Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    The difference between ICC, DS and SoO is that ICC was pug friendly, you could log alts and do 4-6 bosses depending on the raid group, even more if you got into the great groups which downed upto and sometimes including 11 bosses.

DS was abit less pug friendly then ICC but it was doable with decent group, at least the first bosses, plus running LFR wasn't so tedious like now, doing full SoO is annoying and takes around 4 hours in total, upto 6-8 if you get braindead people, at least DS lfr lasted 30 mins each wing so 1 hour total, 1.5-2 hours at most if you get idiotic groups. You're no way going to pug SoO normal, unless you're joinging some heroic 10/25 man guild doing alt runs and need someone to fill last spot, or top guild making a run you might down something.

Also you can't even argue "But you has flex!" that's way different and the gear you get there is just slightly better then Timeless(upgraded) items.

I just wish normal was more pug friendly, that alone would make content even more fun for those who can find something to do with alts.
    While I dont have experience in normal SoO and there is the other factor of SoO having more bosses. PuGs seeing only half ICC or less isnt so PuG friendly. PuGs clearing ToC is PuG friendly. T11 prenerf PuGs on my realm saw more than six bosses while taking far longer to get six bosses in ICC with the buff and post nerf T11 seeing full clears with a lot of slop that make early ToC look hard. With a smaller nerf to DS normal compared to the one for ICC, DS was made easier and faster to do in a PuG than in LFR. So many of the mechanics was ignored or cheesed in some manner compared to ICC with even LK being seen by a minority of raiders with the 30% buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    A repeat of ICC and Dragon Soul :P

Ouch.
    Paired with an out of the gate rapid catch up mechanism to the final tier which Blizzard said prior was a problem with catch up dungeons and not wanting to repeat such rapid catch up did just that except with a different feature. Great for those who want to return and spend a month or two, but not so much for a subscription based game.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-08 at 10:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know with 17 pieces of gear 20-25 weeks is not enough. It would be nice to go through more than one month without thinking "Gotta cap, gotta cap, gotta cap."

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Gonna be interesting to see how big of a hit on subs they take with no annual pass to keep people around that are already bored to death. I personally am not gonna spend almost a hundred bucks for that six months to sit around bored out of my mind.
    the trick with diablo 3 was enough for dragon soul - they will jsut throw in diablo 3 expansion to next annual pass and problem with SoO solved again and dont lie to yourself that people who were gonna buy d3 expansion and play wow from tiem to time wont buy annual pass like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Well said.

The small percentage of people that are crying for xrealm are the same ones whinging WoD is taking too long to come out.

If Blizz start work on that it means it will be more months 90% of the playerbase has to wait to maybe satisfy a few cry babies.

Also by the time Blizz could bring this out, who is left that actually wants to run normal anymore?

Stop crying and wait for WoD
    Paying customers are cry babies for wanting content? This whole problem is down to poor planning on behalf Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to say it.

The only art piece that even resembles a disney theme is the Snow White dwarf.

Otherwise, they're all crap with connections that are literally grasping at straws. That Blood Elf is supposed to be based on Princess Jasmine? Even though it looks nothing like her and isn't even wearing similar clothes? You can't just slap on a theme without putting any effort into a work of art.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Exactly.

Instead they rather nerf or maybe even sell us level 90 characters like it will somehow fix the issue of boredom for experienced/good players who are now pulling whole instances to make it somewhat interesting...

There is way too much "protection" in this game now. It's way too forgiving.
    If content is too hard for you then you can always take a step back. If content is too easy and boring for you you just have to deal with that. The hardest leveling content is easy.
    No, I am not going to level naked without xp bonuses just because Blizzard can't give us proper leveling content.
    You act as if WoW hasn't always had level restrictions on quests. Or many MMOs that predate WoW for that matter. You guys new or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Except y'know the year they stuck us with ICC and the almost year we were stuck with Dragon Soul

Gonna be interesting to see how big of a hit on subs they take with no annual pass to keep people around that are already bored to death. I personally am not gonna spend almost a hundred bucks for that six months to sit around bored out of my mind.
    I hear that, my sub expired yesterday had thought about renewing. Now with this announcement about another PvP season spanning an estimated 5+months; no thanks.

Man, if adding cross realm normal SoO delays WoD even by one week, I'll be pissed at you anti-socials that can't seem to get along with people just enough to stay in a guild. Learn some fricken people skills and stop being so bad at the game that no one wants you on their team. Think of it this way, even if they make SoO cross realm, you're gonna need those skills or else no one is gonna want to spend the time to down 14 bosses with you if you have a shit personality and you only want to be carried.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So new PVE content is cancelled because it would delay WoD... but new stuff for PvPers is fine... seems legit

The idea that allowing cross realm normal and heroic raiding would delay WoD is absurd. They already allow for flex, lfr, dungeons, old content and other things to be allowed to be done cross realm. It would take zero effort to allow for SoO to be done so as well. This has been and remains about keeping a reason for server transfers and the fees it brings in. If you allow for current content to be done cross realm, from day one, you take the biggest reason for a person to server transfer away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I consider myself to be a typical WoW player, been playing since vanilla and this is the first time I am most likely going to freeze my sub till the new xpac comes out

Deleted
    I don't care, I'm going to renew my sub tomorrow and enjoy the game.

weeeeeeeee

10+ Year Old Account
    Bummed about this. SoO LFR runs are getting longer (aka stupider), despite the months that it's had to spread knowledge of the mechanics into the general populace. As much a bore the 5.0 raids were (where mechanics generally were ignored), I'd prefer them to the Determination system that got implemented in patch 5.2.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Bummed about this. SoO LFR runs are getting longer (aka stupider), despite the months that it's had to spread knowledge of the mechanics into the general populace. As much a bore the 5.0 raids were (where mechanics generally were ignored), I'd prefer them to the Determination system that got implemented in patch 5.2.
    Could not have said it better myself