issue ingame with new screen.

so just connected my new screen etc and got some weird black bar at the top of the screen with like 0.5" space between edge and the bar. its a black tiny bar which my mouse refuse to cross over..

any clue why i get this? how to remove it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd check two things

1) Make sure your resolution is set to the monitor's native
    2) Use the monitor's buttons and have it do an auto adjust
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

1) is set to correct

2) nothing appears to happen when i go into screen menu and autoadjust...

Deleted
    Do you have more than 1 monitor in the resolution settings (old monitor appearing in the settings)? If so make sure you have the new monitor selected when changing the resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Crista View Post
    Do you have more than 1 monitor in the resolution settings (old monitor appearing in the settings)? If so make sure you have the new monitor selected when changing the resolution.
    indeed i do have 2 monitors but the new one is showing in settings.

- - - Updated - - -

starting to think its a manufactor issue.. swapped to a VGA cable and can now adjust moving the screen. but the black line remains unchanged when i move it up and down

- - - Updated - - -

guess it will be a mystery:<

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume since its a new monitor, the latest drivers are installed?

Have you tried googling the monitor to see if other people have/had same issues?

What happens if you screenshot the image? Is the black bar on the screenshot too?
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    What happens if you screenshot the image? Is the black bar on the screenshot too?
    nop. thats what makes me think its wrong with it before it got boxed its like someone used a marker on my screen. if i move around n shit i can see games change in the glitch part

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    nop. thats what makes me think its wrong with it before it got boxed its like someone used a marker on my screen. if i move around n shit i can see games change in the glitch part
    Yet you said you can't go past it with your mouse? Seems weird.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760