10+ Year Old Account

Green Lantern in the new Superman sequel?

So there's now lots of talk that the Green Lantern is going to be in the new Superman sequel. Seems like they want to use the John Stewart Green Lantern so they're thinking of casting either Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson or Denzel Washington. In my opinion I think both of them are horrible choices. Dwayne Johnson is too big and Denzel is just too old and to me he just does not look like a John Stewart. If there is anyone that should be cast as John Stewart it should be Idris Elba. If anybody doesn't know him he's the guy from Pacific Rim who played the marshal guy. Although I think they're putting in too many heroes for a "Superman sequel". You might as well just call it Justice League at this point since so far they have Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, and I seen some talk of even adding Flash in there somewhere too.

I think they need to keep this "sequel" strictly for Superman and maybe in the third movie they can start adding in all these heroes. I also think each hero should have at least 1 or 2 movies of their own before starting the Justice League like how Marvel did it. With Green Lantern they should either reboot with different actors and a better director or just make a sequel with Ryan Reynolds (who I thought did a good job for Hal Jordan) that includes Idris Elba as John Stewart somehow or just make a Green Lantern movie with John Stewart being the main Green Lantern and if possible include Hal Jordan in there somewhere too.

So with all that said What are your thoughts on this? And who would you want to be cast as Green Lantern John Stewart? Or would you rather have them use a different Green Lantern like Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner if possible? (I'm kind of a noobie in the Green Lantern universe, just started learning about it, so I don't know if using Hal or Kyle would make sense.)

Here's a picture of what Idris Elba would look like as a Green Lantern http://unleashthefanboy.s3.amazonaws...-superman.jpeg

And here's a video I found about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnYl8cxVgh0 I couldn't find many articles.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15+ Year Old Account
    I really wish they'd retry the GL movie franchise with John Stewart instead of Hal Jordan. The lack of non-white superheroes in the current roster of comic book movies is quite noticeable, especially noticed in The Avengers. I think theyre running the risk of putting too many characters into too small a timeslot if they throw GL into Superman/Batman/Man of Steel2.

Considering all th whispering about a Justice League film, i'd hope they try and establish John Stewart as a reputable Green Lantern movie franchise - especially considering how great he was in the animated Justice League/Justice League:Unlimited.

I think Elba would be a great choice. Denzel Washington wouldn't be horrible I guess (not who I would pick though).

If they pick the Rock to play Green Lantern I will be very pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Considering all th whispering about a Justice League film, i'd hope they try and establish John Stewart as a reputable Green Lantern movie franchise - especially considering how great he was in the animated Justice League/Justice League:Unlimited.
    I'm fairly certain his appearance in that series is why they're considering using him to begin with. Prior to the excellent work they did with the character, he was a comparatively minor character in the DC Universe, without much "mainstream" recognition. Now I see people who think he was the first/original Green Lantern, and even saw people asking "Why is a white guy playing Green Lantern?" when the movie came out.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idris Elba for Green Lantern!!

I think they should shoot for the Guy Gardner model so he can put some life into the movie.
    You cared enough to post.

John Stewart as the Green Lantern for the upcoming Justice League movies would be great. Just don't cast Dwayne Johnson as him.

I still don't get why all these heroes should be in Superman's movie though.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    John Stewart as the Green Lantern for the upcoming Justice League movies would be great. Just don't cast Dwayne Johnson as him.

I still don't get why all these heroes should be in Superman's movie though.
    Yeah...I'm a fan of The Rock, but not for Green Lantern. And agreed, if the "Superman" movie is gonna feature Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Batman, and maybe others...just make it the Justice League movie and get on with it.