Poll: 4 months out, how many players should've been able to defeat H Garrosh?

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, I think it may be time to start using more resources on content most people would go through. Seems like heroics are for a minority of the minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    There's no way to prove why 99.77% of players haven't done it. I was replying to the post that suggested players were still progressing or working on finishing it, when it could be just as likely they don't care. Thus, not a success.
    Wether or not people decide to do the content or not is irrelevant. Fact remains that 99.77% of the playerbase got raiding content unfinished, or about 98% of all raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know that this is pretty much how it's been in every x-pac. Exclusivity is not a bad thing.

What I would like to see is a comparison of % people who have killed Garrosh on all the difficulties. If there's a HUEG LIKE XBOX gap in % of players that have done say, flex or normal vs this 0.23% done on heroic, then there might be a problem.

My personal thought (and normally, I'm a huge elitist) is that if less than one quarter of one percent are killing heroic Garrosh... maybe blizzard is spending too much dev time on heroics?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    Well, I think it may be time to start using more resources on content most people would go through. Seems like heroics are for a minority of the minority.
    Most of the playerbase is terrible and lazy. They will want one easy cakewalk of a thing that they can finish in an hour, and then they complain for more

Also I think the devs can really enjoy themselves designing for heroic raiding. If Blizzard said stop making fights challenging and intricate, make them all on par with LFR most would probably hate their job making some of the most simplistic and weak content they can muster

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    16000 is how many raid teams?

Imagine a room of 16000 people. That is a ton of people. All of those people have completed the hardest content around.

- - - Updated - - -

It maters when they start whining about the lack of content when they have content to do.

Also grats on the Garrosh kill
    TY and I don't think it's the 14/14H on forums much bitching about lack of content. A year without a new content patch is too much time, but everyone agrees on that. We do it to ourselves by busting our asses quickly. If someone who is 14/14H is complaining, they need to just shut up cause its our own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    What I would like to see is a comparison of % people who have killed Garrosh on all the difficulties. If there's a HUEG LIKE XBOX gap in % of players that have done say, flex or normal vs this 0.23% done on heroic, then there might be a problem.

My personal thought (and normally, I'm a huge elitist) is that if less than one quarter of one percent are killing heroic Garrosh... maybe blizzard is spending too much dev time on heroics?
    But 6% are downing a heroic boss. People are still in progression outside of LFR

you make it any easier then world 1st guilds like method and blood legion clear the content in 1 week then you have that shitstorm also

Seems about right to me. There's still plenty of time before Warlords for more people to progress, and the number isn't so small as to suggest that only a tiny handful of people will be able to kill the Garrosh at 90. Plus as people have mentioned there have been holidays recently, which will bring the number down slightly.

It's also worth noting that the number isn't so large that we are likely to be looking at a massive portion of the player-base having nothing to progress on (if they want to progress in heroics) for months.

I'm not sure how much of a factor this has been as well, but with the announcement of 20 man raiding some guilds may have chosen to begin preparing for this early. I know several guilds have already moved into 25 man who have already killed Garrosh. Progression may have been altered by this too, if not a change of raid size, possibly an increase in the number of trials being offered. Trialling new members or changing raid size will have an impact on progression.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    TY and I don't think it's the 14/14H on forums much bitching about lack of content. A year without a new content patch is too much time, but everyone agrees on that. We do it to ourselves by busting our asses quickly. If someone who is 14/14H is complaining, they need to just shut up cause its our own fault.
    No I was talking about the players who only do LFR. It is a problem when they blow through content that serious players are working on, and then start bitching for more. It would be like Method expecting more content when they finish their progression.

Guess that's the reason blizz is changing the raids difficulty names for WOD as the game that a lot of people on this forum claim is too easy is in fact to hard for most.

That btw does not mean I'm against hard content, everyone should get content tailored to his skill/dedication level (to a certain degree anyways obviously)

Just stop and think how much 1% of 7000000 is. Thats many completing the HARDEST boss in the game seems a bit much.
    Are you kidding me ? 99th percentile is not much at all. In terms of IQ, 99th percentile is IQ 135 and higher. 99.9th percentile is 145. So 99.77th percentile (same relative rank of people who have cleared h garrosh) would probably be around low 140s.

