Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else notice this since heirlooms are cross sever

I play on a very full server Area 52 Before heirlooms went cross sever there was hardly anyone questing out in mop and we did not have que times. Now we have 2 hr+ ques every night and the mop zones are full of people. Anyone else notice people jumping ship to full servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising. Now that you're unfettered for leveling more and more people will do it.

I'm glad heirlooms have finally become cross server. Should have been that one from day 1

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed it on Thrall as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    I'm glad heirlooms have finally become cross server. Should have been that one from day 1
    Blizzard intended on it being like that, but it wasn't due to technical limitations that they have now overcome.

There's been (short) queues on Wyrmrest every night lately. I think we have a lot of people coming in from the "dead" RP servers.

I'm not looking forward to trying to get on when WoD comes out. >_<

Bleeding Hollow went from no server queues at peak times on Tuesday to 40 minute queues on Monday. Blizzard needs to open up free realm transfers to let things balance out.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... can you mail Heirlooms across servers now?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    Wait... can you mail Heirlooms across servers now?!
    Yes. Whee!

Haven't seen this on Kil"Jaeden, but it wouldn't surprise me. Rerolling suddenly became a lot more convenient, and (mostly) everyone wants to join an active realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    There's been (short) queues on Wyrmrest every night lately. I think we have a lot of people coming in from the "dead" RP servers.

I'm not looking forward to trying to get on when WoD comes out. >_<
    Fellow Wyrmrest player, experiencing queues as well.

If what my guildmates are saying is right (I kinda doubt it), the queues aren't because the server is getting more people than usual, but because the server capacity has been temporarily lowered. Apparently the servers are being physically moved to another data center?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I really doubt x-server heirlooms would have that big an effect, probably just a coincidence.

But yeah it's a nice improvement, it'll be even better once we get the vanity tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    I play on a very full server Area 52 Before heirlooms went cross sever there was hardly anyone questing out in mop and we did not have que times. Now we have 2 hr+ ques every night and the mop zones are full of people. Anyone else notice people jumping ship to full servers?
    Hate to break your bubble, but Area 52 has has had que times to log in during peak times ever since wrath and it's been extremely busy since Mop released.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Bleeding Hollow went from no server queues at peak times on Tuesday to 40 minute queues on Monday. Blizzard needs to open up free realm transfers to let things balance out.
    Free and Blizzard don't belong in the same sentence.

Why should they care when people are willing to pay real money to change servers.

Same with BG queues.

The playerbase literally pays Blizzard to fix their own unbalanced shit.

People are abandoning dead servers and doing it all over again on highly pop servers thanks to this new Heirloom xserver shit

I know ive started over again on another high pop server and left my dead server

I dont mind leveling up again and there is no way in hell im paying blizz 25 dollars to move my toons

Keep in mind that every time we're getting closer to a new expansion they put artificial queues to force people to transfer before the expansion hits to avoid server issues on high populated realms. Sure people do play more on different servers now due to heirlooms being crossrealm, but not enough to suddenly have huge queues etc.

problem with free transfers off high pop servers with long que times, is the low pop side are the ones who generally bail causing servers to become even more imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    it was technically impossible at the time son, blizzard actually had to create and update the tech so they could it. you should be on your hands and knees thanking them for doing it.

Yep getting queues as early as 4pm UK time for Outland EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    I have some characters on US-Wyrmrest, and just transferred a character from US-Farstriders (the AH on Farstriders was just pathetic.)

I think one reason for the transfers is that the realm "merging" is going too slowly.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"