Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use achievement points to unlock perks -> for example 1k achievement points unlocks a class at lvl 90.

When you create a lvl 90 character, it puts you in a solo dungeon (scenario) that teaches you the basics of the 3 specs. This should take a while to get through.

At the end you choose 2 specs and get appropriate green leveling gear for them.

Other perks can include race/class combination unlocks (250-500 points?), automatic mount skill unlocks on new characters.

Some of these should require achievements. (for example mount skill unlock requires that mount skill on a certain character)

Since this would require players to get more achievement points, make dailies, dungeons, raids give achievement points (GW2 style)
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

just.. no.... I understand some people hate leveling, and its a pain sometimes... but I love going through the zones and doing quests to gain exp and lvl up. not just get served a 90

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not continue this path.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-01-10 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    If someone has a dumb idea and refuses to accept its a dumb idea theres not really a lot that can be said. Also based on the way you behave in your threads its obvious the only discussion that you consider 'pleasant' is discussion where people agree with you.

I honestly don't give a shit if Blizzard gives everyone free level 100s like a crappy private server. The levelling experience was already so watered down last time I played that it barely matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I will not continue this path.
    Let your hate flow through you.
    Last edited by mmoc4e765b20d3; 2014-01-10 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I dont really want people to be 90 with even less idea of how to play their class than most already lack.

It would screw up queue times for those who do want to level as well.

If you want a class level it up. This game is still partly RPG, do your character progression like everybody else.
    #1 Leveling doesn't teach you anything about your class because play style is 100% different from leveling to doing raids/heroics

#2 No it really isn't partly RPG anymore they killed that around Crapaclysm
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    #1 Leveling doesn't teach you anything about your class because play style is 100% different from leveling to doing raids/heroics

#2 No it really isn't partly RPG anymore they killed that around Crapaclysm
    I very much think you learn more about your class leveling... than ... not leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I very much think you learn more about your class leveling... than ... not leveling.
    I would challenge that notion with people who use RaF or SoR to create a new class and just stand in the city twinkling every few seconds. I'd venture to say there are likely many SoR or RaF raiders who play very well, just as there are standard 1-90 levelers who cannot raid to save their own life.

Deleted
    Also something you haven't considered. Not having levelling would make the game incomprehensible to new players. People who had never played any more would start at level 100, have no idea whats going on, and would give up after 10 minutes. And yes I know that they could level if they want, but people are stupid. They'll see the option to skip levelling, take it because it sounds more fun, and then get bored when they don't know what to do.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    All New Characters Could Start At 90.
    What an awful and idiotic idea.

There's nothing else to even say to that. There should be no automatic 90's. None whatsoever.

Fyi they our already planing not thinking and it will happen period to let people boost but not free for a fee regardless if you get that free boost to 90 with Warlord of draenor that everybody is getting on top i said it here!
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2014-01-10 at 03:38 PM.

I would challenge that notion with people who use RaF or SoR to create a new class and just stand in the city twinkling every few seconds. I'd venture to say there are likely many SoR or RaF raiders who play very well, just as there are standard 1-90 levelers who cannot raid to save their own life.
    That MIGHT be a good point if you could give numbers for how many people even use those features. I would warrant that the majority of people who do that are already serious players, who want more alts. But Raf and Sor existing isn't a good reason for Blizzard to just give every free 90's anytime they want. There is a huge difference between a limited amount of people using a feature, and EVERYONE doing it. While I have seen plenty of Raf/SoR noobs, that number would only increase tenfold if everyone were given all free 90s.

New Players: Slowly learn about everything involved in the game via leveling.
    Old Players: Learning focuses on class and class utility.

No, I don't think you will master your class via leveling. But you sure CAN learn a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mod-note & Padlock:

I have decided to put a lock on this thread. It has become a quite volatile subject between strong opinions and personal views, many open lashes towards people. Though, will like to add this one thing, it is in the end all once own opinions - there has never been a need of huge reactions.

Hope you have a nice morning, day, afternoon, evening and goodnight - hope I hit all timezones!

- Gehco
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..