Poll: Do you think we will see old gods again in World of Warcraft ?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you think we will ever have another old god themed expansion ?

The first one being Cataclysm.

So, there's two old gods we havn't physically encountered yet on (Or should I say, in) Azeroth, jailed beneath the surface, one of theses two is N'Zoth, the other one remains unknown.
    I always thinked N'Zoth should have been Cataclysm's last boss because he and his minions got so many more attention than Deathwing during the expansion (I'm aware Deathwing is one of N'Zoth's minions), I still think a whole expansion will be dedicated to N'Zoth with the Queen Azshara as a mid tier expansion boss, but WoW gets old and we don't know how many expansion will get out in the future, and there's still a lot of vilains to deal with in the Warcraft universe.

Since the aspect lost their powers, I think the Emerald Dream got weakened, and that Ysera can't ensure it's protection any longer, so i'm now thinking we will have to fight N'Zoth's forces into an "Emerald Nightmare" raid since he seems to be responsible of all of this.

As for the fifth old gods who remains unknown - my guess is that we will never see him.

So do you think that we will see old gods again in WoW ?

I hope so. Aside from Nagas and Azshara, Old Gods are my favorite villians. Their powers and minions just interest me a lot more than anything else.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Im going with maybe. Wrath had a old god in a raid. Cata had the perfect set up for adding an old god and didn't. So I honestly have no clue what they are planning with the old gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will inevitably return somehow. They are core villains of the WoW lore. They have an epic aura around them.

Besides, what <insert random negative word for a person> would rather want to fight versus something derpy as the <insert random mogu boss>, than something epic as a massive Old God(like C'Thun)?

Not enough old god in MoP for you?

Cata was an "old god" expanton? Thought cata was a "Deathwing" expantion. I mean, the old gods had about as much direct relivance to cata as they did in Wrath and Mists. I mean, hell, we dont even get to fight an Old God as a Raid Boss in cata, we just get to beat on the results of their corruption.

Deleted
    What game have you been playing? The last two have been heavily old god themed. You mentioned Cataclysm, but Pandaria's chief theme has been sha - which are the manifestation of Y'Shaarj. This is seen from the old god corruption of the mantid through to Garrosh's attempts to harness the power. Big chunks of old god content in vanilla and wrath too.

As people have said, they will have to address the subject when they eventually take on an Azshara expansion, but given the content of Warlords, and the fact that we have been told events in warlords lead in to the next expansion, I think we can assume this will not be until at least expansion 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Cata was an "old god" expanton? Thought cata was a "Deathwing" expantion. I mean, the old gods had about as much direct relivance to cata as they did in Wrath and Mists. I mean, hell, we dont even get to fight an Old God as a Raid Boss in cata, we just get to beat on the results of their corruption.
    Sorry, you have an incredibly narrow perception. Cata and mists have old god elements that pulse through the entire expansion. They are everywhere, controlling events. Wrath was just a single patch, removed from most of the expansion's general theme (aside from saronite). Vanilla too. We may have fought old gods in these patches, but, thematically, the expansions had very little old god content compared to cataclysm and Pandaria. Just because we fight a boss does not make the theme stronger.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    for me old gods theme is worse thing ever...didnt like no ahn'quije and neither ulduar...its just ugly stuf and neither lore

Pretty bored of old gods being in everything by now. Would prefer something different.

Deleted
    Sha is just the residual of an old god and doesn't feel old god in any way, Old Gods are trickster, manipulator, smart, and they remain mysterious

Sha is the manifestation of emotions in it's rawest and dumbest form, it doesn't feel Old god.
    MoP is more of an Horde expansion than an old god expansion, old gods are a side theme on MoP.

Old God in Vanilla, wrath, lore in cata, and spawns of Y'Shaarj in MoP. I hope there's more Old God content in the future, but doubtful in WoD.
    None in BC, so I doubt there'll be any in WoD

Correct me if i'm wrong^

Deleted
    Do you think we will ever have another old god themed expansion ?
    Not unless they make a movie about it too.

cataclysm wasn't really an old god expansion. how many old gods did you fight in cataclysm? it was more of a "dragons/elementals/servants of the old gods" thing.

WotLK was more of an old god expansion than cata, because not only did we fight against servants of the old gods as well, but we also fought a real old god (yogg)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Aren't the Arakkoa on Outland (Draenor) corrupted by an old god? I remember a quest in Shadowmoon Valley where they were trying to summon one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    Aren't the Arakkoa on Outland (Draenor) corrupted by an old god? I remember a quest in Shadowmoon Valley where they were trying to summon one.
    I think that was an act of desperation to fight off the orcs. Since they were summoning it it probably wasn't around before then.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I just want to point out to people that there are more Old Gods than those on Azeroth... you may well see something in WoD
    Mmm, Old gods were all over the universe until a titan locked them up in azeroth, so the only known old gods are still in azeroth. since we're taking the fight to draenor, i think we'll have a higher chance of seeing demons than old gods in WoD.

I don't think we've had a Old God themed expansion.

Sure they pop up, but just because Deathwing was made insane by them and Garrosh stole a heart, does not make it an Old God themed expansion.

Vanilla and WotLK had Old Gods as well.

In my opinion, WotLK was the most Old God 'themed' expansion.

I hope we have an expansion with N'Zoth as the portrayed bad guy from the start, then that will be a Old God themed expansion.
    Last edited by Trix; 2014-01-08 at 12:28 PM.

They have a eerie and spooky atmosphere tied to them that would surely influenced all the expansion style and zones and that's what i want from zones.

But they need to be careful not to fall into the "Lol its a old god again" trap that would turn these cool villains into just another random bad guy that wants to kill us. They need to remain rare and not overused. To base a entire expansion on them may not be the best choice.

With that said , i voted yes,i think they will do one and i want it and don't want it at the same time.....ah... >.<

Of course we will. They're a fan favourite and they've had their slimy tentacles in a significant portion of WoW villains to some degree or another. We may not see them directly, but we will see their influences again.

Warlords of Draenor will likely be a big break from them, to herald a BIG return to them in the expansion afterward (assuming we don't get that hinted at burning legion expac instead).

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Err... no? The Old Gods that were imprisoned on Azeroth were imprisoned there because they were all already ON Azeroth. There are more Old Gods than the ones we already know about. You don't really think that there are only these 4/5, do you? Just as there are far more Titans than we know the names of, there are more Old Gods than we've been made aware of.

I also have no doubt we'll see something about demons in WoD. But likely not until near the end of the expansion at least.
    Mind saying where that info is found (more old gods still out there in the universe)? If it's true, obviously I've missed something :>