Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I just follow a guide on google

Assuming buying all mats off the AH, and assuming your servers economy is atleast similar to mine....

1-300 Normal way
    300-400 Ghost Iron
    400-600 Normal way

TBC/Wrath mats seems to be very very expensive for some reason, and not only that, very rare. Even if I was happy to pay 100g per bar, there actually isn't enough mats on the AH for more than a few levels.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I levlled BS and Engine on a new alt, for BS I went old mats and some ghost iron, for stuff I couldnt get off AH and did not want to farm, i went ghost, so kinda a mix of both
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a miner, just dedicate a few hours to farming ghost iron. You will be losing a potentially ludicrous amount of gold but time wise it should be considerably faster. I'm considering making the jump from JC unless they explain how it will remain profitable before WoD.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

i prefer the mining it all method, takes a while but its a great time sink when your bored and you can sell excess materials, however if you have teh surplus of gold, buying it all is a decent way!

10+ Year Old Account
    1-300---Old mats

300-400ish---ghost iron

400ish-525- old mats
    525-600---ghost iron of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

When I usually level blacksmith I do it by farming all the required mats with a miner (only old mats) which only takes around 10 hours max. Then I send everything I craft with blacksmithing to an enchanter and disenchants and sell the enchanting mats on the auction house. All in all it takes around 12-15 hours and you get something to do in WoW and some gold.