Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My guild has started using it. Apparently it's far better than WOL (i'm not sure how exactly).

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Is there a way to only get this to log boss fights?

It likes to log all our trash pulls as well.
    So does WoL, it just doesn't let you select certain trash pulls. Being able to select trash pulls is mainly for cutting edge content when maybe the log isn't quite up to date.

I have a problem with it.
    Not sure this is the right place to ask.

I can create the log (the event) but there is no data.
    Maybe I set up the wrong folder. But how can I know which folder I should use ?

Thank you in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a guide written on Icy-Veins by one of the moderators.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...hensive-guide/

Deleted
    Found out about this new log site yesterday and my god finally! WoL hs done such a shitty job these past years so it great that theres an option now to move away from it

"shitty" doesn't even begin to describe world of logs at this point

this thread reminds me of all the "X is going to kill WoW" threads. good luck with your new oh so great log site, ill sit back and watch as people continually cry about WoL and how just utterly awful it is while it remains as the top logging site.

combat replay view is probably one of the most unnecessary and overrated things they could have done

Quote Originally Posted by Part View Post
    combat replay view is probably one of the most unnecessary and overrated things they could have done
    Why is that? It already helped us greatly going back and seeing "oh this person was 5 yards too far back" or "this guy was ahead of the group" etc. We got a new tank this week; he went and looked at all of our fights in combatreplay to get a better idea of positioning which helped a lot.

The in game addon that did it was my best friend during Lei Shen and Ra-Den for intermission/vita. Log site doing it is great imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Part View Post
    It's good for seeing how specific players handle movement. For example I looked at a Juggernaut kill from a friend who was trying to do more DPS and I noticed he was moving around a lot for no reason which would have impacted his DPS, that is something you can't find out very easily through WoL.

It also helps for post-raid assessment, for example, seeing if people are moving correctly and are in the right positions for fights with very specific positioning requirements such as Siegecrafter, Garrosh or Thok HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    It's funny I saw people in trade chat eariler advertising 550+ dps lfg SoO

WoL ranked 264 or something like that.

I'm sitting here like, "This can't be real."

I messaged him and he was being dead serious.
    WoL ranks above 200 don't mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    WoL ranks don't mean much.
    Fixed that for you.

The moment the WarcraftLogs people put in an Expression Editor, World of Logs is going to be abandoned unless the WoL people suddenly decide to release a massive update.

As neat as WCL is, and as many great features it has that WoL can't even touch, being able to parse a specific subset of events from the logs is just too important to not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    The moment the WarcraftLogs people put in an Expression Editor, World of Logs is going to be abandoned unless the WoL people suddenly decide to release a massive update.

As neat as WCL is, and as many great features it has that WoL can't even touch, being able to parse a specific subset of events from the logs is just too important to not have.
    This is my BIGGEST peeve with warcraft logs.

Why not use both? It's easy to have a raider parsing for each. Gets the benefits from both of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Why not use both? It's easy to have a raider parsing for each. Gets the benefits from both of them!
    A single raider can log on both sides at the same time.

Anyways, the page will take over by the time WoD starts. WoL will survive the tier just because too many rankings are there, and at this point it's more or less the main use of logging the fights. By the time T17 starts, unless WoL wakes up, they might as well not bother to try. People should be a bit more grateful though, it was a great web and free (yeah, well, premium sub, but it's not like they denied any feature to free users. Some tools at peak hours, and the "you should be ashamed" extra ranks)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry

Warcraft Logs does have the Log Browser equivalent (and it has lots of features that can't be matched even by WoL's Expression Editor, such as filtering on buff presence or absence). Click "Add Pin" on the query bar to build up a query. Expression Pins aren't implemented and will be coming soon, but the Query Pins are very far along.

Once I have Query Pins finished, I plan to write a document that explains how they work, and then get to work on Expression Pins.

TLDR: WCL can do a lot more than people think it can in this area, but as with any super advanced power user feature, it really just needs a guide explaining it so that people can learn how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently the website has been crashing randomly on me. Was this because of last night when there was a bunch of people logging? Just servers getting a bit overburdened?

Also, I tried to make a pin to see how many stacks of acceleration thok got over the fight, but when i tired to turn the graph on it changed to undefined stuff... Maybe i was suppose to just pick a segment of the fight? I'm not sure.

from what i gather it still lacks a page with all bosses and all rankings at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65
    Recently the website has been crashing randomly on me. Was this because of last night when there was a bunch of people logging? Just servers getting a bit overburdened?
    I checked in a bad regression into the pins code, and it was responsible for the slowdown yesterday. It's been fixed. The servers are actually holding up great.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65
    Also, I tried to make a pin to see how many stacks of acceleration thok got over the fight, but when i tired to turn the graph on it changed to undefined stuff... Maybe i was suppose to just pick a segment of the fight? I'm not sure.
    I'm actively working on Pins right now, so things may break with them. If you have a specific bug with pins please report it along with the steps to reproduce. Warcraft Logs forums are the best place for that, as I check there the most often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    from what i gather it still lacks a page with all bosses and all rankings at the same time
    Guild, character and realm pages will be coming for rankings. For now I'm working on finishing up Pins and getting the Expression Editor done though.
    Last edited by Kihra; 2014-01-23 at 05:04 AM.

We had been looking at other sites to get away from WOL as well, trying even a Russian site (http://wowraider.net) that also did good work but I have to say that after using your new setup we are all super impressed.

Keep up the great work.

Aspire [H] Stormreaver