Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How much do healing spheres heal you in Brewmaster spec?

I have a dk main and tanking is so easy its actually kinda boring sometimes with the shield. I really like active mitigation on warrior and druid with shield block/savage defense, but I find myself struggling to stay alive with not very many self heals. If you have a shitty healer(s) in a five man or raid, are the healing spheres at 90 with brewmaster even worth it? Do they do anything or is it more like pally heals where its not very much overall. Thinking about rolling a new tank, but never played a monk or even messed with one on the ptr.

Thursday night, I was getting an average of 55,091 for regular and 88,042 for crits against siegecrafter 25H. But you usually get 2+ orbs proc'd at once when you step over them if you're low enough.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2014-01-08 at 10:26 PM.

Mine heal me for about 190k crits with vengeance. about 70k without vengeance. My ilvl is only about 550 so I am sure others will be higher. Monks also have chi wave, expel harm and their shield (the shield increase healing by 30%)

Remember there's a difference between healing spheres and gift of the ox orbs - both scale very well with vengeance but if you are using actual healing spheres you're probably getting pretty desperate.

Brewmasters are strong for self-healing and if played right can do a fair bit of dependable raid healing with chi burst and chi torpedo talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    Remember there's a difference between healing spheres and gift of the ox orbs
    LOL, I assumed he meant GotO orbs and not the actual healing spheres that cost 40 energy and cap at 3.

I know what you mean but it's his mention of a shitty healer and pally heals that makes me wonder if his intention is to off-heal with healing spheres or if he just means outright self-healing survivability.

15+ Year Old Account
    GotO orbs aren't our only source of self-healing - we also roll with Guard (30sec base CD, absorb shield - better than a heal), Expel Harm (15sec CD, generates Chi, heals for a couple hundred thousand with your Vengeance up) and the lvl 30 talents (Chi Burst, Chi Wave and Zen Sphere - active skills that do quite a fair chunk of healing).

In addition, whenever we get low on HP, Expel Harm immediately resets its cooldown.

I usually end up with something like 35k HPS at the end of a fight.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Healing spheres themselves are pretty strong. 200k easy even without much vengence. THis said, the ONLY time I can think of using them is on H:Sha of Pride when someone gets imprisoned + has mark of arrogance on them, drop a couple in there as I position to unlock, It's only a gcd or so but helps stabalise. I can't really think of any other time I would have used them, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djones0823 View Post
    Healing spheres themselves are pretty strong. 200k easy even without much vengeance.
    I see similar numbers to this and I think I've had much larger crits. I use them a lot during big raid aoe phases like waiting for the shock pulse on Iron Juggernaut hc.

I do sometimes have trouble absorbing the GotOX orbs though. Is there a limit to how many you can take over a given time period?

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    LOL, I assumed he meant GotO orbs and not the actual healing spheres that cost 40 energy and cap at 3.
    What, you don't lay those out before the pull?

10+ Year Old Account
    i like to lay down a couple healing spheres on my co-tank as soon as he pulls off me and i have to stop attacking whatever it was i was attacking... its better than standing there there with my thumb up my ass...

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i like to lay down a couple healing spheres on my co-tank as soon as he pulls off me and i have to stop attacking whatever it was i was attacking... its better than standing there there with my thumb up my ass...
    I don't have that issue, as our other tanks generally know how to properly do a tank swap. I still don't understand, other than the simple fact of people being terrible at it, how people fail so hard at tank swapping at this point. When you taunt you have 3 seconds of 200% threat increase. If your off tank isn't properly preparing for a TELEGRAPHED taunt, cause really every single taunt in T16 is a point where you KNOW you have to taunt, he's going to do terrible threat and you're going to pull.

He should be saving his highest threat abilities for that 3 second window, monks would hit KS and BoK*2 in that window to jump their threat up. There should never be a point where you need to stop doing anything to the boss when someone taunts.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=761&e=1231

There is my healing from this week's Immerseus kill, not my best, but I can usually solo heal 2 to 3 contaminated puddles in one split while killing the black puddles in my quadrant.

Deleted
    GotO orbs are not that heavy, but they stack in great number and quite fast when you hit more than one target. Healing spheres are very useful as soon as you move out of melee as they are the only energy sink we have besides Jade lightning. Lots of fights where you can place orbs to heal yourself or others in transitions etc (Lei shen i used them a lot, same on Juggernaught/immerseus/galakras hc etc. Can also place transcendance under 3 orbs and have a teleport+heal+clash aoe stun ready.

