Poll: Horde Vs. Horde BG's to solve Que time!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    confused. strong pvp server ?
    It will be crystal clear when the enemy line up is mostly consisting of outland alliance while you are in the alliance faction, or i think for u.s. Tichondrius if you are horde and face your own faction.

Such inbalances exist every day, and making factions obsolete will not help it.

Certainly it will not help allliance population, cause there need to be benefits for playing that faction, style and pve isn't one of them, but quick invites are an argument.

This would make sense.

So they'll never do it because blizzard never does anything that makes sense when it comes to PVP.

I registered just to vote yes on this.

Make it so.

But then how will I spam forums about how badly my specific factions sucks at a specific battleground.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

No, do not even go there.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    No, do not even go there.
    please explain why not to go there? I can almost taste your annoyance with the idea. But we already do it for RBGs. I have heard a few reasons batted around in the forum so far and would love to hear more, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    It will be crystal clear when the enemy line up is mostly consisting of outland alliance while you are in the alliance faction, or i think for u.s. Tichondrius if you are horde and face your own faction.

Such inbalances exist every day, and making factions obsolete will not help it.

Certainly it will not help allliance population, cause there need to be benefits for playing that faction, style and pve isn't one of them, but quick invites are an argument.
    how would that even happen? We are in battlegroups. I.E. multiple different realms. You never(rarely) have a group that is a premade and all from one server. And how exactly would making factions obsolete cause any kind of imbalance? Think we got a lil language barrier/broken engrish goin on here. someone chime in if you understand what he is saying please.
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2014-01-15 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    please explain why not to go there? I can almost taste your annoyance with the idea. But we already do it for RBGs. I have heard a few reasons batted around in the forum so far and would love to hear more, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

how would that even happen? We are in battlegroups. I.E. multiple different realms. You never(rarely) have a group that is a premade and all from one server. And how exactly would making factions obsolete cause any kind of imbalance? Think we got a lil language barrier/broken engrish goin on here. someone chime in if you understand what he is saying please.
    I face players of the same faction and server in big groups, many times while doing bgs. So something must be wrong in your statement. I simply don't think it is good and something people really want, If there is no problem to begin with, as its the case in europe.

U.S. can use this cause the invite times for horde are way too long, but a generalization is not needed here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    Yeah, I like the system in Rift where you would individually be put on the other side as a merc, could be cool if you get the opposite appearance as well.
    However you still got the "Oh <faction> again, lets afk because you can't win anyway" and "Meh <faction> always loses".
    The difference being that in Rift it was generally completely untrue - because all the racial abilities were mirrored between the faction - rather than one being markedly stronger in PvP - generally leading to all the serious PvP'rs siding on the same faction.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

There is one flaw in OPs logic, it is in place for RBGs, but it isn't fully setup and bug free in RBGs. How about this...... if I do an Ally v Ally RBG I cannot loot the corpses because they are 'of the same faction" its been years and this issue still hasn't been solved. Explain to me how this would not anger people doing Randoms?

Horde vs. Horde is not an adequate solution.

Mixed faction on each side (with CoT-style morphing of character models) is the better solution. Take those alliance bads and spread them out evenly on both sides.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they'd just do away with all the separation stuff between the factions. I'd be fine with red vs blue. And I'd also be fine with cross-faction guilds. Have PvP enabled in the world, no problem. But be in a guild together. That would be cool. After all, you can be on my real ID while you bash my head in. Why shouldn't you be in my guild too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    I face players of the same faction and server in big groups, many times while doing bgs. So something must be wrong in your statement. I simply don't think it is good and something people really want, If there is no problem to begin with, as its the case in europe.

U.S. can use this cause the invite times for horde are way too long, but a generalization is not needed here.
    1. According to this poll alone as of 1/15, 68% want it.
    2. There is a problem to begin with. Stop arguing just for argument sake dude. The problem is waiting 15minutes to do the one thing that I want to do in this game. And the opposing faction has an instant que. Explain how that is not a problem?
    3. Generalizing? Generalizing what? The world? You're in Europe bud. I have been talking about US this entire time. Essentially, for the sake of this post, you don't even really...count?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    There is one flaw in OPs logic, it is in place for RBGs, but it isn't fully setup and bug free in RBGs. How about this...... if I do an Ally v Ally RBG I cannot loot the corpses because they are 'of the same faction" its been years and this issue still hasn't been solved. Explain to me how this would not anger people doing Randoms?
    Huh I had no idea, thanks for pointing that out! To be honest I really never even loot bodies unless its a Lock or Shaman (SS/Ahnk. Hm... can they even do that in RBG?)
    What's the loot, a couple silver? J/w

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Horde vs. Horde is not an adequate solution.

Mixed faction on each side (with CoT-style morphing of character models) is the better solution. Take those alliance bads and spread them out evenly on both sides.
    Hm, interesting. First I have heard of this idea for I don't know much about CoT. You'd be OK with being an Orc and having a Human teammate or vice versa?