Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

built new PC for WoW and still getting low FPS :(

Built this new pc just before christmas and tonite in SoO 25 Heroic, I was getting down to 4-9 FPS on both Immerseus and Protectors from Ultra to High and nothing seemed to work til I went to LOW and even then on every fight I was lucky to get 13 or 17 fps.

this is what I'm using:

1 x ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    1 x Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K
    1 x EVGA - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card
    4 x G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model
    also running WoW from a 120 GB SSD

I don't overclock, don't know how and have a 750watt PSU.

here's a jpg of my settings hosted on tinypic.com -- http://i43.tinypic.com/208dydl.jpg

in shrine with the above settings I get 70 fps.

anything I can do to improve it? all i can think of is maybe the older ram (from 2009) is maybe limiting me.

I really really really doubt it's your rig.

Try disabling all addons and try Immerseus/etc again. Or even uninstalling them. I bet it's a rogue addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Do you have updated video card drivers? Thats the only thing I can think of.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by residentisz View Post
    Built this new pc just before christmas and tonite in SoO 25 Heroic, I was getting down to 4-9 FPS on both Immerseus and Protectors from Ultra to High and nothing seemed to work til I went to LOW and even then on every fight I was lucky to get 13 or 17 fps.

this is what I'm using:

1 x Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K
    4 x G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model

here's a jpg of my settings hosted on tinypic.com -- http://i43.tinypic.com/208dydl.jpg

anything I can do to improve it? all i can think of is maybe the older ram (from 2009) is maybe limiting me.
    Considering I have a way worse computer than this, and I'm sitting at 100ish FPS in most areas and about 50-60 in 25 mans, yeah.... It's not the computer, might want to try reinstalling WoW and remove any addons you dont absolutely need. I only use a threat meter, a dps meter and some random addons I turn on when I need them, gatherer/transmog stuff etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is just old. I have SLI 760 4gbs OC and still have fps problems in wow.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    This is a gross misunderstanding of ... a lot of stuff. WoW being 'old' has nothing to do with anything. ANd "SLI 760" doesnt either, since it's not a GPU dependant game.

Anyway, there's obviously something wrong with the system. You should be getting much better performance.

Check your system temperatures, for one. Try disabling addons. Make sure drivers are up to date. Looking at that picture, something seems off.. It looks like the card isn't even displaying all the colors O_o
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Wow utilizes cpu more than gpu and it doesn't like multi-gpu setups.

OT: OP, have you got the latest drivers? Also check your addons, you might find one is causing the trouble.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Saying its WoW(Blizzard side) or Computer fault is just plain ignorance.
    Look that those specs, it isn't your computer fault - must be some broken addon or bad driver.

@^
    Meanwhile WoW is old, yes it is not that optmized I can surely tell you it isn't the reason OP is getting 4-10 FPS.

Deleted
    WoW uses almost none of any GPU. Other than the shadereffects (Marrowgar in ICC for example) it is almost completely on the CPU side.
    That said, no videogame to date uses 100% of an i7. It's definitely not the OP's rig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Wow utilizes cpu more than gpu and it doesn't like multi-gpu setups.

OT: OP, have you got the latest drivers? Also check your addons, you might find one is causing the trouble.
    Oh it doesn't matter if I turn one off wow just has fps problems. No where near as bad as the OPs but.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it doesn't matter if I turn one off wow just has fps problems.
    No, it doesn't. You're having FPS problems and blaming the engine. If you want to fix it, find out what the issue is instead of blaming the game.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    No, it doesn't. You're having FPS problems and blaming the engine. If you want to fix it, find out what the issue is instead of blaming the game.
    You don't think I haven't? Only answers I come up with are wow is old. They run every other single game amazingly except for wow and Rift where they force lower framerates in some zones.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by residentisz View Post

this is what I'm using:

The fact that it happens only in raid combat, screams addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't think I haven't? Only answers I come up with are wow is old. They run every other single game amazingly expect for wow and Rift where they force lower framerates in some zones.
    If the only answer you get is 'wow is old' then you're asking in the wrong places. That definitely isn't the answer here. And WoW and Rift do not 'force lower framerates'. If you want help on the matter, you're welcome to make a new thread and detail your system, what you've tried, and we'll see what we can do.

But WoW being 'old' is not the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the @quarterpinte suggested, it might be due to wrong drivers. When I got my rig together and ran 3d mark06 to compare to my old 5year old setup, the r7 260x scored lower than gt5500 lol
    Had bad drivers, but you have nVidia so not sure, but updating drivers won't hurt.
    Have you checked for temps when you play?

You have all the components to OC, so if you don't OC you kinda wasted your money :P
    Here is info that will get you started:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/h...ith-statistics
    I must note that OCing voids warranty on CPU.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Check if it's turning on power saving:

Start -> Control panel -> System and Security -> Power Options -> Select "High Performance"

Make sure high performance is the one selected, there may also be settings in the GPU drivers' control center that could be limiting its power usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveaux View Post
    WoW uses almost none of any GPU. Other than the shadereffects (Marrowgar in ICC for example) it is almost completely on the CPU side.
    That said, no videogame to date uses 100% of an i7. It's definitely not the OP's rig.
    I do beg to differ, I am running WoW on my intel hd4600 and I run it on medium with high view distance comparably worse than before I had gpu and ran all on ultra, even MSx8

Judging from the screenshot, could it be you have the monitor plugged into the mobo not the card?
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2014-01-08 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    Fullscreeen is about 3 times higher fps than windowed fullscreen at least for my pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Fullscreeen is about 3 times higher fps than windowed fullscreen at least for my pc.
    I run fine 2xWoW both windowed on Intel Hd4600 (medium settings).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I run fine 2xWoW both windowed on Intel Hd4600 (medium settings).
    It depends on how much is happening on the screen ofc, but on high stress with high/ultra fullscreen is like a different game with its smoothness.