Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    My personal list:

Mass Effect Trilogy (specifically 2,3,1)
    -Storyline, characterization, emotional content
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    -storyline, super-badass protagonist with good hair and awesome sunglasses
    BioShock Infinite
    -Immersive, drew me into the game and the end was such a strange twist
    Skyrim
    -It's a country, in a box.
    Dragon Age Origins
    -Again with the characterization and storyline
    World of Warcraft
    -The king of MMOs.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2014-01-14 at 02:24 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

World of Warcraft.

It overshadows any games I have ever tried or ever will try when it comes to amount of enjoyment and value for money. I've been playing WoW for moving on 6 years now without unsubbing, most games give what...40 hours of gameplay and then you've "cleared" it?

Red Dead Redemption however is the best console game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. It gave me a lot more than 40 hours of enjoyment simply thanks to the sandbox world that it provides.

Deleted
    Quake 3 Arena not on your list......... Blasphemy.

TES Skyrim/Oblivion
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Mass Effect 1 (2 and 3 also but 1 was my favorite)
    World of Warcraft (Vanilla, BC and WotLK only)

Deleted
    1. Spyro The Dragon
    2. Bioshock Infinite
    3. Half-Life 2
    4. Super Mario 64
    5. Pokemon Blue Gameboy
    6. Bioshock
    7. World of Warcraft
    8. Half-Life
    9. Crash Bandicoot
    10. Red & Alert: Yuri

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading comments so far made me realize 4 things:

1) I forgot like at least 30 games that people mentioned that should be in my top 100. But even without them, I really believe it's still a good list.

2) Adventure games are really not my forte . With some exceptions that made it into my list, I generally thought them to be too hard and avoided them when I was a kid during the big adventure game era, so I missed titles like Myst etc. I played adventure games several years after they were released.

3) People seem to be assuming that nostalgia of the older games plays a big role when picking favorites. On the one hand they are right, but on the other these games really stand out even so many years later. I'm pretty sure if these games are remade with better graphics but everything else stays the same, these same people will probably love them.

4) The exact opposite thing happens with newer games. The quality of games hasn't really dropped in the last 25 years or more, but people are acting as if only the older games are truly great.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-01-16 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to be assuming that nostalgia of the older games plays a big role when picking favorites.
    Nostalgia is not a problem when picking favorites. It is a problem when you claim that a game is "the best of all time". There's a difference between "things I like" and "things that are good".

the original ps2 .hack games (including //g.u.)
    the golden sun series (including dark dawn)
    King's field series
    Shadow tower series
    the souls series (Demon/Dark)
    half-life 2
    pokemon (Gen 1-3)

^my best :x
    Last edited by Shink; 2014-01-17 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best game of all time happens to be whatever I am playing the most at the moment.

I learnt the hard way that tying to revisit games and indulging in nostalgia permanently scars the memory of the game.

I looked at Wing Commander the other day... For my "once" best game of all time, it's an abomination now - nothing compared to what I imagine "Star Citizen" will be.

COuple of my all time favorite games are Ultima underworld's, Sam and max Hit the road and Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis. For me these games should be on the list.

Deleted
    Secret of mana a thousand times!
    Chrono Trigger + it's DS revamp
    The entire Pokémon series|
    Mario Kart SNES and Mario Kart 7
    Rome : Total War
    God of War series
    Dynasty Warriors
    Skyrim
    Onimusha
    WoW ( Duh )
    World of Tanks ( Inbe4 people start to flame me )
    Unreal Tournament 2004, Whenever i meet up with my brother, it is an ancient tradition that either one of us challenges the other in a 1v1 duel, it's been like that ever since 2006 when he went to live on his own.
    Street Fighter II
    Bioshock:Infinite
    Grand Theft Auto II, III & V

Honestly, i can write down games that i love/loved to play all day long....
    Last edited by mmoc2b968f23cc; 2014-01-19 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All Spyros up until hero's Tail
    Legend of Dragoon
    Mario 64
    Zelda: OoC
    Contra
    Ninja Turtles Turtles through Time (or something like that)
    Shadow Hearts
    ALL Pokemon
    Persona 3 Portable
    Final Fantasy 4/8/10
    First Champions of Norrath
    Goldeneye
    Mario Kart 64
    Dragon Age Origins
    Mass Effect Trillogy
    Drakan: Ancient Gates

I know Im missing a ton but those are off the top of my head. If I had to pick one from that list, Legend of Dragoon is my favorite game of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I like CoD, what's the big deal with it? I've probably spend as much time on MW2 and MW3 as I have on WoW and enjoyed it just as much.
    The big deal is that CoD has ceased to be innovative. It is now a cash cow for the companies making it. There has been 23445345 different games with little variation and everyone buys it like sheep. And the season pass that comes with it. And the stupidly high priced DLC. The game NEVER goes on sale for more than 10 - 25% off on steam when it is the current game. And RAREly goes on sale until another game or 2 has been released. When it DOES go on sale its only the game and never anything that you can get after that like the DLC or season pass.

