Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    20-30%? try 2-3% that actively PvP, there is no pve because the story chapter is over and another season is given just so pvpers cant say ermaghurd 50 weeks season
    And you pulled that number out of where? Your ass?

A lot more people do arenas and RBGs even if at a semi casual level then you give them credit for.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dig out some old unused concept art, turn it into pvp tier - start the season. Money, that's why. It's cheap, and chances are it will retain at least some players for a little longer - personally, considering how unexpected this move is, I think they are not liking the figures they are seeing atm. It's called first aid, attempt at containing the bleeding somewhat.

I too think we need some new pve content to bridge the gap.
    WoD is coming out later than Blizzard expected, at least that is what I think. Together with pvp, the pve-players also need some content to fill the gap.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    As others have said, it takes no effort. The prideful gear is already in files. Many pvp players are happy about this, so why not do it? As they said about why no 5.5, adding anything would take an equal amount of time away from WoD. So they won't. They don't have to add anything for this new season.
    content patch are free though, and expansion are not. If the content patch delay the expansion by the same amount of time, if benefit the consumer. i understand why blizzard prefer make expansion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    content patch are free though, and expansion are not. If the content patch delay the expansion by the same amount of time, if benefit the consumer. i understand why blizzard prefer make expansion though.
    While you are right, take the following also into consideration:
    If not making an extra content patch (free) will make 1000's of players to take a break untill wod releases, it will mean a huge financial loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Forgive my ignorance on this one, but I've never been big into PVP. I've dabbled in the occasional BG or arena, but never anything serious. I honestly don't know what the different "seasons" mean apart from what I'm guessing is the PVP equivalent of a new Raid Tier in PVE.

With that said, why would there be another season added?

I've always been under the impression that, while PVP is very popular, PVE kind of took the trophy as far as the majority rule since Cata.

So... If WoD is going to be "delayed" (as in, not coming out as soon as we thought), why would we add a new season instead of a new raid? Wouldn't a new raid hold onto players a bit more than a new season of PVP?

I'm probably wrong, but I guess I've always had the idea that (made up numbers based on my experience) only about 20-30% of players actively take part in any sort of real PVP. And by "real PVP" I mean actually go out of their way to do it, rather than those like me who just do it randomly for lulz.

I just don't really see it as a good way to hold onto a lot of players if the xpac is going to be "delayed". At least not a better way than putting out a new raid.

Or maybe they're expecting a new season to keep PVP'rs occupied while the PVE'rs play Beta?

Anyway, just curious if there was something behind this that I was missing. Just seems like if the expansion were coming out later than they made it seem that they would do something besides a new PVP season to keep players interested.

Thanks in advance for any info.
    Because yet again they will release Diablo as a "wow-filler".
    Im sure its gonna be utter dogshit like d3 and MoP was.

../..

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    While you are right, take the following also into consideration:
    If not making an extra content patch (free) will make 1000's of players to take a break untill wod releases, it will mean a huge financial loss.
    i guess it's a balance to strike.

one side of the balance, there is no interest for blizzard to produce content patch, since there are free. They could focus their ressources into something they can actually sell.

on the other side, if they don't produce enough content, people will unsub thus loosing money.

There must be some analytics, diagrams, equations to simulate their income depending on release schedule and some big head in blizzard decide it is not profitable to make a 5.5. People are not always right, even at blizzard. Blizzard can make mistake and underestimate the unsub numbers due to lack of content.

I'm neither pro or anti blizzard, just saying how it is.

Can people please stop saying WoD has been delayed?!?! They don't even have a release date. And there has been a season 15 achievement in the achievement log for quite a while. It was kinda expected to get that new pvp season before WoD. Because why would they make that achievement and put it in between the others if they didn't want it in MoP?

I've always been under the impression that, while PVP is very popular, PVE kind of took the trophy as far as the majority rule since Cata.

So... If WoD is going to be "delayed" (as in, not coming out as soon as we thought), why would we add a new season instead of a new raid? Wouldn't a new raid hold onto players a bit more than a new season of PVP?

I'm probably wrong, but I guess I've always had the idea that (made up numbers based on my experience) only about 20-30% of players actively take part in any sort of real PVP. And by "real PVP" I mean actually go out of their way to do it, rather than those like me who just do it randomly for lulz.
    You are more or less correct wrt the ratio of people who PVP - they've been saying things like 15-30% participate in PVP themselves before. The vast majority of that is people doing BGs / RBGs / arenas until they get reasonably geared (at the low end: honor with a conquest weapon, at the high-end: full conquest), then stopping, however, so if you want to count people who do PVP "for real", it's smaller than that - less than 5% for sure (there are good upper bounds to derive from rating scoreboards, all of them are much lower than 5% even).

