Page 1 of 3
LastLast

SPriest and Boomkin minor buffs inc

https://twitter.com/holinka/statuses/421071972210966528

We're going to give moonkins/spriests a little help via hotfix.
    Definitely needed for shadow, SPriest survivability is god awful, not sure about boomkins but I see complaints about their underperformance and not a single word about how OP they are, so going to assume they need it too.

Now if we could just nerf everyone except my class...

You think this is going to be enough?

https://twitter.com/holinka/statuses/421082897802461184
    Measure your enthusiasm. My bet is I'll get "not enough" tweets, but we're happy with the change.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/119...ary_8-1_8_2014

• Druid
    • Balance
    • Astral Communion is now immune to interrupts. The ability still cannot be cast while Silenced, this will be corrected in a future patch.
    • Moonkin Form now increases the Druid's armor by 100% (up from 60%).

• Priest
    • Shadow
    • Shadowform now increases the Priest's armor by 100% (up from 60%).

I just wish they'd give Druids a caster DPS spec, seems kinda odd for one class to have one melee spec and two healer specs.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/119...ary_8-1_8_2014

• Druid
    • Balance
    • Astral Communion is now immune to interrupts. The ability still cannot be cast while Silenced, this will be corrected in a future patch.
    • Moonkin Form now increases the Druid's armor by 100% (up from 60%).

• Priest
    • Shadow
    • Shadowform now increases the Priest's armor by 100% (up from 60%).
    Ugh that is weak. Buuut we gotta see how much of a difference it makes before complaining. I mean 40% armor is 3-5% less physical damage?

I think the real problem (for priests) is that SPriests have little in the way of escape and manoeuvrability, 90% of what you cast has a cast time and it leaves you open to be interrupted/silenced and then you cannot escape or fight back. That and the fact that to use our disarm/horror effect we use up one of our precious orbs.

But something is better than nothing. Gotta remember that 1v1 is not and should not be the focus of balance, nor are Arenas the sole arena (pun intended ) for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I just wish they'd give Druids a caster DPS spec, seems kinda odd for one class to have one melee spec and two healer specs.
    I see what you did there...

I play resto main with boom offspec and I am so used to hotting people that I rejuv blanket as boomkin in BGs and am normally the top healer and one of the top 3 damage...

Deleted
    "Minor" is indeed the right word.

Lets hope more balancing is incoming before they release the last pvp season in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    A pvp full geared cloth wearer has 15458 armor which gives 25.05% DR

60% increase puts it to 24732.8 armor = 34.83% DR
    100% increase makes the armor 30916 = 40.06%DR

Considering full PvP plate gear gives 43.51% DR i'd say its pretty damn good. I'm not saying this will make SP or Moonkins great now. Im just saying you have plate armor.

Just curious would it be to much to give void shift back to shadow in arena but have the effect being you can now cast while dispersed. I think shadows biggest problem is they are not able to get any casts off and once you force dispersion they are a sitting duck.

It would make dispersion both a defensive and offensive cool down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spriests will still suffer because they're so damn easy to train.

Even with the slight buff to survivability, we'll still have cleave teams face-sitting on us the entire game. A step in the right direction would be making one of our glyphs baseline so we can choose another, like the Fade glyph removing snares. Since we're not as "tanky" as we used to be, we need to at least find some more mobility.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry but this is just not gonna help us at all... tell me what spells and moves hit through armor....evrtything besides auto attack am i right? -.-

I just did about a hundred arena fights in the past few days as Balance.

I can tell you straight up, this is not going to help out.

Balance druids need to stop relying on Starsurge procs for their damage, they need damaging abilities that don't require long cast times and need more movement dps that isn't just spamming Sun/Moonfire. Not to mention the heals are also god awful, though I could give those up for anything mentioned previously. We also have no abilities that can protect us from massive burst like other casters.

Also lol at the Astral Communion change... Yay! I get to keep playing around with my Eclipse bar! This will surely change EVERYTHING! /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    Not to mention the heals are also god awful
    Words fail me.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-10 at 11:29 AM.

Balance druids need to stop relying on Starsurge procs for their damage, they need damaging abilities that don't require long cast times and need more movement dps that isn't just spamming Sun/Moonfire. Not to mention the heals are also god awful, though I could give those up for anything mentioned previously. We also have no abilities that can protect us from massive burst like other casters.

Also lol at the Astral Communion change... Yay! I get to keep playing around with my Eclipse bar! This will surely change EVERYTHING! /sarcasm
    Agreed. These changes are bullcrap. Armor buff did not work, buffing armor even further will not work either because most damage sources are not avoidable through it. How difficult it is to realise they buffed everyone with "+15% more damage on moonkins and SPs" for free.

Ofc these are the same people who think tweaking Intervene will tone down warriors to normal levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    A pvp full geared cloth wearer has 15458 armor which gives 25.05% DR

60% increase puts it to 24732.8 armor = 34.83% DR
    100% increase makes the armor 30916 = 40.06%DR

Considering full PvP plate gear gives 43.51% DR i'd say its pretty damn good. I'm not saying this will make SP or Moonkins great now. Im just saying you have plate armor.
    Which is true, except only Ret Paladins wear plate and only mitigate via plate. Warriors have plate reduction +25% Defensive Stance reduction + Second Wind. DKs have 55% armor (Blood presence armor bonus), +25% stamina, +10% all damage reduction (Blood presence). Since all of these effects also multiply with the 75% damage reduction via resilience - even small class specific bonuses can have a big reduction in effective damage.

Shadowpriests and Balance Druids have nearly the same armor as ret paladins - but less - and far, far, far less mitigation than DKs or Warriors - even after this buff. And warriors and dks are still considered good kill targets in arenas - this buff won't change the dynamic of shadow/balance arenas at all - we're still going to be incredibly easy to kill and control: still the preferred kill targets - just ~2% harder to kill for melee comps.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Do Priests not use Inner Fire when trained by melee? How's that interact with the Shadowform bonus armour?
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    As an average+ boomkin at 2.2k exp I can say that these changes are SHIT. How will armor help us, when our problem is the weak damage and relying on procs, and NOT our survivability? I can probably survive forever, 30% more armor will only make that easier. The problem is I cant kill anything without kiting and hoping for starsurge to proc. Cant cast anything because of the insane castingtime we have, and our dots are SHITTY. We are considered a DoT class, but what the hell.. Lets face it, even warriors DoT's do fucking more damage than moonfire and sunfire. Its stupid as hell. More survivability is NOT what we need Blizzard. Start playing the game instead of making nonsense changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you are playing it wrong. Balance is pretty mutch the only dps class that is nearly impossible to kill. LoS everything, heal, and if you ever get caught up by a mistake you use HOTW and you are basicly impossible to kill. Our heals are NOT weak, they are insane, and it shouldnt be like that. We should be considered DPS, not healers like we are now. If you srsly mean balance dont have any survivability you should stop playing it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spriest dots/heals escapr mech are by far worse then boomies.. i wish they would give VT same treatment as astral really...

I think priests in general need an escape, but shadow priests especially. How about giving priests a Glyph that makes Leap of Faith work in reverse, you jump to your ally ? That would be quite fun and let priests escape from being focused.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I think priests in general need an escape, but shadow priests especially. How about giving priests a Glyph that makes Leap of Faith work in reverse, you jump to your ally ? That would be quite fun and let priests escape from being focused.
    I like this, but would i really sacrifice more surv as of a glyph slot to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I think most of the hype about the weaknesses of Shadow stem from the current state of Warriors.

This almost begs for you to get charged straight after, and probably get you and your team mate shockwaved, plus it has a 1.5 minute cooldown to add insult to injury.