10+ Year Old Account

Random Old God voices?

So I logged into my DK alt today to tank some LFRs (no item that would cause this in my inverntory, no archeology, so not DBM), and I've heard an Old God-esque voice speak to me twice now (definitely not C'thun, sounded closer to Yogg or Y'shaaj), The first time I was tanking Spoils, and couldn't make out what was being said due to combat sounds, but i could definitely hear the voice, I shrugged it off thinking some other player on my side had some kind of item that could cause it, but still found it odd, as I am aware of no such item. The second time, I was just AFK in Twilight Highlands while eating and I heard the voice again, this time saying "When you walk among the Black Forest, you will see..."

Definitely interesting, and this has never happened to me before on this toon, or any other. Has anyone else had an experience like this recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    So I logged into my DK alt today to tank some LFRs (no item that would cause this in my inverntory, no archeology, so not DBM), and I've heard an Old God-esque voice speak to me twice now (definitely not C'thun, sounded closer to Yogg or Y'shaaj), The first time I was tanking Spoils, and couldn't make out what was being said due to combat sounds, but i could definitely hear the voice, I shrugged it off thinking some other player on my side had some kind of item that could cause it, but still found it odd, as I am aware of no such item. The second time, I was just AFK in Twilight Highlands while eating and I heard the voice again, this time saying "When you walk among the Black Forest, you will see..."

Definitely interesting, and this has never happened to me before on this toon, or any other. Has anyone else had an experience like this recently?
    That's a quote from http://www.wowhead.com/item=103649

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, now that would explain it, thank you, first time being on him for a decent period of time with it equipped

yeah i just got it and freaked out when i heard some random scary sounding man coming from my computer speakers while i was in the bathroom

Deleted
    Haha, I wondered the same thing. Thanks!

Dagnabbit... am I the only one who still really wants TBD.... or at least more old god lore? They're intriguing to me! Reading this thread had me excited for a second that something new was going on.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Dagnabbit... am I the only one who still really wants TBD.... or at least more old god lore? They're intriguing to me! Reading this thread had me excited for a second that something new was going on.
    TBD - the dark below, why you think it's Old God Expansion, it could be almost everything.

Please, can we have one expansion on azeroth with no Old Gods in it? God its starting to get annoying.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mars; equator 16; elevated plateau 1P1, section 43, building Z1, room ru76
    It seems that all of you are schizoid

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    posting in a 'hey look i finally got my weapon to drop', thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right here.

I'd love to have an expansion featuring N'Zoth or other Old Gods. Especially one that involves going down into the underworld of Azeroth and exploring hidden lands and sunken kingdoms.