Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Who doesn't know about warcraft logs yet?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/

This site is still in Alpha. Meaning that stuff quite possibly is still broken and is slowly getting fixed by its one developer.

Regardless of that fact, its looking VERY promising. Its looks great, gives you tons of options, and to boot is has an amazing "combat replay" feature that lets you see all your player's movemts (warning still in very early development, so its very mild/buggy), but you can jsut see how much potential this site has and don't even get me started on their new ranking system. You can rank guilds based on how well they did on a fight compared to other guilds, you can see just how much HPS you did as a tank vs other tanks of the same spec or tanks in general, or even how much DPS you did as a healer against other players. it has great concepts and ideas and I can only see good things for this site.

Now, I'm not telling you to completely abandon WoL. WoL is so established that i fear that if people were to just stop uploading to it, the rankings would get a lot less reliable becasue of the drop of samples. On top of this site is still not even in beta, which means the developer could just very well wipe everything becasue of a bug or some other issue. (He's already done it at least once before)

What I DO want to suggest, is give it a shot. Upload your logs to both websites and see the difference. It will help you see what you like better while helping them build their data base of rankings. I plan on uploading to both WoL and WCL for as long as they both are still relevant, becasue frankly these database sites thrive on having information.

Until there can be some way to merge rankings between the two sites, if you decide to upload to one and not the other, it just lowers the quality or ranks (more so if a mass of people just stop uploading to one or the other). Quite honestly, these ranks currently on there don't mean too much, they are just fun to see because there just isn't a large enough pool of guilds uploading to it.

My hopw with this post is for people to give it a chance and take a look at it. Upload their logs and see what they think and give feedback to make it even better.

We've been using this on and off to test it and when it goes live it will absolutely shit all over World of Logs. The functionality of Warcraftlogs is already like, 500x better than WoL.

It looks really nice. I like that damage from ability window that is right up front so you can immediately check if people are getting hit too much by something.

I have heard people talk about it but I don't think my guild has started uploading there yet. We will probably start doing both soon though because WoL has been a little messy lately. Weird short kills staying up and the last 3 bosses on heroic are still logged as normal. Not huge problems, especially if you only look at your own logs, but it doesn't feel like WoL has been as maintained as well as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamswow View Post
    It looks really nice. I like that damage from ability window that is right up front so you can immediately check if people are getting hit too much by something.

I have heard people talk about it but I don't think my guild has started uploading there yet. We will probably start doing both soon though because WoL has been a little messy lately. Weird short kills staying up and the last 3 bosses on heroic are still logged as normal. Not huge problems, especially if you only look at your own logs, but it doesn't feel like WoL has been as maintained as well as it should be.
    It isn't, and that is the major flaw. WoL has no competition and therefore there is 0 reason for them to keep their site working properly. They literally seem to be in a "WELL USE ANOTHER LOGGING SITE. OH WAIT. YOU CANT!" mentality. Imagine World of Logs as Tom Nook from Animal Crossing. It's basically the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quality always thrives on competition =D

Nice to see someone bring in some features that WoL doesnt have. The UI also seems a bit better organized in some areas, but then seems bloated in some areas due to the restructuring of how information was reorganized, though some of these areas look like work in progress as well. Ill definitely give this a look if I go back into raiding. Great job so far. It is nice having such a community filled with players who make such tools for players to use and benefit from.
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    It isn't, and that is the major flaw. WoL has no competition and therefore there is 0 reason for them to keep their site working properly. They literally seem to be in a "WELL USE ANOTHER LOGGING SITE. OH WAIT. YOU CANT!" mentality. Imagine World of Logs as Tom Nook from Animal Crossing. It's basically the same thing.
    Not sure if it was also due to laziness or to try and combat players just looking at things like top list, but the past two expansions the browsing is bad or I am just stuck in my old ways looking for the old buttons. I used to look up logs of other players including my realm to learn from as well as look at expected performance of each class and spec on a fight by fight bases.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-09 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    Im kind of concerned when it does get popular the server capacity will need to expand extremely. The amount of data coming in daily on WoL is quite huge for a website and the computing of logs should take some processing power as well. I hope the creators of this website are aware that things can quickly get out of control and I hope they are prepared to handle the massive amount of data increase they will get when the mass starts dropping WoL.

First time hearing about this, will show it to my guild.

With WoL being out for so long and the norm, they have a tough fight on their hands, but my first impression is good.

Deleted
    tried registering in order to get our guild logs up on warcraftlogs, but appearently their registering service is currently overloaded :<

Swapped to Warcraft Logs a week ago or so after being recommended it in a thread. Can honestly say it's been a fantastic tool in helping us determine how well our raid is handling specific mechanics and has helped us vastly improve as a result. The only thing it lacks right now are competitive rank tables, but that's only due to a lack of guilds currently using it.
    Would thoroughly recommend the website to anyone, it's different to WoL and takes a few raids to get used to, but the functionality alone blows WoL out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    tried registering in order to get our guild logs up on warcraftlogs, but appearently their registering service is currently overloaded :<
    Celestalon tweeted about Warcraftlogs yesterday. I imagine their traffic has gone up a lot since then.

Subscribing for reference when I get home. Thanks.

Has anyone already e-mailed the guy who runs Raidbots regarding possibly supporting Warcraftlogs ?

Also, while we're here -- what's gonna be the consensus on shorthand for Warcraftlogs ? WCL ??
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Also, while we're here -- what's gonna be the consensus on shorthand for Warcraftlogs ? WCL ??
    WCL.

source:

* http://forums.warcraftlogs.com/viewt...p?p=3533#p3533

I hope its better than World of Logs, I have no clue what I am looking at most of the time in WOL.

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    Yea his traffic went up hugely yesterday with all these threads, Celestalon tweeting about it and Ghostcrawler retweeting. Should be fixed soon.

Deleted
    Hm, can't even open their site. Must be crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar
    Hm, can't even open their site. Must be crowded.
    I just re-launched the site with upgraded hardware. It should be ok now. This huge spike kind of took us by surprise. We're at WoL levels of traffic already.

I've dabbled around in it, not exactly sure how to use it like I know how to with WoL's, but that'll just take some time to figure out where everything is.

But yes, looks beyond promising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
    I just re-launched the site with upgraded hardware. It should be ok now. This huge spike kind of took us by surprise. We're at WoL levels of traffic already.
    Yep, working now.