DVI - VGA Troubles - Missing resolutions

Hello MMOC,

I am fixing up my girlfriends new computer and i am having some trouble with the screen resolution. The monitor I am using is AOC F22s which is capable of running at 1920x1080 through VGA (it only has a vga port, no dvi or hdmi). However her new computer does not use a vga port at all (currently using a amd radeon 7800) so I am using a DVI-VGA converter however am only able to get a 1600x1200. I have tried different cables and no fix. Could I be using the wrong type of VGA cable? What else could I try?

Did you try installing GFX drivers?
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

Yeah, have tried installing it a few times. Just running into a bug where the catalyst control center wont open >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you installed the monitor driver?

Available here.

Also, according to the specs, the monitor should have a DVI input.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

F22s is a different monitor to the F22, http://www.trustedreviews.com/AOC-F22s-_Monitor_review is the one we are using, it only has a vga port.

Monitor driver is installed, that and the video driver is the first things i checked.

Also checked the the card is a DVI-I so its not having trouble converting from analog to digital signal

- - - Updated - - -

I was able to solve my problem. First I had to fix CCC (it was not opening at all). I did this by

Uninstall the graphics drivers

1 - Delete all ATI folders in C:\programs files and C:\programs files (x86) as well as the temp ati folder usually located at c:\ati

2 - Go to C:\Windows\assembly and sort by "Public Key Token". Locate the following Public Key Token "90ba9c70f846762e" Usually there are only two entries. However, there can be many just be careful here we are only deleting/uninstalling entries tagged with the "90ba9c70f846762e" token. (if deletion will not work right click and uninstall)

3 - deleting these policies in safe mode may result in a permissions error. The entries will only show up in systems affected by this issue.
    This means that searching for these entries on systems where CCC is loading properly, should result in none found *(as per ati's dev team)

4 - Shut down and re-start normally.

5 - Reinstall the ATI Catalyst package.

6 (optional) -Launch CCC from the right click context menu if it doesn't start automatically.
    Then in the CCC I went to VGA Display > Properties and disabled use extended displayed identification data and set the maximum screen resolution to 1920x1080. Hopefully this can help anyone else with this problem.
    Last edited by Juzzy; 2014-01-09 at 10:19 PM.