Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rystrave View Post
    I've noticed it on Thrall as well.
    Have not had a queue time on Thrall in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Bleeding Hollow went from no server queues at peak times on Tuesday to 40 minute queues on Monday. Blizzard needs to open up free realm transfers to let things balance out.
    They won't fix that. The free realm transfers will be to dead realms like they always are and people will not take them.
    Last edited by Freia; 2014-01-08 at 02:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    I play on a very full server Area 52 Before heirlooms went cross sever there was hardly anyone questing out in mop and we did not have que times. Now we have 2 hr+ ques every night and the mop zones are full of people. Anyone else notice people jumping ship to full servers?
    What time are you logging in? I have my "main army" of toons on A52...
    There are no login queues except for tuesday and wednesday, and a small queue on thursdays. And that starts at around 6pm realm time. And if I had a queue it wasn't more than around 1k, and did not take a whole hour..
    The BOA crossrealm change made no noticeable difference imo.
    Additionally I have also toons I actively play on Stormrage. The realm is a tad bigger, but significantly more active players are there, and the queues on Stormrage are generally longer, and last well into the Weekend. But even there, I've never had 2 hours wait. And there too. The queue situation started long before the BOA change.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The bigger issue is poor realm management on Blizzards part. Their connections are taking far too long causing people who want to raid to transfer. Cross realm normal might alleviate some of this as it would allow those people who want to raid to not have to transfer to the huge servers thinking they will be able to get groups.

This issue is not the fault of the players, this issue was caused by Blizzard and their interest in transfer fees instead of healthy realm populations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ben- View Post
    The bigger issue is poor realm management on Blizzards part. Their connections are taking far too long causing people who want to raid to transfer. Cross realm normal might alleviate some of this as it would allow those people who want to raid to not have to transfer to the huge servers thinking they will be able to get groups.

This issue is not the fault of the players, this issue was caused by Blizzard and their interest in transfer fees instead of healthy realm populations.
    The fault on Blizzards end is the timing of when they pull the plug. They wait way too long until they lock a server.
    Area 52 is locked. A new player cannot make a toon there anymore now. You can still move and make toons if you are already on the server though.
    The problem lies in simple human behavior.. We factually are a herd animal. We flock together where we can. High pop realms are therefore attractive to most people. And at some point they end up over crowded, while other realms die.
    Another aspect has a lot more negative impact than the BOA changes.... The removal for realm first achievements.
    Before that was changed, entire guilds moved to lower pop realms, to snatch the achievements with little competition present.
    Lots of people orient themselves towards better progressing realms. With no progression guilds moving around anymore, the dead realms remain dead..

I agree with Blizzard needing to lock realms , Vodka transferred to Stormrage recently, queue times last night were nearing 2 hours. That NEVER should of been allowed, the realm already suffered queues nightly and allowing a guild of that notoriety to transfer to an already overloaded realm made the situation much worse. Its not the 25 players that are the problem its the others that follow them.
    Last edited by ben-; 2014-01-08 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ben- View Post
    This.
    For too long Blizzard has treated realm population issues as a nice way to milk more money out of players and not something that they should even attempt to fix. They've only themselves to blame for the ever increasing mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely noticed. While I DO like this change, the ~300 people in que for Mal'Ganis last night was mildly obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    Wait... can you mail Heirlooms across servers now?!
    Not just hierlooms either - any BOA items. For example Timeless isle tokens - great when I have LOADS of these on one server and not so many on another - I was able to mail them all to my new hunter on my less used server where I had none in a bank.

Queues are getting shorter on Kazzak EU and about bloody time!

Stupid question but it seems like a good place to ask it:

Can I send heirlooms from a horde char to alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Have not had a queue time on Thrall in a long time.
    It's not so much the que times, but just the plethora of people around, moreso than it was before. It's not uncommon to see an entire dungeon group from Thrall anymore, especially when leveling.

But leveling zones are dead. No one seems to level the old fashioned way anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Stupid question but it seems like a good place to ask it:

Can I send heirlooms from a horde char to alliance?
    You can. I sent heirlooms to an Alliance character on a completely different realm. Any BoA (Timeless included) can. You just have to type the name like Charactername-Realm.
    Last edited by rystrave; 2014-01-08 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rystrave View Post
    You just have to type the name like Charactername-Realm.
    Point to notice: you leave out the spaces when typing the realm name.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    what do u mean ? u can send heirlooms on other servers now ? when did that happen ? its been like 2 years since this was a desired feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what do u mean ? u can send heirlooms on other servers now ? when did that happen ? its been like 2 years since this was a desired feature
    Last mini patch.
    you can now cross server send all BOA items.. Not just heirlooms, all BOA items.
    You just enter toonname-servername bam...

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny I seen a thread on the official forums asking for FCM. The person was quickly told to "pay 25 bucks and stop asking for handouts" I was like fucking really? Asking for Blizzard to offer FCM from severs they LET become over populated is a issue? Seriously why the fuck don't they lock full severs like they use too and are the sheep that big of asskissers? No wonder why people quit with a community like that
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2014-01-10 at 01:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New player movement is piling on faction imbalance on PvP realms. People just like to join the winning team. But it really affects quality of life on these servers when you're in the minority. I've given up farming Timeless Isle, I'm just being hunted down all the time.

I noticed this on Zul'jin as well. I barely ever saw queue timer before, but suddenly this week I have had 10 minute wait to get on.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Deleted
    I rerolled on new server because of it, all my mains are on low pop servers, now I can make new toons on high pop servers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildtree View Post
    what time are you logging in? I have my "main army" of toons on a52...
    There are no login queues except for tuesday and wednesday, and a small queue on thursdays. And that starts at around 6pm realm time. And if i had a queue it wasn't more than around 1k, and did not take a whole hour..
    The boa crossrealm change made no noticeable difference imo.
    Additionally i have also toons i actively play on stormrage. The realm is a tad bigger, but significantly more active players are there, and the queues on stormrage are generally longer, and last well into the weekend. But even there, i've never had 2 hours wait. And there too. The queue situation started long before the boa change.

4-9 pst

/10

15+ Year Old Account
    just had my first que time on Mal'ganis in 2years