Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Waiting for WoD (..To be scrapped completely)
    Hold on, hold on... XP requirements have been nerfed to Hell and back, leveling is ridiculously easy today, it's nearly impossible to die while leveling, we also have nearly full sets of heirloom gear ON TOP OF the Welfare 90s that we're already getting in WoD and yet you still are asking for all new characters to start at 90?

How lazy are you? Please tell me this doesn't carry over to your real life as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Clever. 7 90s shows I am not lazy. 7 years of playing and a Loremaster title shows I am not lazy. Making 5k gold a day shows I am not lazy. But, if I have friends who start playing on another realm, I would rather jump in at 90 and start playing with them. Think before speaking.
    7 90s shows that you own a brain, nothing more. It isn't hard to level, nor is it time consuming, it's nothing to be proud of.

7 years of playing also really doesn't mean a whole lot. In fact, I'm not impressed at all. Playing for X amount of time doesn't determine whether or not you're a lazy scumbag (You are, by the way.) and 7 years under your belt really isn't helping your case, if you haven't been playing since launch, there's really nothing to brag about.

Loremaster title also REALLY does not have ANYTHING to do with whether or not you're lazy (Again you are incredibly lazy.) really it just shows your patient, patience is not the opposite of lazy, however. Powering through low level quests (Most of which are Kill X Y's, collect Z A's, Talk to B..) isn't incredibly difficult.

And just like all of your other points, making 5k gold a day, really doesn't show whether or not you're lazy. All that it tells me is that A.) You have time to farm (Which I'm assuming you do, since you obviously don't raid or PvP.) or B.) You can sell Overpriced Transmog gear to Idiots. I'm impressed by neither.

with minimal effort.
    This line really gets me, you and your line of thinking is literally cancerous to the gaming community. I will admit, however, that despite my feelings on WoW's direction, I am extraordinarily happy that you are nowhere close to a position of power, I can't even stand the thought of a mental abortion like this being implemented into WoW.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2014-01-10 at 06:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_b View Post
    This thread needs to be closed. Seriously. There's already a 40+ page thread about this, and the yes votes lost. Stop trying to argue with it. As has already been explained, you can technically already do this by buying multiple copies of WoD. If you're that lazy and you don't like to play an RPG any longer, either fork over the extra cash or stop playing.

Your side lost, people don't like the idea of paid 90s, get over it. No matter how many times people tell you how much of a bad idea it is, you come up with excuses and call them idiots. Then you get frustrated when people break down your ideas and explain why it's a bad idea, and you flame them for it, even claiming that you're "defending yourself" when you get some of the same treatment. No point in discussing this any longer if you refuse to accept: 1. Your idea has been proven to be the minority and is considered lazy. 2. There are already workarounds that make this discussion worthless.
    As I said, I'm pretty sure Superman is a troll. He regularly makes the exact same threads, calls people who disagree with him elitists and idiots, gets upset when people disagree with him and claim they're being mean to him, and ignores all the people explaining why his ideas are terrible with the same line, "I just want there to be more choice guys!".

Also, the fact he's constantly reminding us he's definitely an adult with loads of super cereal obligations without anyone asking makes me think he's probably about 13.

No one is stopping them from leveling. The dungeon queues would pick up since more people would prefer my suggestion. People who get SoR get a free 90, who have not played in 2 years, and are not shunned for being bad as an instant 90. Fact is, even once we get our free 90s in WoD, it will not be this crisis collection of bad players which everyone seems to think. I think the main reason people hate the idea is simply because they WANT to quest or dungeon for 90 levels and they will be left all alone and eventually cave to peer pressure to get an instant 90. It's not that the idea is bad, it is that their willpower is almost nil.
    No, dungeon queues would slow down.

People who SoR have already played.

People hate this idea because it is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

It's ok. I get it. Some folks just don't want others to have alternatives.
    People don't want bad alternatives in the game that would negatively effect them, you're right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_b View Post
    This thread needs to be closed. Seriously. There's already a 40+ page thread about this, and the yes votes lost. Stop trying to argue with it. As has already been explained, you can technically already do this by buying multiple copies of WoD. If you're that lazy and you don't like to play an RPG any longer, either fork over the extra cash or stop playing.

Your side lost, people don't like the idea of paid 90s, get over it. No matter how many times people tell you how much of a bad idea it is, you come up with excuses and call them idiots. Then you get frustrated when people break down your ideas and explain why it's a bad idea, and you flame them for it, even claiming that you're "defending yourself" when you get some of the same treatment. No point in discussing this any longer if you refuse to accept: 1. Your idea has been proven to be the minority and is considered lazy. 2. There are already workarounds that make this discussion worthless.
    This is literally ALWAYS how the OP acts in his own threads. I think this is the third post by him that I've seen where I have seen this same behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

Use achievement points to unlock perks -> for example 1k achievement points unlocks a class at lvl 90.

