Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Mana was bad. Really, really bad. I didn't play a lot of hunter when they did use mana, but the rotation was as boring as the other classes'.
    What spec are you talking about if its bm in wrath then I would agree but the other spec aren't, survival didn't have an easy rotation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yes they do. You are just wrong.
    they use more melee abilities than cast spell which makes it berly a caster class, hunters still cast spells too, arcane,cobra,aimed shot are casrs spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    ret and holy Palys use mana too and don't cast spells
    Wait wait what?
    I guess I will stop cast holy, divine and flash of light to name a few.. Those all use mana.
    Also ret paladins have a few spells that use mana, so you argument is really invalid.

I met so many hunters that say they like focus so much more and that it actually made the class more fun to play. So just because you live in a world that is 3 years ago doesn't mean that everyone should.

What spec are you talking about if its bm in wrath then I would agree but the other spec aren't, survival didn't have an easy rotation

- - - Updated - - -

they use more melee abilities than cast spell which makes it berly a caster class, hunters still cast spells too, arcane,cobra,aimed shot are casrs spells.
    Survival barely got played in Wrath, and its rotation wasn't hard. "Hit everything on cooldown, viper and steady shot for mana if you don't have a pally judging wisdom" wasn't difficult.

Also, aimed shot isn't "magical." It is, by definition, an aimed shot. Arcane shot is the only one with an obviously magical nature.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Again they made the problem even worse by buffing aspect of the hawk, all this means that hunters are going to be even more dmg with little to no effort making the class even more out of balance than before, instead addressing the real problem with hunters which is focus.

they should have changed from focus to mana. That wouldn't be a revamp, but more like devamping into its original balanced state = a fix = which would make it a hotfix in reality because it would be infact the hottest change to hunters because it would be the most popular change to hunters and more ppl would play them. It would make it more challenging again. like how removing diablo ah would be a popular change now its actually going to be a challenge for people to get gear instead of buying their way through everything. same idea.

mana was a good resource for hunters, if they made the changes with hunters in cata and in mop and still kept mana it would have been pretty close to perfection in terms of balance. I know they had it in wow beta but it was waay too clunky and its still clunky today, which is why im glad they went mana instead.

This isn't a hotfix, this is just a tiny Band-Aid on a gigantic wound which doesn't solve anything. If people know whats good for them they would be able to look past their posts and get the bigger picture here. Blizz is kinda being lazy on this one, and more people are quitting hunters cause its no longer challenging as it once was in wrath.
    you have about 100 threads moaning about getting mana back, you make any excuse to bring it back. The real question is why are you complaining in MMO champion so much when here is not what changes anything in the game.

Changing back to mana would change absolutely nothing bar giving hunters the potential for even less dps, mana has and was never hard to maintain. No class in WOW is a challenge to play and currently all classes are much better than back in TBC where you only did 2-3 spells max for your main rotation, so how the hell was TBC hunter more challenging than it is now, at least now you have a resource which helps make a set rotation. Changing back to mana would just break the hunter class and blizz will never do it.

Changing back to mana would change nothing also in terms of amount of ppl playing them, if your going to play a class its not because of the color of the energy bar as mana would change nothing for the rotation.

If you really want a challenge in a game then WOW is not the place to get it, it's designed to be easy to play and only a very small percentage of players actually do anything at all challenging in game, currently bar a few exceptions most classes are well balanced, as now hunters are in a very good place raiding and PvP wise. Playing a hunter properly at max lvl will take skill currently to achieve maximum dps it's not as if its just faceroll 2-3 spells like in TBC and your top dps, it's pretty obvious you have done very little in terms of challenging content.

You also do know that mana and focus are the same thing, they are both a resource which with the current hunter would change next to nothing in the rotation if they did switch to mana apart from the possible need to switch to viper to regain mana if needed which require no skills and reduces the hunter effectiveness to being near useless.

lastly the current form of hunter can no longer support mana due to not having the passive mana regains which have all been removed from all classes now.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-01-08 at 01:18 AM.

Your aware a hotfix is essentially a band-aid until a major content patch where they address the issue?

You really don't expect something as major as a class overhaul to take place in a hot fix do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would fix it, you just skimmed through my entire post.
    We skim through your posts because you write the same damn thing in every single thread that mentions hunter. We know what you're gonna say.

And it all comes down to this: You dislike Focus, because you enjoyed mana. I dislike mana, because I didn't roll a mage. I also feel that focus gives you more control over your resource.

Opinion vs. opinion, dude.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Focus provides a much more intuitive system of resource management. Mana was not as great as you think it was. Hunters were not the top dps during the days of mana. I feel like you believe they were. Let me restate that. Hunters were not the top dps during the days of mana. In fact, mana days were the days of the huntard, the average player using strength items, and the days of the dead zone, where people could murder you if they could stay in that range. Super fun times if you ask me. Man, I wish they could add the dead zone back in, bring back mana so that we can be silenced(using mana, means a magic school, aka nature). OH boy.

ret and holy Palys use mana too and don't cast spells
    Crap thats what im doing wrong on my paladin, ive been casting spells!

So do you want BC hunter model back? A macro which does your entire BM rotation for you, and the only skill is not forgetting to turn of viper aspect when you need to regen in low gear levels before you have enough mp5, spirit, int. Also with the removal of replenishment/judgement of wisdom, VT etc, all mana on a hunter would do now is switch your orange bar to a blue bar, would still need to use CS to regen etc, so give a hunter 300k mana, Arc Shot costs 75k mana etc, Cobra shot regens 40k mana per shot etc, you get the point. The old version of hunter relied on raid regen tools to be self sufficient, so now you would need the regen put into abilities and the outcome would be exactly the same as using focus now.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a thread about the changes:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-hotfix-buffs!!!!!

and it seems you regularly create mana-related threads for hunters. Please stop. You have an open thread regarding it, use that.