15+ Year Old Account

feral/guardian solo Thorim

Hey all

currently i'm doing some soloing, but i'm getting stuck at thorim, i get him to ump down in the arena, but he doesn't get attackable and despawns within a few secs and resets everything, i've tried multiple tactics to get up to hus room, and do so succesfully, but i just can't tag him up there or down in the arena :S

does someone know a way to get him to be attackable, or did billz just break the encounter on purpose ?
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

If you are trying to solo it you kind of have to glitch the fight. There are several videos online of druids soloing him and a guide on how to do it.

It's a bit harder now that Treants can't be targetted on an area. You basically have to spawn one on the golem at the right time so you can open the grate a second time to get to the last golem before Thorim kills you.

But yeah, some of the youtube videos give you the right idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my video on soloing thorim watch?v=izakcauSrgk It's pretty simple if you bring in one of the guardians from the inner circle area where Auriaya is walking about.

The reason for using Treants to hold the guardian there is so that once the treant despawns, the guardian runs to me in the gauntlet, aggroing the trash that it runs through to activate the encounter. Before killing the last enemy of that trash pack, be sure to have the first door opened.

I tried to solo him on my DK, it was too fiddly and eventually decided screw it. I dual boxed an alt and just left her in the arena.

If you only have one account, ask someone to park a toon there for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    thanks, i'll give it another try, but i did the try the golem thingie from the inger ring, and it worked up to the point that he still wasn't attackable both on the platform and arena :S and now i'm out of golems LOL
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    thanks, i'll give it another try, but i did the try the golem thingie from the inger ring, and it worked up to the point that he still wasn't attackable both on the platform and arena :S and now i'm out of golems LOL
    That part you have to time correctly. That hasn't changed in forever, so any old youtube video will work (I use Ahanss').

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    now i'm out of golems LOL
    you dont need to kill them. I used the same one for about 30 minutes when I was doing that method for the first time. If its about to die, just kill yourself using a sac dagger or the lightning bolt in the gauntlet.

You don't need to use any of the trash before the boss, just kill the arena, sprint to the first miniboss and aggro it with a 0 damage ability and run back into the arena. After the miniboss reaches the center of the room wait a few seconds and use a treant to tank him, the treant won't kill him if he is at full health.

After you run back into the gauntlet the gate will close like it is supposed to and just run to where the miniboss is supposed to be. After a few seconds he and the trash from the arena will come down the hall. Make sure to kill only the miniboss and move on and kill the next one. After you get 30 yards from thorim then you can kill all the arena stuff that came up which triggers the fight again.

After the trash is dead wait until Thorim is attackable (your cursor will change to a sword when hovered over him) and immediately hit him with faerie fire and jump into the arena. GG

That's a good explanation. But you do have to wait until a certain amount of his RP finishes before you attack him or he'll just despawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    That's a good explanation. But you do have to wait until a certain amount of his RP finishes before you attack him or he'll just despawn.
    That's actually what he means by Thorim becoming attackable, and getting the sword icon. It happens on Sif's first line and tells you you're good to pull him and jump down.

I might play with treants next time I go, but 0-light Yogg 10's trinket (Vanquished Clutches of Yogg-Saron) does such a good job of pulling the arena mobs that I have no reason to try anything else . 20s(?) duration I think so it's very easy to time, and you just need to put it somewhat close to the dwarf and everything will come running.

Could always go back to land mines if I want to get nostalgic too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    You don't need to use any of the trash before the boss
    Yeah I realise that now lol. Even so, they've seemed to have fixed that method I used any way. I wasnt sure until now since I actually havent been in to ulduar for a couple months.