Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Weapon drops in raids - am I the only one who's pissed off as hell?

Seriously this is not even funny, as a 8/14 HC raid, I have been killing galakras and golden lotus protectors for months now, and the weapon never ever ever ever drops from either of them. I understand with 6% drop rate it's supposed to be rare, but when with ilevel inflation and warforged weapon equals about 30-40% of your dps, it's plain stupid. I started at almost top of dps meters for my guild, but now I am barely able to compete with tanks. Suggestion: every boss that drops a weapon should drop it 100% of the time + 1 other item. Or make 1-2 ilevel difference between tiers instead of 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    The random number generator is a whore, a dirty filthy whore. It took me two years to get King's Defender from Karazhan. I got the freaking mount before I got that damn sword!

Sucks to be unlucky I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Just as a curiosity, are you 10m or 25?

10+ Year Old Account
    if it makes you feel any better my rogue friend was using blue daggers from start of MoP till ToES came out because daggers would not drop....on ANY difficult from neither MSV or HOF for months. so don't feel bad....oh i also coined HWF cloaks vs trinket 3x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    The random number generator is a whore, a dirty filthy whore. It took me two years to get King's Defender from Karazhan. I got the freaking mount before I got that damn sword!
    I sympathize with all my heart, but I still laughed out loud. That is epically horrible luck! xD
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Random is random
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

It is a little bullshit. Our rogue was using a 502 dagger and a 509 dagger until our 8th Thok kill. He went a full 2 tiers without weapons.

OP: Are you a 10-man raider? If so, that's just the luck of the RNG, I guess. Personally, my 25-man sees all kinds of weapons dropping every raid. Hell, even my 10-man was fairly lucky with weapon drops (but caster trinkets? Nooooooo).
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Ask other people how they feel when they need a weapon or trinket from a boss that drop tier in 10 man raid.

An sp weapon hasn't dropped 7 weeks in a row for us on 11/14hm farm runs, then I coined 2 gazes of arrogance back to back. 10man loot is RNG shit just gota deal with it.

I'll steal a term from Monster Hunter and call it the "Desire Sensor" ;P I didn't need any weapons from the last raid I did, yet I recieved an additional staff, main hand and offhand all in the same night. So yes, the RNG is really, really shitty, but I'm willing to bet if I had actually wanted any of those items, I wouldn't have gotten them!

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    OP: Are you a 10-man raider? If so, that's just the luck of the RNG, I guess. Personally, my 25-man sees all kinds of weapons dropping every raid. Hell, even my 10-man was fairly lucky with weapon drops (but caster trinkets? Nooooooo).
    I ran in a normal 25 man for 3 weeks on my alt and it's almost caught up in ilvl with my 10 man heroic main. 25 mans get so many items, little item waste, and so much warforged gear it's not even funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Seriously this is not even funny, as a 8/14 HC raid, I have been killing galakras and golden lotus protectors for months now, and the weapon never ever ever ever drops from either of them. I understand with 6% drop rate it's supposed to be rare, but when with ilevel inflation and warforged weapon equals about 30-40% of your dps, it's plain stupid. I started at almost top of dps meters for my guild, but now I am barely able to compete with tanks. Suggestion: every boss that drops a weapon should drop it 100% of the time + 1 other item. Or make 1-2 ilevel difference between tiers instead of 30.
    my 10HC got the healing mace from Dark Shaman 3 times, agi dagger from Nourshen for our Rogue, and last night was our first Nazgrim kill and we got the 2h mace and our OT got one on a coin. RNG is a true bitch. I've killed Immerseus 26 total times (18 times normal/heroic) and rolled a coin for each norm/heroic kill. I've never seen the holy pally boots. I'm still wearing crafted ToT boots, I'm 569 ilvl and still wearing ilvl 530 BOOTS! RNG is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    every boss that drops a weapon should drop it 100% of the time
    Sorry, but this is an insanely stupid idea.. in one reset several, maybe half your raid would get weapons.. now you would just be getting a useless weapon for DE every week.. doesn't really fix anything does it?
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    RNG is a bad, bad thing. I don't have a problem with weapons but I don't remember the last time that a ring dropped. But you know what drops all the time in SoO? Cloaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jichi View Post
    But you know what drops all the time in SoO? Cloaks.
    People who aren't in the extremely low% of players who have finished their legendary cloaks say hello.

herioc warforged cloaks has got to be the stupidest idea blizz has ever come up with. Don't give me that 'oh, its for people without the legendary cloak' bs. You shouldnt be in herioc raids without the cloak.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    herioc warforged cloaks has got to be the stupidest idea blizz has ever come up with. Don't give me that 'oh, its for people without the legendary cloak' bs. You shouldnt be in herioc raids without the cloak.
    Cloak takes a few months to grind out. Some guilds are building up alts for next patch/expansion, ergo there's a use for the cloaks, at least for a little while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    They really should've taken cloaks off the heroic loot table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.