Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else think the loot table on ordos needs looked at?

For the past five weeks I have used a coin on Ordos.

For the past five weeks I have recieved Remnar's Ruinous Girdle.

Rolled an alt, leveled it to 90, jumped in an ordos group and got..........................

drum roll please.............

Remnar's Ruinous Girdle.

You can not tell me that I should receive the same item six times between two toons.

Granted I should feel extremely lucky that I have won an item this many times consecutively.

However I feel that SOMETHING has to be wrong with the random number generator seed that Blizzard uses to decide your "random" drop.

Anyone else receiving prolonged "lucky" drop chains?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Im glad im not the only one.

Personally i am on 6 x Bracers on my Mage without seeing any other loot!

Deleted
    sometimes i wish those coins were never implemented...

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Working fine to me, I have 3 chars that are doing Ordos (with bonus roll) and I got necklace and head on 1st, head on 2ns and shoulder on 3rd.

Have you raided 10m? If so, you prob should be used to this. If not, train enchanting.

To elaborate, sometimes RNG loot drops are brutal. The response to this is "If you got everything you wanted straight away you'd have no reason to do it again".

Fine. I accept that. But don't tease me with the same drops. A system where "Use coin, same loot drops over 2 times, loot changed to satchel of exotic mysteries", or a system where you could "flag the loot you wanted, and RNG determines if your roll is succesful in winning that piece, if not, gold" would work a treat in my opinion.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-01-09 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    Sofar got 3 cloth chests in a row and after that 3 headpieces. On the same character.

It's been said a million times before and it'll be said a million times again: Random means that some players will get the extreme end of the bad luck (or, in your case, insultingly good luck) while the majority of players will never see the same item more than a time or three.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Have you raided 10m? If so, you prob should be used to this. If not, train enchanting.
    Also, this. When my warlock was raiding with his previous guild, he saw the trident off Immerseus every week for about 8 weeks straight. Our final kill, before the guild stopped raiding, was the only time it didn't drop.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2014-01-09 at 04:53 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    So you got 2 useful items out of 11 or 12 chances. Seems around average, probably slightly above. No clue what you're complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eonwenian View Post
    sometimes i wish those coins were never implemented...
    Yeah, because having no chance at getting loot is better than having a chance of getting either the item(s) you want or an item you already have.

I'll never understand it when people say, "I wish coins were never implemented." Okay, fine, why don't you delete 3-5 pieces of your gear then?
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Loot table is fine. I have 3 WF pieces on my mage (that only did it like 4 times), 3 on the DK (actually 4 but double waist so far) and a headpiece on 1st kill on the Warr.

Also, coin drop% are fine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG, I'm glad to get gold on most of my double rolls, people should be glad there is ability to get gear without raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they made so you couldn't get multiple of the same loot from World Bosses, especially on the same toon. Maybe have a dropdown to recieve doubles incase you deleted/sold one and want later on (after restoration has ran out on the item) for transmogrification. Of course this wouldn't increase your chances to get something else, it would just make so you get gold instead of a duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post

To elaborate, sometimes RNG loot drops are brutal. The response to this is "If you got everything you wanted straight away you'd have no reason to do it again".

Fine. I accept that. But don't tease me with the same drops. A system where "Use coin, same loot drops over 2 times, loot changed to satchel of exotic mysteries", or a system where you could "flag the loot you wanted, and RNG determines if your roll is succesful in winning that piece, if not, gold" would work a treat in my opinion.
    I like that last option the best. Once you get an item ON A COIN ROLL it should no longer exist. If this makes it so you get fewer drops so be it. At least you have the artificially induced feeling that you are not getting screwed over.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I don't like the coins, and I'll tell you exactly why, it gives me false hope of extra loot, when in reality it's a minuscule drop rate, and over all, I'd rather get nothing than the gold.

I know it sounds weird, why would any one choose nothing over something? But it's honestly how I feel.

RNG can be brutal some weeks, than completely perfect the next, the nature of the beast.

OT: Is flex drop % lower than LFR drop %, last month I did two weeks of flex 14/14, two drops over the two weeks, both sharded, 6 rolls, all 6 gold, run LFR, drops coming out my eyeballs, the next week I got three useable items from flex though, so that made up for it.

Actually, I don't like the personal loot system either, there is no feeling of progression for other people, which, if it's a friend, I care about, this is only an issue in LFR and Flex of course though.

Still waiting for the damn heirloom as well, I thought they had a decent drop rate, or decent for what they are anyway.

RNG is RNG last patch I wore 502 boots until 5.4, this patch I'm rolling in warforged drops in 10M

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    I don't like the coins, and I'll tell you exactly why, it gives me false hope of extra loot, when in reality it's a minuscule drop rate, and over all, I'd rather get nothing than the gold.

I know it sounds weird, why would any one choose nothing over something? But it's honestly how I feel.

RNG can be brutal some weeks, than completely perfect the next, the nature of the beast.

OT: Is flex drop % lower than LFR drop %, last month I did two weeks of flex 14/14, two drops over the two weeks, both sharded, 6 rolls, all 6 gold, run LFR, drops coming out my eyeballs, the next week I got three useable items from flex though, so that made up for it.

Actually, I don't like the personal loot system either, there is no feeling of progression for other people, which, if it's a friend, I care about, this is only an issue in LFR and Flex of course though.

Still waiting for the damn heirloom as well, I thought they had a decent drop rate, or decent for what they are anyway.
    Oh shush I've coined 2 good trinkets in one week and BiS warforged helm.

People have coined raid drop mounts and heirlooms. It's a nice bonus just don't expect to get a lot from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random loot is random. That's just the way it is in these kinds of games.

As for those you bitching about the coins/extra rolls? Some of my best upgrades/items/hoped-for drops came from bonus rolls. So yeah, they can be a great thing sometimes. Your bad luck doesn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post

But it's not a miniscule drop rate. Let me give some examples: First time I killed Shamans, I coined the caster trinket. First time I killed Shamans on heroic, I coined the caster trinket. Last week, I coined the trinket again (was hoping for warforged) and then, on the next boss, I coined heroic glove token.

So, the base chance of receiving an item isn't all that low to begin with... and then there's the loot protection that (and some might disagree, but I'm fairly certain Blizzard has supported this suggestion) builds on a coins-per-boss basis. In other words, you keep coining, you are guaranteed to get an item. That is far from a "miniscule drop rate."

I'm sorry if you've had bad luck (or, more likely, the feeling of bad luck), but I can't imagine that it's been nearly as bad as you're suggesting. Also, you can always choose not to use the coins :P

Either way, it's your opinion and that's fine. I can certainly see where you're coming from when it comes to bosses like Immerseus (want that heroic trinket? Sorry, here's another heroic cloak).
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I didn't like the old loot system very much. I like the new loot system far less. In short, I don't raid. Turns out, you don't miss what you don't see.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    In short, I don't raid. Turns out, you don't miss what you don't see.
    More people need to be like this

The problem with coin rolls is it so RNG based and you're basically expected to have them in any half progression orientated raiding guild. I've been one of those extreme bad luck people and I've really grown to hate the monstrous loot tables most of the bosses have now... I've yet to see a Haromm's Talisman still (even being in a heroic raid guild). Another raider has yet to see the Immerseus trinket drop at all and he's been rolling for it every week since 5.4 launch.