And buying a map pack with maps that were in the last games. Absolutely not. Maps used to be a community driven thing. I miss those days.
    Last edited by SoulForge; 2014-01-19 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator128 View Post
    everytime i see CoD on anyone best top list, a part of my soul dies
    HEY MW and MW2 were great games! :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    HEY MW and MW2 were great games! :O
    No! Call of Duty 4 was the last playable CoD Game.

Deleted
    In no particular order:

World of Warcraft (2004)
    Quake Trilogy (1996 - 1999)
    Unreal Tournament (1999)
    Fallout (1997-1998)
    Rollercoaster Tycoon (1999)
    Jagged Alliance (1994 - 1999)
    The Elder Scrolls (1994 - 2011)
    Might & Magic III - VI (1993 - 1998)
    Heroes of Might and Magic III (1998)
    Secret of Mana (1993)
    Zelda: A Link to the past (1991)
    Terranigma (1995)
    Grand Theft Auto (1997 - 2013)
    Deus Ex (2000 - 2011)
    Dungeon Keeper (1997)
    Commandos (1998)
    MDK (1997)
    WarCraft (1994 - 2003)
    Diablo 2 (2000)
    SimCity (not the remake) (1989 - 2003)
    The Sims 2 (2004)
    Minecraft (2011)
    Dragon Age: Origins (2009)
    Mega Man (1987 - 2010)
    Super Mario World (1991)
    Super Mario Kart (1992)
    Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)
    Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn (1995)
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert (1996)
    Jedi Knight (1995)
    MechWarrior 2 (1995)
    Anno (A.D. in U.S.) (1998 - 2011)
    Half-Life (1998)

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    8: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

People who have never played this will probably be like, "why is this in a top 10 of all time?". People who have played this will be like "why isn't this higher in the list"? This game is the greatest representative of the excellent Castlevania series by miles, adding Super Metroid's and Zelda games' brilliant norms of exploration and item acquisition while still requiring a very action-packed manner of play. The sublime game design, ranging from characters, level design and enemies will keep you in awe as you venture into the bizarre world of Dracula's castle. And by castle I mean castles. This game has such a huge amount of depth that requires the player becoming completely immersed into the game in order to absorb everything there is, and oh boy there is so much. I didn't know there was a second castle until I started reading FAQs on the internet when I played it as a kid, and I didn't even know you could play other characters than Alucard. And don't get me started on the soundtrack... This is Konami's greatest accomplishment, and that says a TON.
    HELL YES!

Loved this game! might haveto find an emulator to play it again as I don't have any clue where it is anymore.

Deleted
    No one mentions the Wild Arms series? I'm shocked...
    The list of the OP could be mine but here are some additions I have fond memories of

Kings Quest 7-8
    Theme Park/Hospital
    Leisure Suit Larry 7 - maybe it was just the excitement of playing a "pron" game while the parents were home
    Ninja Gaiden - All of 'em
    Ultima 9 Ascension
    Outcast - Though I never finished it
    Alone in the Dark 1-3
    Alan Wake
    Beyond Good & Evil - Didn't expect much from this but played it from start to end in one session
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Carmageddon 1-3 - Especially Multiplayer
    Heavy Rain
    Beyond Two Souls
    Last of us

My most enjoyed game would be Morrowind, especially when considering cash vs time spent. I have played Oblivion and Skyrim as well, but they don't compare to Morrowind at all in terms of depth and story if you discount mods. Without factoring in mods, I'd rank them: Morrowind >> Skyrim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oblivion.

The main reason why I like Morrowind more than it's successors is probably because it has a lot more RPG in it. I really dislike the lack of dialogue, lack of a proper journal (although Morrowind's was terrible without the expansions), lack of consequences/choices, lack of character development and hand-holding that infested the later games. Skyrim has good gameplay but the retarded factions that make you guild master after a few quests are terribly implemented and the complete scrapping of stats is a large let-down for me (I also prefer WotLK style talents to the MoP ones for instance). Oblivion was even worse at factions and had terrible level scaling in the game and requires a lot of mods to make it enjoyable for me. The game started out great when I first exited the sewer, but then every Goblin turned into a bigger one as I levelled, every Marauder/Bandit suddenly got Ebony/Elven and later on Daedric/Glass, some enemy types would only be seen at very specific levels (Dreugh, Frost Atronachs etc).

The only thing I disliked about Morrowind (and Oblivion) was it's levelling system. You typically had to remember how many endurance skills you'd levelled and train some other non-major endurance skill just to get a x5 modifier at the level-up screen. But I've always ran with levelling mods to counter that.