When you create a lvl 90 character, it puts you in a solo dungeon (scenario) that teaches you the basics of the 3 specs. This should take a while to get through.

At the end you choose 2 specs and get appropriate green leveling gear for them.

Other perks can include race/class combination unlocks (250-500 points?), automatic mount skill unlocks on new characters.

Some of these should require achievements. (for example mount skill unlock requires that mount skill on a certain character)

Since this would require players to get more achievement points, make dailies, dungeons, raids give achievement points (GW2 style)
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

just.. no.... I understand some people hate leveling, and its a pain sometimes... but I love going through the zones and doing quests to gain exp and lvl up. not just get served a 90

Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    I will not continue this path.
    Last edited by Superman-BladesEdge; 2014-01-10 at 02:30 PM.

If someone has a dumb idea and refuses to accept its a dumb idea theres not really a lot that can be said. Also based on the way you behave in your threads its obvious the only discussion that you consider 'pleasant' is discussion where people agree with you.

I honestly don't give a shit if Blizzard gives everyone free level 100s like a crappy private server. The levelling experience was already so watered down last time I played that it barely matters.

I will not continue this path.
    Let your hate flow through you.
    Last edited by ribald; 2014-01-10 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I dont really want people to be 90 with even less idea of how to play their class than most already lack.

It would screw up queue times for those who do want to level as well.

If you want a class level it up. This game is still partly RPG, do your character progression like everybody else.
    #1 Leveling doesn't teach you anything about your class because play style is 100% different from leveling to doing raids/heroics

#2 No it really isn't partly RPG anymore they killed that around Crapaclysm
    I'm in control, I am your pain...
    After this you won't be the same...
    This is my time, I make the rules.
    YOU MESS WITH THIS AND YOU DIE LIKE A FOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    #1 Leveling doesn't teach you anything about your class because play style is 100% different from leveling to doing raids/heroics

#2 No it really isn't partly RPG anymore they killed that around Crapaclysm
    I very much think you learn more about your class leveling... than ... not leveling.

Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I very much think you learn more about your class leveling... than ... not leveling.
    I would challenge that notion with people who use RaF or SoR to create a new class and just stand in the city twinkling every few seconds. I'd venture to say there are likely many SoR or RaF raiders who play very well, just as there are standard 1-90 levelers who cannot raid to save their own life.

Also something you haven't considered. Not having levelling would make the game incomprehensible to new players. People who had never played any more would start at level 100, have no idea whats going on, and would give up after 10 minutes. And yes I know that they could level if they want, but people are stupid. They'll see the option to skip levelling, take it because it sounds more fun, and then get bored when they don't know what to do.

Stood in the Fire
    All New Characters Could Start At 90.
    What an awful and idiotic idea.

There's nothing else to even say to that. There should be no automatic 90's. None whatsoever.

Fyi they our already planing not thinking and it will happen period to let people boost but not free for a fee regardless if you get that free boost to 90 with Warlord of draenor that everybody is getting on top i said it here!
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2014-01-10 at 03:38 PM.

I would challenge that notion with people who use RaF or SoR to create a new class and just stand in the city twinkling every few seconds. I'd venture to say there are likely many SoR or RaF raiders who play very well, just as there are standard 1-90 levelers who cannot raid to save their own life.
    That MIGHT be a good point if you could give numbers for how many people even use those features. I would warrant that the majority of people who do that are already serious players, who want more alts. But Raf and Sor existing isn't a good reason for Blizzard to just give every free 90's anytime they want. There is a huge difference between a limited amount of people using a feature, and EVERYONE doing it. While I have seen plenty of Raf/SoR noobs, that number would only increase tenfold if everyone were given all free 90s.

New Players: Slowly learn about everything involved in the game via leveling.
    Old Players: Learning focuses on class and class utility.

No, I don't think you will master your class via leveling. But you sure CAN learn a lot.

Mod-note & Padlock:

I have decided to put a lock on this thread. It has become a quite volatile subject between strong opinions and personal views, many open lashes towards people. Though, will like to add this one thing, it is in the end all once own opinions - there has never been a need of huge reactions.

Hope you have a nice morning, day, afternoon, evening and goodnight - hope I hit all timezones!

- Gehco
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!