Why arena season and nothing for PVE? It's too early to say that they will do nothing for PVE. Holinka said too much, that was an accident, it just happened. They might end up doing something for PVE as well. I guess the PVE guys are now super-angry with Holinka spoiling it - likely before they even decided on what exactly they are going to do prior to WoD.

How is it even possible that someone with 1900 posts can't understand how scripted events (pve) takes time and non-scripted events (pvp) doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkinfinity View Post
    Can people please stop saying WoD has been delayed?!?! They don't even have a release date. And there has been a season 15 achievement in the achievement log for quite a while. It was kinda expected to get that new pvp season before WoD. Because why would they make that achievement and put it in between the others if they didn't want it in MoP?
    They watched/attended blizzcon and followed blue tweets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Beacuse people are already bored with current content and with nothing at the horizon they'll start looking for other things to do. Thus that's why Blizzard decided to release artificial content (don't get me wrong, I mean no insult for pvpers, it's artificial because only part of the playerbase will participate in that).

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Beacuse people are already bored with current content and with nothing at the horizon they'll start looking for other things to do. Thus that's why Blizzard decided to release artificial content (don't get me wrong, I mean no insult for pvpers, it's artificial because only part of the playerbase will participate in that).
    People are bored because they powered through Timeless isle in a week and feel finished with Siege after LFR.

They have content. I don't really see anybody 14/14H complaining, it's those who don't step into the content they have since they blew through easy mode of it

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    WoD is not being delayed at all. If we were to get more PvE content then it would be delayed and that wouldn't solve anything.
    This PvP season requires no work from them at this moment in time because they already created all the items as a back up in 5.4.
    exactly this. it takes nothing for them to make another pvp season besides wiping ratings etc.

a raid, dungeon, new isle, quests etc take time and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    How is it even possible that someone with 1900 posts can't understand how scripted events (pve) takes time and non-scripted events (pvp) doesn't?
    It's the implication. The implication (whether valid or not) is taken from statements they've made. It's simply discussion, friend. You know, the reason forums are here

They stated that WOD will come sooner than we think, followed by a release of a 20-25 week pvp season, which implies that it will not actually come "sooner than we think." Now, it may very well come sooner than we think, and we're just reading too much into things. But it's also worth the discussion.

The question was not about whether or not it takes time to produce PVE content, but as to the desire to keep people interested during what may or may not be an extended patch while awaiting WoD. Given this, it seems more people would be interested in a PVE patch than a new season.

Simply a discussion

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

agreed. people seem to think that because they facrolled LFR their done with the teir. try raiding for real if you have the time/skill needed. if not then perhaps this is no longer the game for you. kinda makes we wish blizz didn't cave in and cater to these casual ass cry babys . . . wah we have nothing to do but have never even stepped foot in a normal/flex group. LFR ruined raiding. . .you let the casual see the content and they think their entitled to more after they do a couple runs. . . .look at the main page heroic progress for SoO and you'll see most people still have shit to clear. imho scrap LFR . . if you've no time to commit to a MMO then dont simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    agreed. people seem to think that because they facrolled LFR their done with the teir. try raiding for real if you have the time/skill needed. if not then perhaps this is no longer the game for you. kinda makes we wish blizz didn't cave in and cater to these casual ass cry babys . . . wah we have nothing to do but have never even stepped foot in a normal/flex group. LFR ruined raiding. . .you let the casual see the content and they think their entitled to more after they do a couple runs. . . .look at the main page heroic progress for SoO and you'll see most people still have shit to clear. imho scrap LFR . . if you've no time to commit to a MMO then dont simple as that.
    What does this have to do with the thread?

What does this have to do with the thread?
    People complaining there is nothing new who havent even finished Flex never mind Normal+ feel the content is stale and they are done with it since week 6 of 5.4 they facerolled through Garrosh.

No LFR? Most people would still be working on getting Flex 3 and 4 down rather than complaining about nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    People complaining there is nothing new who havent even finished Flex never mind Normal+ feel the content is stale and they are done with it since week 6 of 5.4 they facerolled through Garrosh.

No LFR? Most people would still be working on getting Flex 3 and 4 down rather than complaining about nothing to do.
    I didn't realize "getting Flex 3 and 4 down" was even a thing, as if it's considered challenging or something... /shrug

As far as my post, it was more of a question of "if we're adding content to keep people busy, why do it for such a small portion of the playerbase?"

This has of course been answered in various ways in the thread, all of which make sense.

Personally, I've just started looking for a guild since returning and will have H Garrosh down by WoD whether it comes sooner or later, so that's not a concern of my in any way. Was mainly just a discussion, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if you get no content for 12months you will be more excited when they finally do add content...too bad it's subscription based and having that as your montra won't go down too well with players, therefor adding something ie. a pvp season which takes minimal resources goes some way to bring players back on side while still not delaying the expansion...