Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Help get World of Logs off their ass

http://forums.worldoflogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6218

Not sure how many of you care about fight detection or utilize world of logs. It's a vital part of the raiding experience for me and hundreds (thousands?) of others. It seems to me though the only way to get through to the dev/devs over there is to generate traffic and posts to make it clear that they need to either fix the site or close up shop so people can go in mass to an alternative like warcraftlogs.com.

I like world of logs and would prefer to keep using it; however, if they simply don't care enough to add something as simple as heroic detection to the final three fights of SoO because they're too lazy to do so, then the site deserves to die off.

This is an attempt to try and get the dev/devs off their ass/asses and fix something that should have been done when the tier began.

If you want world of logs fixed, I encourage you to post on the top linked thread.

If tons of posts appearing all of a sudden doesn't get their attention or they simply refuse to act; then it's clear the site is done and it's time for the raiding community to move on to another alternative.

Thanks!

Last edited by Revanchism; 2014-01-08 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/

only thing it is lacking is expression editor which is being implemented soon, everything else you could need is there, including combat replay (heads down overview of where everyone is throughout the fight) and something to track powers (mana, focus, rage, holy power, embers etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rellane View Post
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/

only thing it is lacking is expression editor which is being implemented soon, everything else you could need is there, including combat replay (heads down overview of where everyone is throughout the fight) and something to track powers (mana, focus, rage, holy power, embers etc.)
    Warcraft Logs is an amazing alternative, my guild has stopped using WoL as well.

are the warcraftlogs.com something new? is it that logging site that I think guy(s) from Mr Robot were involved in?

I mention warcraft logs in the initial post. The point of this is to get WoL fixed. If it doesn't, then obviously warcraft logs is where things will be headed and we'll have to hope raidbots, etc, can adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    are the warcraftlogs.com something new? is it that logging site that I think guy(s) from Mr Robot were involved in?
    It's new and separate from the askmrrobot logging that they're making.

Also I doubt WoL will do anything - they've been ignoring requests for updates and fight detection for ages now, I doubt they check their site more than once a month.

Why bother getting WoL fixed? It's just going to break again later. Support a site where the devs seem actually interested in the game--migrate to WarcraftLogs now. WLogs already has much better analytic features, and the few things that WoL does better is vanishing rapidly.

Just abandon WoL and switch to WCL. WoL has been ignoring its users for years. No amount of posting will make them fix things.

I'm going to try WCL for a week or so, you guys have convinced me. WoL has really been slacking though I do love the expression editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    I'm going to try WCL for a week or so, you guys have convinced me. WoL has really been slacking though I do love the expression editor.
    That's coming to warcraft logs soon - remember it's still in beta! For now you can use pins though, which is essentially Log Browser but fancier (they can show on graphs etc).

Now we need to convince raidbots and wow-heroes to use warcraftlogs....

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    They will when everyone jumps ship from WoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I think that the API needs to be sorted first which is on the to do list, basically the site is in beta now with the intention of it going live in time for WoD. I really like it so far and encourage people to take a look, just remember it is still being developed so if there is a feature missing compared to WoL don't give up on the site as within a few weeks it will probably get added.

As for WoL I think it's done, there is no point putting pressure on the admins to fix something when we are likely to have the same issue every time a new raid is released. It would be interesting to find out why it hasn't been maintained I would have thought that the revenue from ads and premium subscriptions would have made it worth doing.
    Last edited by Migraine; 2014-01-09 at 09:10 AM.

Well since there is an alternative - just let it go in peace. There seemingly isn't enough money in it to keep the developers on a project they are no longer really invested in and they did it for quite a long time with very little if any profits I would guess and I don't think anything else could be an incentive to properly maintain the site in the future.

good maybe some of my fellow raiders gonna stop a bit fapping to meters to rank and focus more on executing mechanics and stop wasting time on stupid wipes on famr just because player A and B want to rank so screw mechanics ><

Warcraftlogs is superior in nearly every way except the most apparent: number of users. Then again, it is still in alpha so while part of me wants to think that WOL would get off their asses and update. There is simply too much unique functionality offered in WCL that will likely never happen to WOL. As nice as the fight detection updates sounds, not only does WCL have that innately for every boss now and the future due to utilizing a new combat log line, but it has tons other features that are already around such as position tracking and resource tracking.

This seems to be what happened to sites like WoW Meter Online and WoW Web Stats during Wrath: WOL phased them out due to superior functionality. I for one hope tons swap so it can gain legitimacy. A few players I know seem to dislike it because their only usage of online tools like this is for ranks, their idea is that since there is a much smaller userbase for WCL, WOL is superior in that the ranks mean something. ( As if ranks meant something to begin with D)

So while i'd love to see WOL updated for those who use it, though who don't have found a superior alternative and feel its worth it for most people to just start using WCL.

Deleted
    Switch to warcraft logs. They actually put the effort in to have things working quickly, and having detection working properly, opposed to WoL just slacking around and doing it whenever they feel like it, which apparently is never, considering the last 3 bosses still have no heroic detection.

Deleted
    I'm switching to warcraft logs this week as well. It seems promising.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    good maybe some of my fellow raiders gonna stop a bit fapping to meters to rank and focus more on executing mechanics and stop wasting time on stupid wipes on famr just because player A and B want to rank so screw mechanics ><
    This is not the primary use for WoL. it's an excellent tool to figure out what mechanics people are screwing up.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    If you've got players like that then schedule which one(s) get to scumbag each week so there are still enough people doing the mechanics.