Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    IMO pvp gear should be superior to PVE gear to do PVP. Saying that people on PVP servers should be protect from wPVP is the same as saying that I should go to smoker's area of a restaurant and complain that people are smoking next to me. It was YOUR choice to play there and yours only, don't cry that people are killing you.

Also, the only wpvp that is really normal to happen is timeless isle, and EVEN if pvp gear gets better than pve, pvers will still have the item buffs and shrine buffs advantage.

On the topic, I also hope a 550 ilvl at least, better than flex? Yes, but nearly the same if you consider 2/2 upgrades, trinkets will still be better and anyone serious about PVE is at least on garrosh normal mode at this point. Heck I go as a filler to help my friends sometimes and I have 554 pve ilvl.

Finally, if they are so damn concern that PVP gear will be better than flex, just scale it down inside instanced PVE.
    I'm not saying they should be protected, I'm saying it's normal for World PvP to happen in PvE gear, since people are only out there because they are doing PvE stuff. Go back to 5.2, I'm flying around farming Warbringers and if the opposite faction has them tagged, I will PvP in order to take the mob; but I still need my best PvE gear in order to kill the mob efficiently. I shouldn't have to wear PvP gear because PvP is not what I'm there for, PvP just happens incidentally while I'm pursuing a PvE goal.

I play on a PvP server and I don't know where you're taking the idea that Horde and Alliance kill each other on sight on such servers; in fact, more often than not we just /hi and go about our business, because we're both following non-competing goals and neither wants to waste time or create animosity. I still like having the option to fight over things out in the world, and I think PvP servers offer a more wholesome and exciting experience, but they're not all about "World PvP" as you describe it at all... People are still mostly doing PvE in the world.

The fact that you can't use most Timeless Isle buffs with the censer reinforces the idea that, while Blizzard encourages World PvP, they acknowledge it should be limited in its ability to disrupt PvE gameplay. So, even if you are ganking PvEers for a purpose, they want you to have a disadvantage; you will only get your reward if you are good enough and if you know how to pick your fights.

Also, try to understand that the item level on PvP gear only takes in consideration the stats that are also useful in PvE, not the PvP power and resilience. So a Grievous staff, for example, has the same stats weights as a 522 Suen-Wo... plus 7745 PvP power! This will make it much better than a 522 exclusively for PvP, probably closer to a 535, but that stat doesn't get counted towards the item level so that people don't use it to inflate their average for LFR queues and similar activities. A 550 PvP item would be considerably better in PvP than upgraded normals.

540 pvp gear will compete fine with upgraded normal mode gear. HC gear will likely edge it out, but the difference is minor.

You'll still get destroyed by timeless isle buffs regardless, hello 2 million stormblasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

But please buff resilience to 90%.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    I completely concur with this. Your solution does sound perfect. If Blizzard institutes such a system, those who work for higher ratings will be rewarded with gear on par with those who put forth the effort grinding heroic raids. Specifically, you'd be rewarding people who actually put forth effort in PvP, which is the whole idea behind the original rating system in the first place.

To extend it, perhaps they should limit their current item level crap to arena and RBG's.
    I'm not sure I understand fully what you are saying. One thing I do know though, PvEers running around in heroic raid gear doesn't ruin the game play of casual players. However, PvPers running around in 548 ilvl gear stomping casual players in random BGs does.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I'm not sure I understand fully what you are saying. One thing I do know though, PvEers running around in heroic raid gear doesn't ruin the game play of casual players. However, PvPers running around in 548 ilvl gear stomping casual players in random BGs does.
    what?!?! first off bgs will still have downranking of ilvl, furthermore every season is the same thing, the new conquest gear is better then the old, so not sure how that ruins the game for casual bg'rs
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    what?!?! first off bgs will still have downranking of ilvl, furthermore every season is the same thing, the new conquest gear is better then the old, so not sure how that ruins the game for casual bg'rs
    How about reading the post I replied to instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    How about reading the post I replied to instead?
    still really wouldn't ruin casual play with new lvl of pvp gear.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    I seriously hope the new pvp set is 550-553, so it's not useless outside arenas.
    PvP gear SHOULD be useless outside PvP. (Just like PvE gear should be useless outside PvE).
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    still really wouldn't ruin casual play with new lvl of pvp gear.
    Where did I say it would? What else are you going to try to read into my post?

I remember old school (vanilla) pvp gear had a lot of stamina on it. You could use raid gear and be a glass cannon or pvp gear and have more survivability.

Now, the higher item level pve gear grants a lot of hp. With the baseline resilience its over the top. It would be nice if blizzard would tweek the numbers to even things out instead of having one side dominate.