Brms rock selfhealing imo. DKs have more actual healing including their blood shields and paladins have a bit more direct healing. But imo, as far as soloing and staying alive on your own Brms are really top notch. Glyph of guard gives a passive 30% increase to healing during offtank phases/bomb phases or pure/high physical dmg fights.

I've seen expel harms critting 500k+ on high vengeance, Chi wave ticks several times for well over 100k. Healing spheres, although energy inefficient in the long run can be excellent selfheals during movement phases. Heroic juggernaught transitions and bomb jumps Brms are better than any other class, like someone mentioned above on Heroic immerseus you can often cleave down 2-4 black slimes while also healing 1-2 slimes if you play your cards right with stuns and healing spheres.

I loooove the Warrior class, art, sets and general skill setup. But I can't bring myself to play my alt warrior because of how badly it lacks selfheals compared to my monk. Reroll if you want, but i warn you, there is no going back from a Brm really

Quote Originally Posted by Boltzman View Post
    I do sometimes have trouble absorbing the GotOX orbs though. Is there a limit to how many you can take over a given time period?
    I think the most common issue is if you hp fluxes quickly, won't soak on max hp. Then if you get hit you have to actively move in/out of them or wait for 1-2 sec of arming time. Let's say, if you drop low, get healed as you move over them then drop again the absorb is delayed since you were at full hp when moving into them. Then it seems to wait and check again after a second or so, much like a newly placed hunter trap. If usually just strafe 3-4y left and right all the time, looks retarded but helps mitigate stagger and constant dmg flows (unless im waiting for something specific to hit me, like a nazgrim execute or something).

- - - Updated - - -

He should be saving his highest threat abilities for that 3 second window, monks would hit KS and BoK*2 in that window to jump their threat up. There should never be a point where you need to stop doing anything to the boss when someone taunts.
    Slightly OT but still reroll-monk relevant info. I still have major threat issues on some bosses on pulls and after taunts. On all pulls where my co-tank (DK, 567 SoO 2h) starts i generally have to go in with Jab, Jab, TP, Jab, Jab, BoK before even thinking about a KS or i'll pull right off with pre-pot and agi trinkets up. After taunts, say on Thok, where i start tanking and drop Xuen+ some heavy burst, even after the taunt (his vengeance+threat levels with mine thanks to the new taunt effects) i still have to hold back with KS and BoKs or i pull in 2-3 seconds.

We haven't really talked it over but at least i pushed a DPS cloak on him for farm-fights. I have the luxury of a 580 2h so i can't really throw all blame on him either, and Agility tanks generally suffer from this as Str tanks just doesn't have the amount of Crit we do even with riposte, was the same tanking with my Bear in Firelands/Dragonsoul, crit goes up and threat becomes a living hell.

But still, I agree that TPS really shouldn't be an issue these days. I miss the roll glyph!
    Last edited by mmoc1b385c8656; 2014-01-10 at 07:27 PM.

oooh, desperate measures 300-400k crits. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have that issue, as our other tanks generally know how to properly do a tank swap. I still don't understand, other than the simple fact of people being terrible at it, how people fail so hard at tank swapping at this point. When you taunt you have 3 seconds of 200% threat increase. If your off tank isn't properly preparing for a TELEGRAPHED taunt, cause really every single taunt in T16 is a point where you KNOW you have to taunt, he's going to do terrible threat and you're going to pull.

I routinely pull Garrosh and Paragons of my pally co-tank with just cleave aggro when I am tanking adds or the other Paragons...

Deleted
    All I can say is take Glyph of Enduring Healing Spheres and your Gift of the Ox Spheres after a while will just be a Lay On Hands ready to be walked into

Quote Originally Posted by Draugarth View Post
    All I can say is take Glyph of Enduring Healing Spheres and your Gift of the Ox Spheres after a while will just be a Lay On Hands ready to be walked into
    I'm working on my soloing at the moment (Stuck at 545ilvl due to work lining up with my raid schedule and just losing interest) and discovering GoEHS has been one of the most insane upgrades to my survivability on my any boss. (Particularly those with a lot of adds to leave clusters of them in one place or another.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

15+ Year Old Account

Taunts transfer a percentage of the other tank's Vengeance, not the whole thing. The original tank WILL have higher Vengeance for a good part of the 5-6 seconds following a tank swap. And Keg Smash hits really, really, REALLY hard - I'm pretty sure it's a bigger damage nuke than anything else other tanks are packing.

Even if the other tank is managing a swap properly, if the monk lands a solid string of crits including a KS and one or two BoKs right after a swap then yeah - you'll run into aggro issues at points.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

People are using glyph of guard during high physical fights? I thought this was theory crafted to be subpar way early on in the expansion.