Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Could we add "Reason WoW is dying" type threads to forbidden topics ?

Many of those thread wind up getting closed anyway, and it's always the same formula: "What I don't like about WoW is why subs are declining", with little to no discussion of substance.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Can we add petitions for forbidden topics to the forbidden topics?

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Can we add petitions for forbidden topics to the forbidden topics?
    I agree with Count Zero on this one, all "Reason WoW is dying" threads repeat the same things over and over, include the same arguments and end with neither side agreeing with the other, I see no point in having them on these forums.

Especially because the game isn't dieing. Its a loaded question that can not possibly result in constructive conversation.

Out of ten posts in the threads half are just absurd statements as well like "WoW is dieing because you don't have to do ToT to do SoO," Or "I quit the game because its too easy" yet these people have 0 raid achievements.

No reason to forbid them, just have one mega thread for them.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    No reason to forbid them, just have one mega thread for them.
    I'm not even sure if that would be better. I mean, yeah, I guess it would cause the recent threads pages to be less cluttered, but it'd be the same amount of overall traffic devoted to it. Maybe even more, since the mega thread would be more visible than any of the other smaller ones.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    Especially because the game isn't dieing. Its a loaded question that can not possibly result in constructive conversation.
    Personally I think you're wrong on both parts... but the dieing bit is a difference in opinion on what 'dieing' means (i don't sugar coat decline and just lump it in as slowly dieing) and the possibility of constructive conversation is a blanket statement... which more often than not tend to be wrong.

WoW will always feel like it's dieing at tiems like this, it's after the 'final tier' of an expansion and waiting for the next expansion. This will likely not end until the release date of ESO, wildstar, or whatever the apparent 'next big game' is.

I suggested this years ago, but ultimately was persuaded away from it. The reason is that there is a fine line between posters that simply hate on WoW for the sake of hating on it, and people posting actual criticism of the game. You can't really have moderators trying to choose between the two. Yes, the haters get REALLY annoying when they simple post stupid crap all day and call any decision ever made by blizzard horrible, no matter what. But you can't really ban them from doing that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

We should just create an official megathread. I'll run it if its allowed. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    We should just create an official megathread. I'll run it if its allowed. :O
    1 isn't enough, you'll have a "haters megathread v2" after a couple of days.

I quit WoW, this is the reason for everybody that posts about it: I don't like it anymore.

Seriously, regardless of the reason, there are people that still like it (or like it more). I quit because I like playing single player rpgs or moddable games, others have more specific reasons. Ultimately, the game is no longer your main concern and it does not mean WoW is inherently bad, it just means your tastes have changed.

So as a veteran quitter, I agree that "I quit" posts should be banned. I think that "These things bug me about WoW" posts should exists though as feedback is always a good thing, even if it's just to let players communicate their feelings between each other.

Edit: Just wanted to include this actually since it relates to a lot of quitters: I stick around on the forums because I still want to see the game succeed and such, I'm just not interested in playing anymore. I like the lore and the world so I like to keep up with people, and overall the mmo had a large part of my teen life.
    Last edited by Mitobunny; 2014-01-09 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I am sympathetic to how you feel, these threads can be interesting and constructive if they're framed the right way, and that kind of discussion is good to have on the forum. The ones that are just bitching or ranting get closed anyway like you're asking (for that reason, a megathread would probably be a bad idea because we would lose this ability and no one wants to read 935874 pages of people whining).

I feel it's better to judge them on a case-by-case basis which ones create the potential for constructive dialogue rather than just universally closing them all without question.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not in Communist MMOC here, we can't all have positive opinions about WoW; unless MMOC has somehow been bought by Blizzard, otherwise it should remain impartial. Opinions vary.
    I may as well make a petition thread about banning "wow is awzum" threads just because.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Easy solution: DON'T CLICK ON THOSE THREADS.

Let people discuss if they want. You aren't obligated to read them to get to the next post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Easy solution: DON'T CLICK ON THOSE THREADS.

Let people discuss if they want. You aren't obligated to read them to get to the next post.
    Seriously...this is all I was thinking when I clicked THIS thread....lol. People just can't help themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Seriously...this is all I was thinking when I clicked THIS thread....lol. People just can't help themselves.
    I hate seeing those comments and replies on this site or reddit; OMG A RESPOST!, OMG THIS THREAD IS DUMB! OMG A SIMILAR TOPIC TO ONE I JUST READ!

The reason wow is dying is because of threads like this.

Deleted
    If we had a megathread for it,every page would be filled with the exact same text.

I've been told that if you cover your eyes, it makes something disappear. My five year old cousins theory may work for the problems with WoW too. I guess the OP wants to further research it.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Many of those thread wind up getting closed anyway, and it's always the same formula: "What I don't like about WoW is why subs are declining", with little to no discussion of substance.
    Can we ban you instead?