Deleted

Prot Warrior H Nazgrim

Hello everyone,
    i have a quick question regarding the execute ability, i play a brewmaster monk and i never had any problems surviving the execute but my Prot warr co tank died quite a few times to it to a point where he would just simply get One Shot by it.
    Im not that experienced in playing other tank classes so im wondering if this is a common problem for Prot Warriors or if he is just doing something wrong.

thanks in advanche

its simple. use Shieldbarrier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubadix View Post
    its simple. use Shieldbarrier
    Well...I guess he already knows what Shieldbarrier is being 5/14 heroic right know. He still gets one shot by it unfortunately

Deleted
    You can easily barrier it which can fully absorb the damage when combined with disc priest shields
    He should be using shield block on CD as normal and then pooling rage just before an execute, ideally combining it with a Demo shout when hes in berzerker stance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlz View Post
    Well...I guess he already knows what Shieldbarrier is being 5/14 heroic right know. He still gets one shot by it unfortunately
    Do you have any logs?
    If he is using shield barrier he shouldn't be getting one shot at all

He can easily rotate cooldowns for executes, absolutely no reason to save them for something else.
    60 rage shield barrier ofc for every execute and then for 1st. Demoralizing Shout, 2nd. Shield Wall, 3rd Demoralizing Shout, 4th Last Stand, 5th Demoralizing Shout, 6th Shield Wall, 7th Demoralizing Shout etc.

My prot warrior doesn't even have the cooldown reduction trinket from malkorok, so I sometimes get executed even with nothing but Shield Barrier, but it usually brings me to around 30-40% then, which I can fix instantly with Enraged Regeneration.

If the prot warrior in question does not have tanking leg meta gem or is low geared, I can understand, but then you can use Hand of Sacrifice from paladins, Vigilance from other warriors, Ironbark from Rdruid etc to make it doable.

But the most important thing is to have 60 rage Shield Barrier for every execute. Many warriors do not use it enough, but with some vengeance it's easily 300-500k absorb shield (with no CD mind you), makes lot of things easy.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    I can give you some logs no problem. Unfortunately you probably wont understand a damn thing since its in german

Cant post links but you can look up a few good men on Antonidas EU it should be the latest log.

Just wanted to add, obviously this is not the only reason we are wiping, its just one of the issues that i wanted to take care of.
    Last edited by mmocb5ca2bac58; 2014-01-08 at 11:29 PM.

Deleted
    After looking at some of your logs, his problems mainly seem to be two things:
    1. He uses too few cooldowns especially for executes with 3 stacks (propoably + beerserker stance) and doesn't pool rage enough. Remind him to use a hard cd for the bigger ones and spend more attention to this timer to pool rage better
    2. and this is the main problem: the healing on him is just terrible! Almost all of his death were completely avoidable if he had been even remotely close to 100%. I don't know what the rest of the group is doing, but you really should work on this or you will have a lot of trouble later on in the instance since Nazgrim isn't exactly a hardhitter

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just make sure to have a 60 rage shield barrier as everyone said, if he's in berserker stance then you might want to pop stronger CDs (shieldwall, LS, demo). You can't get one shot if you do that but you do need to be sure you're topped up.
    Retired in WoD

Deleted
    I think the vengeance gains on that fight is bit odd, even with 60 rage i regularly see 200-250k barriers, which often reduce me down to 25-35% hp. Back to back barriers or ls+er combo solves it but this is in 572 gear xD

But generally i just make sure to use a cooldown+barrier with 2-3 stacks sunder armor on me.