/raid frames should show aggro around the frame with a red border if someone pulled. But not 100% of the time. Again probably very easily done via lua edit to show a combat icon with a copy/paste of the correct code for it out of the player frame lua.

4: yeah shift will show the realm name. I forgot about that bit after I posted.

6: but empty space is good and less clutter. Esp for something not useful once at max level

8: oooh ok. Yes you can. Shift + drag will let you move the bag/bank panels.

9: consolidated buffs are coded to be attached to the minimap. So this would probably require some lua to change that.
    8. Amazing! Thanks!

Others are LUA stuff, I guess I'll try editing it this weekend. Otherwise, I'll just post on their forums...

Thanks loads mate! If there was any possibility to give +1 internetz I totally would!

In case anyone is in a helping mood and knows LUA scripting, here's what's left on my to-do list:

3. Is it possible to show the XP bar even if I'm at max level?
    4. Buffs not showing seconds if under 1 hour; I was using SeriousBuffTimers before which automagically transformed my "50m" into "50:13", is it possible to do the same with ElvUi?
    5. Can I, somehow, show the consolidated buffs icon top-right, near my buffs? Currently, whenever I tried messing with the options, there's either "buffs on the minimap" or "disable buffs completely"...
    Last edited by Ideon; 2013-12-19 at 02:54 AM.