You seem to be giving disproportionate weight to the absolute number. Only one out of 1000 people have IQ 145 or higher but that still means millions of people are like Einstein level intelligence. Does it mean nothing to be of Einstein level intelligence just because there are like 7 million of them alive today ??
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2014-01-10 at 12:15 AM. Reason: off by a digit on some math :P
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Are you kidding me ? 99th percentile is not much at all. In terms of IQ, 99th percentile is IQ 135 and higher. 99.9th percentile is 145. So 99.77th percentile (same relative rank of people who have cleared h garrosh) would probably be around low 140s.

You seem to be giving disproportionate weight to the absolute number. Only one out of 1000 people have IQ 145 or higher but that still means millions of people are like Einstein level intelligence. Does it mean nothing to be of Einstein level intelligence just because there are like 70 million of them alive today ??
    No, but if thousands of players have downed heroic garrosh, it means Blizzard can tune a even harder fight for only hundreds to be able to do.

No, but if thousands of players have downed heroic garrosh, it means Blizzard can tune a even harder fight for only hundreds to be able to do.
    So, you think the hardest level of difficulty on a video game should be more exclusive than the difference between average intelligence and Einstein level intelligence ?? More exclusive than to get into Mensa, more exclusive than to be an astronaut ? About as exclusive as it is to be an Olympic athlete ?

For a video game ??

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Heroic raiding is a good thing, it's the hardest level there is. But it's honestly not right that .23% of the entire playerbase is able to see such a level of difficulty. That doesn't sound quite right, to be honest, blizzard caters TOO much to the elite raiders. Encounters at that level of difficulty shouldn't be tuned to such a minority, but players who can actually see it if they push themselves to their own personal limit.

Can anyone confirm if other MMOs with tiered difficulties in end game content have such a low participation rate?
    That comment made me bust out laughing, then face palm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    That's a wrong figure to use. Not even 2% of 7 million subs raid at that level. Not even 2% of those 7 million subs do pvp at high end.

So it's more something like 16000 out of 140k. To me that's perfectly fine. Heroic bosses are supposed to be rare, not common.
    Yep. Most raid groups should not be able to down him, he should be tuned tightly imo. Only the best of the best should be able to, even those who have 13/13H on farm for the entire patch and are all BiS

- - - Updated - - -

So, you think the hardest level of difficulty on a video game should be more exclusive than the difference between average intelligence and Einstein level intelligence ?? More exclusive than to get into Mensa, more exclusive than to be an astronaut ? About as exclusive as it is to be an Olympic athlete ?

For a video game ??
    So a video game cant have exclusivity like the olympics? Why not? Why shouldnt there be something for only the best of the best of the best no matter what the subject is?

A fight that only "hundreds" could do (so like approx 50 guilds?) would be a waste of development time and resources.

So a video game cant have exclusivity like the olympics? Why not? Why shouldnt there be something for only the best of the best of the best no matter what the subject is?
    Where did I say it shouldn't ? I just wanted to clarify your position. Yes or no: You want heroic end-tier bosses to be as exclusive as it is to be an Olympic athlete in real life ?

The way I look at it is this content is supposed to last until WoD. Heck my guild only just got into HM's last night, and we downed the first 3 HM's on one night of 'progress'.

I feel like the thread was made under the presumption that 5.4 was supposed to last until "4 months after it's release". Instead I'd like to have a look at the numbers when the next patch/expac is actually released, ya know, new current content. You'll see numbers more true to the purpose and proposed duration of 5.4 to determine things like "too many dev's dedicated to such a low percentage of players".

Where did I say it shouldn't ? I just wanted to clarify your position. Yes or no: You want heroic end-tier bosses to be as exclusive as it is to be an Olympic athlete in real life ?
    If they were that exclusive, depending on the event, you wouldn't fill a raid. So that's clearly ridiculous.