View Poll Results: Is SoO getting nerfed?

Voters
439. This poll is closed
  • Yes, 5% when pvp S15 arrive.

34 7.74%
  • Yes, 10% when pvp S15 arrive.

113 25.74%
  • Yes, but afterpvp S15 arrive.

31 7.06%
  • Yes, but close to the release of WoD.

133 30.30%
  • Yes, but after the WoD launch.

36 8.20%
  • No, is never getting nerfed.

92 20.96%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Poll] SoO is getting nerf?

Hey guys! This is a poll of what you think about the raid of Siege of Orgrimmar getting nerfed. With the announce of a new pvp season I think that patch will bring some pve changes as well.

Tell us what you think

I'm not going to put a number on it, but I feel the nerf will be pretty big. They need something to keep players playing. 10% nerf will only help raiding guilds get past the next few bosses, it won't make casuals start normals. Maybe a 30% to normal and a 10% to heroic?

Yeah at this point normal modes are a joke, let the casuals have 30%.

hardmodes are capped at 5-10%, no more.

They shouldn't nerf Normal or HC imo.

Seeing as Flex PuG's fail hard all the time, a massive nerf to normal would be needed for the 'casual' a.k.a non guild running PuG. They should not simplify everything just so PuG's can faceroll slightly harder versions of the same boss they can already do in LFR and Flex (if you are lucky).

Garrosh is the only fight I could see being nerfed on normal/heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Maybe a 30% to normal and a 10% to heroic?
    That moment when Normal becomes easier than Flex rofl.

I think 10%.

Not sure either difficulty mode need a nerf. Even Heroic should be 'easy enough' thanks to the item upgrades and warforged items.

I'm not sure it needs a nerf either.

We're muddling along on spoils HC and we've had 2/3 months of disrupted raiding. We're a new guild but cleared ToT while it was current, I'd like to think we're on track to do the same in SoO. I think this tier will be around for a while yet so any nerfs soon are premature.

I don't think it needs nerfs but they will probably do it anyway.

With Flex the gaps between difficulties shouldn't be that big anymore. I have no experience with SoO normal and HC so I can't say for sure. And the bosses also seem to be tuned fine, they become harder the further you progress. So why would there be a need for nerfs?
    And like DS, nerfing untill normal becomes easier than LFR (in this case Flex) is also pointless. You will just be doing the same instance... with better rewards :S. This while every guild who wants to just progress properly and not get bored by steamrolling/farming content gets screwed.

And like Deja says it's way too soon anyway. If this expansion has to last till june they better not nerf SoO, at least not yet.

Not sure either difficulty mode need a nerf. Even Heroic should be 'easy enough' thanks to the item upgrades and warforged items.
    And this.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    With now 4 difficulties (lfr, flex, normal, heroic) i don't think any nerfs are required. just do the difficulty that suits you or suits your guild

Deleted
    If I read it correctly, the question stated in the OP is not if it should get nerfed or is required to get nerfed, but if you think it will get nerfed.
    I think some nerfs come, probably in the prepatch for WoD, with some hotfixes to some mechanics earlies (though not necessarily nerfs).

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    If I read it correctly, the question stated in the OP is not if it should get nerfed or is required to get nerfed, but if you think it will get nerfed.
    So? Those are not related?

Hey guys! This is a poll of what you think about the raid of Siege of Orgrimmar getting nerfed. With the announce of a new pvp season I think that patch will bring some pve changes as well.

Tell us what you think
    Answered the poll/question and told him what I thought.

They all get nerfed eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    So? Those are not related?
    Related? Yes. But also different. E.g. I don't think they need a nerf. My guild is still progressing through content, and I think the difficulty is tuned correctly. But, I think it will get nerfed, looking at the history of the last few end-tiers, which were out for such a long time.
    Some answers in this post (yours was not one of them) did only answer the question: "Do you think they need a nerf?", and not: "Do you think they will get nerfed?"
    But probably I just misunderstand the OP and the question stated. I'm not really good at English (yet).
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2014-01-09 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    Probably same as DS. Starting with 10, going to 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    That moment when Normal becomes easier than Flex rofl.

I think 10%.
    The nerf would come to Flex as well. The idea of nerfs is to make people WANT to go forward. A 10% nerf to normals alone wouldn't make people want to try it. Lots of normal mechanics are rough for people to pick up who arent used to raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    With now 4 difficulties (lfr, flex, normal, heroic) i don't think any nerfs are required. just do the difficulty that suits you or suits your guild
    Hi my name is average joe and I am part of the guild < Casual Raiders >. We are currently progressing X Normal boss. We have cleared LFR & Flex because that content is too easy for us. We are unable to kill any Heroics because that content is too hard for us. We already have basically full normal gear because we have farmed the content for so long, but have been banging our heads on X for months because it is slightly above the skill level of our guild.

What you want : TOUGH, LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL BE ON THAT BOSS THE REST OF THE EXPANSION TILL YOU L2P

Blizzard have already stated they nerf content so it becomes more available to people (like the example I mentioned above).

Just because you (not you personally) find it easy, doesn't mean it shouldn't be nerfed.

Deleted
    well Hardest thing right now is to keep up people playing.
    If xx doesn't have progress soon will have problem with people not showing or simply no be able to raid meaning a major problem in the existence of the guild.

I'm seeying guilds with 563 ilvl without a 1 boss killed in heroic mode.
    You think they will progress and keep up the sub until wod? for what i saw yesday (Wednesday=1 day of reset raid aswell with the break from christmass.= My friend guild has 12/14 heroic progress and yday was having 8 raiders online.=== and simply didn't do the farm.)
    1 Tank is taking a break and 1 rogue is off for the rest of exp. + 2/3 people that simply didn't sign up.
    So??? Right now must recruit people in order to keep up raiding~ That because is 10-man tunneling the gear gonna be hard and at some point they won't be able 1st to do the easy farm that with Already knew people was smooth....and Progress gonna be delayed at the point that some of the people will simply burn out..

Simply without anything to do for the rest of expansion many raiding guilds will fall meaning more and more subs/loss. And the worst a non gaming experience that simply will make people QQ>.

If nerf's wont happen i doubt everyone will continue playing hapilly....

Problem is we don't know if people are having steady progression still or not. My guess would be yes because its been a very linear difficulty until far into heroics but I don't know. Blizzard does though.

Actually, im guessing they like the progression people are having. Last 2 tiers at this point they nerfed some normal bosses. No normal boss nerfs yet this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Hi my name is average joe and I am part of the guild < Casual Raiders >. We are currently progressing X Normal boss. We have cleared LFR & Flex because that content is too easy for us. We are unable to kill any Heroics because that content is too hard for us. We already have basically full normal gear because we have farmed the content for so long, but have been banging our heads on X for months because it is slightly above the skill level of our guild.

What you want : TOUGH, LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL BE ON THAT BOSS THE REST OF THE EXPANSION TILL YOU L2P

Blizzard have already stated they nerf content so it becomes more available to people (like the example I mentioned above).

Just because you (not you personally) find it easy, doesn't mean it shouldn't be nerfed.
    What is this? A rational thought? I think you don't belong in these forums.

The negative side of nerfs is many people lose their motivation when things get arbitrarily easier for them. As long as people keep progressing through the majority of bosses at a steady rate they won't nerf it.

Its not like Blizzard can do much to keep subs now except get WoD out ASAP. (New PvP season will help for some)