New Server- Profession optimization

I was recently convinced to reroll on a new server. I currently have a fleet of 90's on my old server. I was wondering what you profession junkies would do if you had the time to "retrain" your toons to maximize profession synergy? What classes do you usually reserve for the different professions. IE (do you always put tailoring on a clothie, or farm on a druid)?

Another example of what I am looking for information wise, Tailor + Miner on Prot/Ret Pally for AOE cloth farming plus Mining between PVP queues.

Warlocks/mages have always been one of the strongest options for cloth farming with packs, Priests aren't horrible but mana tends to be an issue with lower hp mobs in large qty's.

With the addition of the sky golem, all classes are now equal with druids in terms of herb farming without mounting. Paladin still has the benefit of added mount speed however, this also applies to mining.

Most other professions are gonna work on almost any class. BS is currently BiS on almost every raid ready class out there due to double stat secondary gems, JC is less so as it forces use of primary gems in red sockets to take advantage.

Would you go jc/alch together or jc/enchanting for example. I am trying to maximize efficiency and not worry so much about mix/maxxing my toon as I am not a hardcore raider.

JC/Ench is really solid as an AH toon if you plan on doing an ore flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    JC/Ench is really solid as an AH toon if you plan on doing an ore flip.
    JC/alchemy i would think to be the best combo. Go transmute mastery for extra money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lefse View Post
    Would you go jc/alch together or jc/enchanting for example. I am trying to maximize efficiency and not worry so much about mix/maxxing my toon as I am not a hardcore raider.
    JC/enchanting is the correct answer. I had to look all over forums to come to this answer when I first set up my professions.

But after learning these professions I can say hands down JC/Ench, with another toon for Alchemy is the best setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogozjin View Post
    JC/enchanting is the correct answer. I had to look all over forums to come to this answer when I first set up my professions.

But after learning these professions I can say hands down JC/Ench, with another toon for Alchemy is the best setup.
    Depends on the server economy.
    There is no right or wrong without context.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Depends on the server economy.
    There is no right or wrong without context.
    There is in this case, the ore flip involves a TON of stock movement, having to mail between toons for this process is a major slowdown. Where as alch has nothing to do with alchemy and as such clutters inventory.

So the basic jist I am getting is basically this:

Main: jc/ench
    PVP (if not main) bs/eng
    Gatherer herb/mining
    Alt: Skin/LW
    Alt: Scribe/Daily CD
    Alt: Alch/Daily CD
    Alt; Tailor/Daily CD

The best I can seem to get with the least amount of characters is:

Main: LW + Eng, LW is one of the professions that scale the best with the character being able to farm well (mainly spirit of harmony).
    Gatherer: Herb + Mining.
    Alt: Tailoring + Skinning, mostly because you can use the spirits you get when skinning for bags.
    Alt: JC + Ench, best gold making combo to have on one toon to save time. These gain really no benefit from being on a geared main.
    Alt: BS + Transmute. Smelt trillium ore and craft belt buckles.
    Alt: Potion + Inscription. Potions and Shoulder enchants sell on most servers.