Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    In the end, it depends how OCD you are about system stability.
    Yep, in the end this will be the deciding factor. Do you care about an occasional crash every couple months or is complete (mostly) stability necessity? Good discussion either way.

Hard to argue running it overnight either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer stability, so I built my current build without OC in mind.
    I will build my next PC in 4-6years for OC though
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Sort of a curiousity on that whole 'thing' concept.. Here's sort of an example of oddities people might run across.

4.4ghz everything runs fine. 4.6ghz everything runs fine. YET despite that, at 4.5ghz, Skype and WoW (and ONLY those two programs, nothing else) crash intermittently every couple days. That's the kind of 'thing' where it's difficult to weed out.
    Random thought/question, was this your system and did it "pass" P95? Also, ever figure out the 'thing' causing it? Still a good example of the randomness though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I prefer stability, so I built my current build without OC in mind.
    I will build my next PC in 4-6years for OC though
    As I'm sure you're aware of, no computer will be 100% stable lol. I think a lot of the instability really comes from the higher OCs and speeds. But if you just do a "little" 200ish mhz OC you're probably not going to get much (if any) instability, extra heat gen, etc. Not huge amounts obviously, but any little bit can help imo.