Poll: What whole dollar value would you be prepared to pay for a single char boost-to-90?

Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Pricecheck on boost-to-90 feature (from Blizzard survey)

A survey was sent out recently to random Blizzard customers. Heres an article on it: http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/31/52...-annual-passes

And the picture in question is below.

Why let random people receiving that email have all the fun? Lets open a poll here to see what you think as well!

What would you pay? Poll above! This char boost would save you the need to buy additional WoD expansions (at 30-50 bucks each) to get multiple boosts-to-90, for those of you who have several alts or classes you'd like to level up ASAP.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-01-02 at 12:43 PM.

$100 because fuck these ptw lazy bastards that want everything handed to them but complain when they run out of thingsto do.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Should not be available" wasn't even an option in the official poll? Jeez.

I'd probably say $30,000.00 just to get the point across.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

While I would like to get my actual poll first, I would go for the option that includes the free 90. More people will get the game that way, and it will feel ALOT less like a microtransaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    "Should not be available" wasn't even an option in the official poll? Jeez.

I'd probably say $30,000.00 just to get the point across.
    Couldn't have said it better.

If they added a boost to 90 for payment, I think it would need to be high priced so people don't abuse it. Something like $100

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    The survey was sent out here: http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/31/52...-annual-passes

And the picture in question is here. Why let random people receiving that email have all the fun? Lets open a poll here to see what everyone-thats-anyone in the mmo champ community really thinks.

What dollar value would you enter, poll above!
    isn't this already going to happen as part of purchasing WOD? I dont need it, cause by the time WOD comes even my bank alts will be 90.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

isn't this already going to happen as part of purchasing WOD?
    Two things to consider:

1 - WoD could be split into 2 versions, one with the boost feature as standard, and one (cheaper version) without.
    2 - Some people have multiple alts theyd use for such a feature and this would save them needing to buy multiple copies of the expansion. This is stupid, but people will still do it and it would be an official way for Blizzard to make that process easier for them.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-01-01 at 05:25 AM.

The reason they are asking is because with the new feature that is allowing anyone to get a free 90 then anyone will be able to buy a new copy of WoW, get a free lvl 90, and then transfer it to their main account for $25. And they said even people who don't buy the expansion will get the free boost. So, with a holiday sale like the current one, which only costs $15 to get MoP you would be able to buy as many level 90s as you want for $40 a piece, and then when next year comes around and MoP is included in the battlechest it will only be $30 a piece. And if transfers are ever half off again, that would be $17.50 per level 90. Pretty sweet imo.

That is why they are considering just adding it into the game, making it easy for anyone to get level 90s without feeling like they are cheating the system, even though it is completely legit.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2014-01-01 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as I've made it known I like Microtransactions, more than $20 is too much. My BELF Pally get the free boost but since I wanna buy several boosts a lower price is incentive to get several boosts in one go.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

They can charge whatever they think will get the most people to pay for it. So maybe 3 or 4 dollars. Because they're going to need to make up for the loss of subs because of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    The reason they are asking is because with the feature anyone will be able to buy a new copy of WoW, get a free lvl 90, and then transfer it to their main account for $25. And they said even people who don't buy the expansion will get the free boost. So, with a holiday sale like the current one, which only costs $15 to get MoP you would be able to buy as many level 90s as you want for $40 a piece, and then when next year comes around and MoP is included in the battlechest it will only be $30 a piece. And if transfers are ever half off again, that would be $17.50 per level 90. Pretty sweet imo.
    If that's the case, then they should just say "Only 1 boosted 90 per account". Easy.

I want to select (X) - Not allowed

Jeez - do you pay Sony to fast forward the first half of a BluRay you buy off them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    They can charge whatever they think will get the most people to pay for it. So maybe 3 or 4 dollars. Because they're going to need to make up for the loss of subs because of it.

- - - Updated - - -

If that's the case, then they should just say "Only 1 boosted 90 per account". Easy.
    But that's the point, you can make as many accounts as you want, and have them linked as long as they have the same last name. I'm not sure if it still works, but you also used to be able to transfer characters between accounts as long as they had the same last name.

WoW must be on its last legs in the eyes of the designers if they are ready to go back on their own word so blatantly. For nearly 10 years we have been told that the journey to maximum level is an important part of learning to play a character and developing our playstyles in general. The fact now we are being told they are even considering going back on it makes me want to shake my head in disgust.

A terrible idea from start to finish. It's like they are not even trying to hide Activisions toxic influence any longer.

i don't think it should be avaibable at all,

However in saying that they could bring in the +100% exp gain that they on the Korean servers (i believe it's the Korean servers, but i could be wrong)

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit earlier last year (2013), but i've played all classes raised them all to their max levels etc... then I deleted them. The only way I will return is if i can make multiple characters instantly to 90. I've leveled through 1-90 COUNTLESS times. So I honestly don't care if there is a price. I'll pay it, as long as it's reasonable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    If they added a boost to 90 for payment, I think it would need to be high priced so people don't abuse it. Something like $100
    Abuse it? In what ways could you possibly abuse a boost to 90?

Anyone who thinks people will quit or say they will quit themselves because other people can just buy a free 90 need to go ahead and quit cause you are probably just a downer with another 75%+ things Blizzard does. Other people being able to get alts to cap faster doesn't effect anyone but the person using it. There is no pay to win because pay to win is only at max level in the competitive setting of PvP, Raiding, and maybe dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    WoW must be on its last legs in the eyes of the designers if they are ready to go back on their own word so blatantly. For nearly 10 years we have been told that the journey to maximum level is an important part of learning to play a character and developing our playstyles in general. The fact now we are being told they are even considering going back on it makes me want to shake my head in disgust.

A terrible idea from start to finish. It's like they are not even trying to hide Activisions toxic influence any longer.
    Not going to lie, but I don't think wow is attracting that many new players anymore. It's more about maintaining it's subs now. And most people already playing have leveled through countless times.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they lose subs for that? What, you're going to cancel your sub because someone can get an instant 90? Pfffft. No you're not, sit down.

This is aimed at getting people caught up to their friends faster and also providing a service for people who have alts but hate all the leveling. Mostly the former though, and it's pretty much a necessity because with the game being as old as it is it's pretty inaccessible to new players. Leveling from 1-100 is a total chore, it's not really an enjoyable grind in any game, and then the game changes completely when you're done with it.

Something like $30 or higher for such a service would be fine. It's not like they're paying to skip all the content straight to current relevant content, just to current leveling content. This is great for raiders, it makes leveling a needed class easier than ever. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    But that's the point, you can make as many accounts as you want, and have them linked as long as they have the same last name. I'm not sure if it still works, but you also used to be able to transfer characters between accounts as long as they had the same last name.
    You can. Or at least you could two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Following market trends and aiming for stabilization is now "Activision's toxic influence." ?! Doing nothing to make the game more appealing to new players and make things more convenient for smaller raiding guilds (that want a certain class but can't find one.) is totally a better idea. Totally.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2014-01-01 at 05:37 AM.