Thread: Chi burst as MW

Deleted

Question Chi burst as MW

is it really useful..?? ive tried it a couple of times, but the whole idea to use it would be if the raid is stacked and you're standing in the back of the grp, and thats not happening too often i guess? and 30 sec cd compared to Chi waves 15 sec that can proc up to 7 players within 25 yds..

share your thoughts please!

Quote Originally Posted by snakebush View Post
    is it really useful..?? ive tried it a couple of times, but the whole idea to use it would be if the raid is stacked and you're standing in the back of the grp, and thats not happening too often i guess? and 30 sec cd compared to Chi waves 15 sec that can proc up to 7 players within 25 yds..

share your thoughts please!
    It's great on fights with a lot of adds and a lot of stacking. Sha, Galakras.

For MW, Chi Wave might be better if you're not good at positioning yourself and timing it to counter spikey damage, or Zen Sphere on fights where you're stacked and people are frequently dropping below 35% HP.

Ideally you'd use burst in fights with large, predictable spikes, and you're guaranteed to be stacked. Sha is best example this tier. You drop burst right as he hits your raid with his explosion, and basically clean up all the damage taken that wasn't absorbed by your disc priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    It's great on fights with a lot of adds and a lot of stacking. Sha, Galakras.

For MW, Chi Wave might be better if you're not good at positioning yourself and timing it to counter spikey damage, or Zen Sphere on fights where you're stacked and people are frequently dropping below 35% HP.

Ideally you'd use burst in fights with large, predictable spikes, and you're guaranteed to be stacked. Sha is best example this tier. You drop burst right as he hits your raid with his explosion, and basically clean up all the damage taken that wasn't absorbed by your disc priest.
    yes, sha is a good encounter to use it..never really tried zen sphere tbh

wanted to post a link to my monk on the armory but seems im not allowed to link ?

Deleted
    Indeed sha is a good fight to use it on, i usualy combine it with chi torpedo (or 2) thru a stacked raid, the healing from that combo is crazy
    Last edited by mmoc981b98ea90; 2014-01-09 at 07:11 PM.

10 or 25?

For 25 with creative use chi burst can be used on every single fight. My personal go to talents are chi burst and RJW. For progression chi wave can make more sense.

Deleted
    10 atm, but in WoD we'll play 20m

still cant post my damn armory link...... name is Munkbjörn anyways