View Poll Results: Hunchbacks on the new models

Voters
357. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep them

    110 30.81%
  • Soften them

    100 28.01%
  • Remove them

    147 41.18%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Some of the races have always been hulking and/or hunched over, it fits them well.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It's just a WoW model viewer screenshot, paused halfway through his /bow emote with his shoulder armour disabled! It's a great way to get a good look at what an unhunched orc might look like.



    Look I even made a gif to show the difference. Everyone here is asking for no hunches and shit but I don't think anyone actually has a clue on how Blizz could pull it off.

    Looks like my freeze from of the current orc model in walking motion. They only hunch when they stop moving.


    Felt like playing a little, rough but self indulgent. Will make a better one later.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacetauren View Post
    Some of the races have always been hulking and/or hunched over, it fits them well.
    Yeah, but never orcs before or after WOW. Did you know that?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    I think there should an option for hunched or not hunched for races. Also for undeads there can a option to show or not show bones while wearing armor just like DK voice changer. I find it a little weird that my undead's bones are showing even when he is wearing armor.
    Lorewise, the plague mutates you into a demonic zombie. Your bones grow like armor, that's why ghouls look like undead muppets.

    One of 2004's CD sleeve art of I believe Thavirat's beautiful game evoking art, his paintings are pretty much the models if they were updated to look exactly if they were polished to a sheen but retained their own original design.

    In her case its like in death she dessicated and shrank, losing body fluid and moisture, making the skeleton larger than her dead flesh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    lol you are so agressive that it's funny. It seems like your hold argument is that "so what? I and "army of people" want it so it should happen and I don't care about anyone". You believe that orc deserve it so nothing will change your mind. I would say it would be a good addition but so are many other things.
    Actually a solid reasonable example would change my mind. You're just not very articulate and you're mostly trying to defend a "hunch" you have as if it's worth taking into account. Of course Blizzard is going to tread carefully in these waters, but your objections are just disproportionate to the issue's value all because you don't value the issue and are unable to play devil's advocate. And apparently that means I care too much, making me biased, and you dismiss my counters with nothing but handwaving now. That's basically conceding, along with your covert aggressive diagnosis of me under the harmless guise of "funny", so I don't see what else you want to say. I am actually able to look at this from both points of view, and in my opinion make a judgement. You've got nothing but essentially a glorified "what if".

    You do not seem to understand the only answer your "but what if" warrants is "maybe, so what". This is one of the single most universally requested changes in the history of the game that is not based on people simply not liking WOW's graphical style. It's based on wanting the game to be MORE like the spirit of the graphical style. This isn't asking for arbitrary changes to eye angles or wrist size.

    My aggressiveness is playful and self deprecating and borderline absurd. Have at me, scurvy knave. <3
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-01-13 at 08:13 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    I hate, HATE the hunch of the male trolls. Can't see tabards for squat, let along chestpieces. Let em evolve please and stop the Neandertroll hunching.
    You deserve that for rolling a troll. I bet it was for racial anyway so suck it.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  4. #164
    Actually a solid reasonable example would change my mind. You're just not very articulate and you're mostly trying to defend a "hunch" you have as if it's worth taking into account. Of course Blizzard is going to tread carefully in these waters, but your objections are just disproportionate to the issue's value all because you don't value the issue and are unable to play devil's advocate. And apparently that means I care too much, making me biased, and you dismiss my counters with nothing but handwaving now. That's basically conceding, along with your covert aggressive diagnosis of me under the harmless guise of "funny", so I don't see what else you want to say. I am actually able to look at this from both points of view, and in my opinion make a judgement. You've got nothing but essentially a glorified "what if".

    You do not seem to understand the only answer your "but what if" warrants is "maybe, so what". This is one of the single most universally requested changes in the history of the game that is not based on people simply not liking WOW's graphical style. It's based on wanting the game to be MORE like the spirit of the graphical style. This isn't asking for arbitrary changes to eye angles or wrist size.

    My aggressiveness is playful and self deprecating and borderline absurd. Have at me, scurvy knave. <3
    I have never defended a hunch... Where did you get that from? I just question the necessity and priority of adding new model for orc. I have never seen you look at both point of view ever. You are extremely obsessed with the idea that orc "deserve" to have new optional model before other races.

    Thing like optional model could only add to the game but the question is if it's worth the time and resource? The problem that orcs were not orginally hunched is the one that a lot of average WoW player are not even aware of. Things like brown orc or dark iron dwarf seem far easier to implement.

  5. #165
    Herald of the Titans Simulacrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,869
    The hunch that almost every single horde male character has is the main reason almost all of my characters are female.

    I wish they'd remove it, but I don't expect them to.
    Dr Johnson, they said: “we are delighted to find that you’ve not included any indecent or obscene words in your dictionary.”
    “Ladies, said dr Johnson, “I can congratulate you on being able to look them up.”

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I have never defended a hunch... Where did you get that from? I just question the necessity and priority of adding new model for orc. I have never seen you look at both point of view ever. You are extremely obsessed with the idea that orc "deserve" to have new optional model before other races.

    Thing like optional model could only add to the game but the question is if it's worth the time and resource? The problem that orcs were not orginally hunched is the one that a lot of average WoW player are not even aware of. Things like brown orc or dark iron dwarf seem far easier to implement.
    I was using the word hunch as in the idiom, as in an intuitive suspicion, which is all you're objection is based on.

    hunch (hnch)
    n.
    1. An intuitive feeling or a premonition: (had a hunch that he would lose.)

    You're implying Chris Robinson is wasting developer resources on this concept because people might be unhappy about a hypothetical loss of new art assets it's impossible for you to even gauge. It's like being sad about a sandwhich you found out you might never eat that never had a guarantee of being made or offered to you in the first place, and that could and would very well still be given to you a freshly made by hand a few days later.

    I have never seen you look at both point of view ever
    I can only guess that might be because beyond your struggles with articulating ideas and playing devil's advocate you indulge in indulgent projection and only see the straw man of me you made. I think the beard is off by the way, you could improve on my mustache a little with some more cotton there. And some more straw in the belly.

    To demonstrate the bubble you're living in, I will point out that I have argued for expanded customization and altered body types for every race for years. I understand completely that someone who doesn't care about orcs would see it as unfair. That doesn't mean I stop having my own opinion once I understand their point of view, you don't have to adopt someone's opinion to understand their opinion. You're saying now that because I disagree with them I don't look at their point of view.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •