Poll: 4 months out, how many players should've been able to defeat H Garrosh?

Page 1 of 82
... LastLast

0.23% of Players Defeated Heroic Garrosh

Going off the stats on the front page, 0.23% of players (not characters) have defeated Heroic Garrosh. Of the 2.2 million sampled, that comes out to be like 5,000 players. Also keep in mind we are exactly 4 months out from this patch's release and the final boss has been killed by a quarter of a percent of players. What do you guys think? Is this too much, or too little? At 4 months out, how many players do you think should've been able to defeat the last boss on heroic?

I dunno. I don't think heroics are meant for everyone. These kills are earned by the small percent of players actually willing to put in the time and effort. The percentages seem fine to me. Also I haven't killed Heroic Garrosh yet and I'm still content with our current progression.

I don't feel like I'm entitled to the kill. If we get it we earned it.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

10+ Year Old Account
    With the exception of DS, its what you generally have for ANY end-tier boss at 4 months in. Not really surprised. The number of players that manage to down a boss before a tier is over is a very small percent of a very small percent. Only Gladiators are smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

garrosh hc difficulty is fine, the first 10 hc bosses thou felt undertuned.

Deleted
    99.77% of the players still have raiding content they have not finished. Seems like success to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    99.77% of the players still have raiding content they have not finished. Seems like success to me.
    What, didn't you know? Progress ends once you have completed LFR.

Don't think it's only because people were unable to clear it, but because the entire game has been in decline and less people even bothered trying. There's also the fact that since the entire journey to the raid has become so godawful easy players are awful when they're actually able to try the HC raids and get destroyed. It's a mess, hoping WoD improves the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Could also be interpreted as 99.77% of players don't care, or aren't incentivized enough to finish all the content. Just playing devil's advocate, eveh though I know a big reason is most likely not many are willing to put in the time. But then again, why should they with LFR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Could also be interpreted as 99.77% of players don't care, or aren't incentivized enough to finish all the content. Just playing devil's advocate, eveh though I know a big reason is most likely not many are willing to put in the time. But then again, why should they with LFR?
    There's no way to prove your devil's advocate though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's no way to prove why 99.77% of players haven't done it. I was replying to the post that suggested players were still progressing or working on finishing it, when it could be just as likely they don't care. Thus, not a success.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think .2* is a bit lower, I know those kind of kills are for a select few, but THAT select few? I would much rather see somewhere around 2-5% maybe? it seems like such a waste for the other 99% not to have push it that far into heroic raiding (per tier).

Seems fine. Probably would be a bit higher, if it weren't for all the lost raiding days due to the holidays, imo.

Deleted
    Well if only so much players would have the potential to down him it's fine. So... in numbers how much potential is required to down garrosh hc? 84? 64442111?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yes there is, almost, I only did LFR. I don't really feel like doing much more, in terms of raiding. But, if I was in an actual raiding guild, I'd probably want to do more. Also, I will say that having LFR available made me re-sub (for a month) just to do SoO, but it also took away any reason to join a real raiding guild and experience the content fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonias View Post
    I personally think .2* is a bit lower, I know those kind of kills are for a select few, but THAT select few? I would much rather see somewhere around 2-5% maybe? it seems like such a waste for the other 99% not to have push it that far into heroic raiding (per tier).
    Right, I'm thinking 0.23% is too little. Blizzard can arbitrarily alter numbers, and if I were them I'd actually go a little higher and at least let 5% of your player base feel it's doable. I mean 0.23% of an estimated 7 million players (remaining subs) is 16,000. If I made a massively multiplayer online game where only 16,000 of 7,000,000 have defeated the last boss on the hardest difficultly, I think I'd rethink my perspective on difficulty.

The challenge should be there, but I'd like to see maybe 100-200k of 7mil have done it, 4 months out. 16,000 sounds like a number when the patch has been out for like 2 weeks.

Just stop and think how much 1% of 7000000 is. Thats many completing the HARDEST boss in the game seems a bit much.

Heroic raiding is a good thing, it's the hardest level there is. But it's honestly not right that .23% of the entire playerbase is able to see such a level of difficulty. That doesn't sound quite right, to be honest, blizzard caters TOO much to the elite raiders. Encounters at that level of difficulty shouldn't be tuned to such a minority, but players who can actually see it if they push themselves to their own personal limit.

Can anyone confirm if other MMOs with tiered difficulties in end game content have such a low participation rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Just stop and think how much 1% of 7000000 is. Thats many completing the HARDEST boss in the game seems a bit much.
    16,000 of 7,000,000 finishing last boss on a 4month old patch seems like a bit much? Opinions are opinions I guess. If I was developing this game, I'd want at least 100,000. At least.

I don't see how either of those are a problem. If they don't care, then it doesn't matter if they kill it. If they isn't enough incentive enough, then Blizzard needs to make it more "worth it" to do. Neither one of those situations, to me, would make nerfing things or not having that content an option.

16,000 of 7,000,000 finishing last boss on a 4month old patch seems like a bit much? Opinions are opinions I guess. If I was developing this game, I'd want at least 100,000. At least.
    16000 is how many raid teams?

Imagine a room of 16000 people. That is a ton of people. All of those people have completed the hardest content around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I don't see how either of those are a problem. If they don't care, then it doesn't matter if they kill it. If they isn't enough incentive enough, then Blizzard needs to make it more "worth it" to do. Neither one of those situations, to me, would make nerfing things or not having that content an option.
    It maters when they start whining about the lack of content when they have content to do.

Also grats on the Garrosh kill