Deleted

Feral DPS Question

Hey,

I am just getting back to feral DPS, and I'm looking up the correct spec for a veteran ferrari.
    I don't have access to Rune of Reorigination, but it seems that many of the "world class" ferals
    are using it even with ~574 ailvl.

How mandatory is the trinket right now? How much am I missing out?

Aaaand should I forget DoC and stick to .. HotW?

- Pörri

If you are casual: no, no, yes.
    If you are not casual: yes, '~10k' to HWF analog, in 10-man.

even if i only have the raid finder version of the rune? my other options would be renataki normal and shadow pan assault
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    If you are casual: no, no, yes.
    If you are not casual: yes, '~10k' to HWF analog, in 10-man.
    Uhh I'm confused, so I'll ask you did you mean:

Casual:
    RoR is not mandatory
    I am not missing out
    Use HotW

Not casual:
    RoR is mandatory
    Missing out ~10k dps
    Stick to HotW in 10-man

Mandatory is a pretty loaded term when it comes to WoW PvE. A heroic Rune is better than any other trinket, whether you consider acquisition of it "mandatory" is up to you and/or your guild. The exact damage difference can vary a fair bit depending on your particular combination of gear and trinkets, but it's something like 2-4% (you can always download Catus and find out the difference for your own character).

I think most people would tell you that there's little reason to not use Dream of Cenarius in 25 mans (at least when appropriate, HotW can be pretty competitive on a few of the fights especially if you have a good caster weapon), but 10 man sticking with HotW for the utility full time is totally reasonable, that's really a decision you have to make for yourself.

PS: And yes, you interpreted mmokri's post correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    even if i only have the raid finder version of the rune? my other options would be renataki normal and shadow pan assault
    If you're lucky enough to have a heroic one then you can be confident it's worth keeping, but otherwise you can't be sure unless you simulate your different trinket options (see catus link above).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer