Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Wat. You aren't serious right?
    Ignore him, literally every response to anything in the Monk forum in the past 2 weeks has been pure trolling. Best not to let him continue to derail threads with ridiculous statements like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Ignore him, literally every response to anything in the Monk forum in the past 2 weeks has been pure trolling. Best not to let him continue to derail threads with ridiculous statements like that.
    Um, no. You're a stalker that is obsessed with harassing people you don't agree with and you derail threads in the process. If you've got a disagreement with what someone's said, debate the issue instead of acting childish and blowing a whistle. Revival heals like a beast, and unlike tranq you don't have to worry about dps and tanks dying in between ticks, which happens all the time when tranq is used at low hp levels.

You've made some awful unfounded and troll-like statements about BrMs in another thread, maybe I should report all those posts, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Revival is the best healing CD in the history of this game. People bring at least one monk to 25 mans for this reason
    I can't fully agree with that in its current state. The issue that makes your opinion have merit is the enormous 100 yard range of the spell (friggin Immersius, oh my god) but it heals for less than my Chi Burst now and sort of works like a full-raid (critical) uplift you can use once every 3 minutes. It's amazing when everyone's going to die but otherwise just kind of odd.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Revival hits like a wet nooble. Go back to it's prenerf state and I would have agreed with you but it's not. The only thing it has going for it is....nothing really. 100 yard range is nice, instant cast is nice too, but that's about it.
    The thing about tranq is you can precast it so you don't have to worry about people dipping that low and dying between tranqs. If you wait for them to get to that point then you're just not playing very well (ie you're bad). Revival is only one tick so you can't precast it like that. Not only that but it's only a heal, no absorb mechanic integrated with it (and if they did integrate some sort of shield I would be ok with it's lackluster healing. But that's not the case).
    Reviavl either needs to go back to what it was prenerf or needs to be reworked. Tbh, I would prefer a rework. It's not a fun spell, there's no planning involved and it's entirely reactionary and doesn't hit very hard.

I hope you aren't talking about precasting revival like tranq because the spells work differently.

Clearly not. Try reading, because that's not what I said at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    Clearly not. Try reading, because that's not what I said at all.
    But you are making direct comparisons when such is not appropriate. That's why I suspect you aren't using revival properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop arguing and derailing the thread, please

I'd rather see fistweaving be viable for a decent amount of AE to be honest.
    I agree. Once AoE starts going out, FWing looks like a pile of poop for HPS. If they just increase its power, then it becomes overpowered for single-target.

I'd really like to see blizz do something like SM style being single target focussed with AE capability and FW being AE focussed with single target capability.
    They won't ever do this, going by the impression they've given us. Last we heard, they don't want to require MW to be in melee to do optimal HPS, ever.

Personally I'd love to see less dependence on pressing ReM every 8 seconds in general. I can't help but shake the feeling that I'll never want to go into Crane Stance if missing one ReM affects total healing as much as it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I agree. Once AoE starts going out, FWing looks like a pile of poop for HPS. If they just increase its power, then it becomes overpowered for single-target.
    I wasn't around for 5.2 so I missed a bit of the Mistweaver changes being discussed when they were... ya know, changes. When you Blackout Kick a mob and hit four others (five total, correct?) does that release five Eminence "shots" or does it consolidate them into a single one?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Personally I'd love to see less dependence on pressing ReM every 8 seconds in general. I can't help but shake the feeling that I'll never want to go into Crane Stance if missing one ReM affects total healing as much as it does now.
    Who said we won't be able to use ReM in Crane Stance?

Personally, I'm afraid I'll never want to go into Crane Stance for other reasons. 1 GCD to switch, 2 total, too much? I think a GCD to switch back into healing stance may make it more prohibitive than they think it will. I still don't even understand what all the fuss is about when they talk about it being "too easy to switch modes" or being able to "cherrypick."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I wasn't around for 5.2 so I missed a bit of the Mistweaver changes being discussed when they were... ya know, changes. When you Blackout Kick a mob and hit four others (five total, correct?) does that release five Eminence "shots" or does it consolidate them into a single one?
    It generates a whole bunch of Eminence procs that all smart-heal the same lowest-in-range person, so effectively one big heal.

It generates a whole bunch of Eminence procs that all smart-heal the same lowest-in-range person, so effectively one big heal.
    It would seem that if they put Eminence back at 50/50 and put a few milliseconds of delay between eminence shots, Blackout Kick would be phenomenally useful for trash heavy fights. The only other thing is maybe a noticible boost for SCK while in Crane Stance rather than Serpent Stance since Crane (hopefully) won't have access to Renewing Mist and thus can't Uplift, either.
    [What's half of minor?]

Crane (hopefully) won't have access to Renewing Mist
    Why do you want that? That sounds limiting for the reason total just said

Why do you want that? That sounds limiting for the reason total just said
    Because it's the "fistweaving only" stance. Why would I want it to have the Mistweaver's primary HoT? That's like having them redesigning the cat-form passive for Resto to give atonement/eminence but then letting it keep in-cat access to rejuvenate and genesis.
    [What's half of minor?]

Because it's the "fistweaving only" stance. Why would I want it to have the Mistweaver's primary HoT? That's like having them redesigning the cat-form passive for Resto to give atonement/eminence but then letting it keep in-cat access to rejuvenate and genesis.
    It's nothing like that at all. Mistweaver ramp-up time from zero is way higher than Resto Druid's. If ReM falls off during Crane and Uplift is still tied to ReM in WoD, then you can't go Crane if there will be any moderate or heavier aoe damage in the next 9-10 seconds. That's much more than the intended 1-GCD cost.

They won't ever do this, going by the impression they've given us. Last we heard, they don't want to require MW to be in melee to do optimal HPS, ever.
    Right now I feel that fistweaving is only good for one thing, and that's meeting tight dps checks in 10 man where having that added damage is really going to make or break the phase/fight. Outside of that it's garbage sadly, and it's the playstyle that I ultimately fell in love with during T14.

I remember raid testing during the PTR for T15. That's when they made the fistweaving changes. Back in the PTR everything was perfectly fine. This thread basically sums up what happened (the thread referred to in the one I linked has been deleted since but I have the quote here)

"GC made a post on 1/23/2013 (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...75?page=45#884) which states:
    "Monk
    - We have made several Mistweaver changes to make Fistweaving more viable. As with Discipline, our goal isn't to make a hybrid healer / damage-dealer (at the same time), but to have a different healing style that can contribute some additional DPS. There are several changes here, but overall we increased damage and decreased Eminence healing to compensate for the damage increase. Overall, both damage and healing should go up relative to live. By linking the damage boost of Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick to Jab, we're asking for some short-term commitment to Fistweaving and not just mixing in parts of Fistweaving with more traditional Mistweaving.""

(source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7909481293)

In the PTR I feel that we were doing too much damage (was doing about 300k sustained DPS in a 10 man.....I was beating main raiders. lol.) but the healing was totally fine. I felt that it was still viable. BUT, the day the patch went live they threw in some nerfs that completely butchered fistweaving entirely, and they didn't add it to the patch notes. Just one of those stealth nerfs.
    They basically said (at least this is how I perceived it) fuck your fistweaving. But I've also seen them say in other threads that they want fistweaving to be viable, but they're actions speak differently. To be honest, I don't think blizz knows what they want for mistweavers. I feel like we're ele shams, and by that I mean blizz never buffs us, they only nerf us when we're already performing subpar (up until recently, the ele buff in the hotfix has me stoked! but that's a different topic. lol)

I very rarely see blizzard saying ANYTHING about mistweavers and I very rarely ever see changes to us unless it's a nerf. (Revival, SCK, ReM, Fistweaving, etc). It's really frustrating, I love the playstyle of the class, I think it's very fun. But if I have to go another expansion of being a liability in my raid because I; a) am the worst healer and/or b) I have no raid utility AT ALL then I'm gonna have to hang the class up and play something more useful until they fix us. But I'll see what blizz does at the start of WOD hopefully theyll make some promising changes.

Yeah, regardless if you can actually use ReM in Crane Stance or not, eating 1 GCD out of 8 just for the sake of making sure you can heal 20 seconds down the line is a pretty awful design.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, regardless if you can actually use ReM in Crane Stance or not, eating 1 GCD out of 8 just for the sake of making sure you can heal 20 seconds down the line is a pretty awful design.
    I start spamming ReM with 1 second left on the CD on someone who is at 100% health just because I don't want the penalty of missing it the instant it is available. More GCDs lost. It's a terrible design.