Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't know if it has been mentioned but BMI is bullshit anyhow. Muscles for example weight more than fat.

And Varabently, muscle is better because they bring stability to the bone and not just burden it. Sorry my english is bad, I'm from Germany. But if you exercise often, your heart muscle gets stronger too!

Oh and by the survival part, our bodies are slowly (take like 1000 years a step) acommodatin to our "city" livestyles.

And of course lifting 400 lbs (probably 200 kg?) once isn't great for survivability, it's more a fitness programm of strength and agility dense muscles not thick ones, even though that depends on someones genes.

Quote Originally Posted by Musik-Diversity86 View Post
    Yes there are those who are ONLY obsessed with looks but that is basically a minority of people there. This isn't the year 2000 anymore and most healthy, thin, muscular people are not like that. How bad was your life that you have this screwed up view of people who feel happy taking care of their bodies? You only addressed one piece of my post and not the rest.

You said we should never judge people because we might miss a chance to meet a nice person. Well then why are you completely dismissing the "healthy" people when they themselves can be just the same? You are basically making yourself sound more like a hypocrite in that way. Besides, it's human nature to judge.

We don't negatively judge but we do in one way or another. From this thread alone, you sound like someone who is overweight so it would be best to make the change little buddy. I made the change and I am happy for it. You don't sound like a nice person because you are doing exactly what you say you hate others do. You referenced "shallow hal". Yeah that is a great movie but you are doing exactly what a shallow person does.. you are judging them by their looks and completely hating them because you see them as this negative soul and you dismiss them entirely.
    I never said I would not date a toned person. I would because body isnt important to me (nor should it be for anyone) I judge people actions, not their looks, and that does not make me a hypocrite.

Also the more you exercise the faster your heart beats which in turn hastens your death since youre born with a set number of heartbeats and the faster you use them up, the faster you die, so by not exercising, you live long, because it takes a longer time for your heart to beat the number of beats it has

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2014-01-14 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I would rather have a fit healthy body and die at 70 than be overweight, unfit and live a few extra years.
    well skinny doesn´t have to mean healthy and overweight doesn´t have to mean morbidly obese out of shape.

OP - Your conclusion is flawed and in no way backed by the data.

lol study based on anything with BMI as a parameter
    8 year olds Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffypally View Post
    I sound immature because I find people who are overweight, unattractive?

whatever lol.
    No, you sound immature because of "how" you say it.

"overweight people are disgusting and gross" really 10 pounds is disgusting and gross, that's not normal and is quite over the top. 25+-30+ is usually when people start pulling away but 10 pounds over ideal and you're like "disgusting!" it's really immature and way way way shallow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    And that's why racist or dumb people call me racist when I say that most blacks and jews piss me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    But the first thing that comes to mind when I think of a black person is either Morpheus, Steve Harvey, or some guy in jail.
    Uh...huh

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Im not calling "toned" people shallow simply because they are toned. Im calling the ones who say they will only date toned people shallow since they are obsessed with the looks of who they want to date, rather than their personality and what they can offer to the relationship. Most "toned" people however ARE vain since they are obsessed with having the perfect body to present to the world in hopes they will be accepted.
    You sound super sour about fit/toned people. Wat happen?

I'm sure you have your preference in the way a person looks. Suuuuure, it's also the inside that matter etcetera etcetera, and still you can't deny that physical attraction plays a big role for pretty much any human being. If someone likes being fit, or likes fit people, then who the hell are you to judge them for liking these people?

Your statements are awfully ironic to say the least, since you take the form as a hero for people that are being judged, yet, you do exactly the same that those judgmental people are doing. Judge.

I don't care. I don't do sport because i want to live long, but because i like it.
    Congratulations for having an excuse not to do anything about it, OP, but that's not why most healthy people are healthy.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Also the more you exercise the faster your heart beats which in turn hastens your death since youre born with a set number of heartbeats and the faster you use them up, the faster you die, so by not exercising, you live long, because it takes a longer time for your heart to beat the number of beats it has
    That's the dumbest thing I've read in a long while. Thanks for the snigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Don't see the issue with that
    D'oh I coulda sworn you'd written "slimmer" not "fitter" my bad; apologies
    "Moral reason must learn how to make coercion its ally without running the risk of a Pyrrhic victory in which the ally exploits and negates the triumph."

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    The major problem is most people fall into the obese BMI index yet THINK they are only overweight.
    Yep. I think the numbers indicate that someone my size (5'1", 108 lb) is "overweight" by like 3 lbs or some shit and no one would consider that as such.

[...]
    Isn't that just a theory? Wouldn't that mean that people doing sports as profession for years have a significantly lower life expectancy? How is that that some athletes die well into their 90s? Must be those hypothetical 150 year old people then who were given the gift of very old age but they have squandered it well. It doesn't make sense at all anyway because your heart rate is usually higher the more of your own weight you have to carry for the simplest of activities since you have to spend a lot more energy to do so.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) @ Sylvanas EU (retired)
    GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU - When I'm playing WvW I'm really playing LSD.

My Deus Ex:HR soundtrack mixes [FLAC version (3.5 GB)]

of course, but nobody on this forum has said they date exclusively fat people. I date any size person and thats how everyone else should too, otherwise they are shallow
    Except attraction isn't like that... I personally can't force myself to be attracted to everybody... if one person I don't find attractive happens to be fat am I shallow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Isn't that just a theory? Wouldn't that mean that people doing sports as profession for years have a significantly lower life expectancy? How is that that some athletes die well into their 90s? Must be those hypothetical 150 year old people then who were given the gift of very old age but they have squandered it well. It doesn't make sense at all anyway because your heart rate is usually higher the more of your own weight you have to carry for the simplest of activities since you have to spend a lot more energy to do so.
    It's not even a theory. It's garbage made up by uneducated people. You can most likely discard anything he ever says, since he believes in things like that.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

1) Hasn't been proven.
    2) Even if it were true, the resulting fitness from exercise reduces your heart rate for the majority of the time you spend doing things other than exercising, enough so that on average someone who exercises is going to have less heartbeats in a week than someone who doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Who told you that BS? Either way it's recorded fact that obese people suffer irregular heart rate per resting because the hearts under immense preasure. An obese persons heart will undergo the same affects as running a marathon by simply walking up stairs

I would because body isnt important to me (nor should it be for anyone) I judge people actions, not their looks, and that does not make me a hypocrite.
    Someone's appearance is a marker for their actions. You can't separate the two.

There is no set number of beats, that's a myth, but if there was, I'd be pretty well off. Sure, I'm spending an hour per day with my heart rate at ~150, but I'm spending a lot more time with my resting heart rate in the 40s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Yep. I think the numbers indicate that someone my size (5'1", 108 lb) is "overweight" by like 3 lbs or some shit and no one would consider that as such.
    Perhaps the reason people think BMI is stupid is because they're wildly misinformed about it. Your BMI is 20.4, which is on the low end of normal. You'd have to gain 25 pounds to be overweight and 51 pounds to be become obese, which is where the risks really start kicking in.

Was this ever proven? Sounds highly dubious.
    Is it a rule that you have to be rude and sarcastic in every conversation here?

Haha what is this? "Set number of heartbeats"? Oh man thanks for the laugh.

I never said I would not date a toned person. I would because body isnt important to me (nor should it be for anyone) I judge people actions, not their looks, and that does not make me a hypocrite.

What the hell are you smoking because it must be good shit. Are you seriously telling me your heart has a timer on it?

I can't breathe from laughing.

Please, please, take a physical education course. Please.

Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Can we just stop finding ways to approve being fat? It's utterly disgusting.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.