Poll: Horde Vs. Horde BG's to solve Que time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If this will bring instant or drastically shorter queues.... Then yes!

I feel annoyed when I am put as Alliance in Rated BGs... But only for a short while. When I remember the alternative is waiting 20 minutes+ to have fun, the disgust in being Alliance quickly dissipates.

Also, that could make me upvote AV and IOC... Knowing I might end up as Alliance for a free win could be an incentive to playing these 2 BGs.

I saw this idea in another thread and I really liked it. They should give you the option of queuing as mercenary. That way the players who wanted shorter queue times could get them, and to keep all of the Red vs. Blue kids happy they could make you look like a random alliance race, kinda like what some of the CoT instances do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might actually present a challenge in randoms as Alliance usually perform rather horribly in them. Also, it would be interesting to have a Horde vs. Horde AV/IoC.

I'm okay with waiting. I do RBG's and can tolerate it, but fueling the rage for the opposing faction is already dead in this game. Random BG's is one of the last places to find this.

If they did that, it would kill the last bit of immersion and interest I have left in this game. I play primarily for the Horde vs Alliance war. Bad enough that arena and rated games ignore this, but if even randoms did, I would feel no reason to play. If you want a fast queue, transfer to Alliance.

Imagine Blue on Blue. They would both stand in the middle and see who can lose the fastest......"No after you." "No after you, I insist." "No after you, its my pleasure." hahaha O it was funny in my head.

Also when I get put on the Alliance side, I get that small sigh of disappointment. Its all forgotten when I run out the gates and crash into the other team. The two hardest things to remember are map orientation and the score board, the amount of times I have looked up and seen Alliance two flags to one, and gone fark me we losing....... Then i remember ooo that's right I'm the alliance today.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    it does seem silly that horde vs. horde or alliance vs. alliance is implemented in rbgs and not in regular ones. especially given that im sure more people participate in regular bgs than they do in rated bgs so it really doesnt make sense to alienate the larger population by causing one faction to wait longer than the other.

i used to care about the immersion of the horde vs. alliance conflict and was considerably more passionate about pvp back before cross server queues happened. there was a sense of nobility and community when you would queue up and face off against people whom you probably have ran into multiple times while venturing around the world. this isnt the case anymore as the number of times you might run into someone you know is quite small.

so yea, i see little reason to not implement horde vs. horde or alliance vs. alliance normal bgs. a priority system would be a good idea as well. the matchmaking system could try and pair horde vs. alliance teams for the first 5 mins and then afterwards it starts to form same faction teams. just my .02

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    If they did that, it would kill the last bit of immersion and interest I have left in this game. I play primarily for the Horde vs Alliance war. Bad enough that arena and rated games ignore this, but if even randoms did, I would feel no reason to play. If you want a fast queue, transfer to Alliance.
    there used to be a time when i felt like that too. hell i didnt care about 20, 30 or even 1 hour queues back in vanilla because i cared about who i was playing against. the server our guild played on had a very positive and active community amongst the pvp crowd so the games were almost always worth the wait. seeing as how a lot of that immersion is basically gone due to faction transfers and cross server queues i just simply dont care anymore as the chances of running into anyone i might know or recognize is slim to none.

i should point out that im not saying cross server queues are bad. they just simply negatively impacted my playing experience. to each their own however

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    Blizzard has said they were monitoring this closely and working hard to find a solution. IMO, the solution has been in front of us this entire time, and am quite confused why Horde vs. Horde for random BG's has not yet been implemented.
    You know this means nothing at all right? I can find you blue posts saying there is nothing wrong with paladins or death knights in season 5. It is nothing other then Blizzards latest BS.

lol
    Last edited by Brooxi; 2014-01-12 at 02:59 AM.

This change only helps Horde and will encourage even more people to transfer from Alliance to Horde.
    In the end there will be no Alliance left to queue with.
    Lol at the people saying Alliance vs Alliance, as if that would occur in a Horde-heavy scenario.

So to avoid the queue times you want to fuck up the imbalance even further?

Just allow both factions to play together on pve servers, including in BGs.

Just do what SWTOR does, same faction vs same faction, and call a battle drill. Easy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    it does seem silly that horde vs. horde or alliance vs. alliance is implemented in rbgs and not in regular ones. especially given that im sure more people participate in regular bgs than they do in rated bgs so it really doesnt make sense to alienate the larger population by causing one faction to wait longer than the other.

i used to care about the immersion of the horde vs. alliance conflict and was considerably more passionate about pvp back before cross server queues happened. there was a sense of nobility and community when you would queue up and face off against people whom you probably have ran into multiple times while venturing around the world. this isnt the case anymore as the number of times you might run into someone you know is quite small.

so yea, i see little reason to not implement horde vs. horde or alliance vs. alliance normal bgs. a priority system would be a good idea as well. the matchmaking system could try and pair horde vs. alliance teams for the first 5 mins and then afterwards it starts to form same faction teams. just my .02

- - - Updated - - -

there used to be a time when i felt like that too. hell i didnt care about 20, 30 or even 1 hour queues back in vanilla because i cared about who i was playing against. the server our guild played on had a very positive and active community amongst the pvp crowd so the games were almost always worth the wait. seeing as how a lot of that immersion is basically gone due to faction transfers and cross server queues i just simply dont care anymore as the chances of running into anyone i might know or recognize is slim to none.

i should point out that im not saying cross server queues are bad. they just simply negatively impacted my playing experience. to each their own however
    agreed with everything said here.

to be honest the only time I can find my self "immersed" in this game is when I am leveling up a character or soloing old content and am high off my ass. I think it is because of Rated BG's that I really haven't even thought of the concept of PvP immersion in some time. Looking back, old school AV gave me the deepest immersion I have ever felt. But like I said, Rated BG's killed it for me, and i think its time to get out queue times back to normal

I don't see why not. Hell, even without considering the sometimes awful queue times, this would be a fun idea.

sure but you're not allowed any of the classic AV/WSG/AB reps, you're not beating back the alliance you're just fucking around so no reputation.

10-15 mins is 2 much to wait???? be patient imo. That is not a bad wait time at all. Heck you can repair, review logs, check auctions, bio or whatever between BG's and still be in queue. I don't see an issue that needs to be fixed, esp if it means that you could be forced into same faction BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    10-15 mins is 2 much to wait???? be patient imo. That is not a bad wait time at all. Heck you can repair, review logs, check auctions, bio or whatever between BG's and still be in queue. I don't see an issue that needs to be fixed, esp if it means that you could be forced into same faction BG's.
    if it takes you 15minutes to bio, repair, and check auctions combined you're doing something wrong.

in my europe battleground i even get instant invites when i play alliance, even though alliance is used as master faction for pvp here unlike in u.s. But i think its also cause horde is just prefered for pve and these pve dudes outnumber us pvp guys by a big margin and you notice it in random bgs.

However, if you are horde in europe the invite times are no longer than probably 4 mins, most of the time its shorter usually 2 mins.

Faction vs Faction can be bad in random bgs too, you fight an strong pvp server of your own faction with some pve noobs ;> i think alliance will not like that as their invite times are about 1 sec, allready.

Alliance has no style only benefits. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    in my europe battleground i even get instant invites when i play alliance, even though alliance is used as master faction for pvp here unlike in u.s. But i think its also cause horde is just prefered for pve and these pve dudes outnumber us pvp guys by a big margin and you notice it in random bgs.

However, if you are horde in europe the invite times are no longer than probably 4 mins, most of the time its shorter usually 2 mins.

Faction vs Faction can be bad in random bgs too, you fight an strong pvp server of your own faction with some pve noobs ;> i think alliance will not like that as their invite times are about 1 sec, allready.

Alliance has no style only benefits. :P
    confused. strong pvp server ?

I'm all for it.

Would be good, but didn't one of the blues already say that this is a last resort idea? I can't see them finding any other way around it, all they're doing is delaying the inevitable.