Poll: 4 months out, how many players should've been able to defeat H Garrosh?

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    If they were that exclusive, depending on the event, you wouldn't fill a raid. So that's clearly ridiculous.
    Well, this seems to be what this person is implying they want. I just want to clarify his/her position.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Also - Garrosh is not by any means ridiculous for an MMO boss.

Now I never played Everquest, but I remember hearing about this guy:

"Kerafyrm, The Sleeper (EverQuest)
    Probably the hardest dragon boss of all time, as it had around 250 million health point, was invulnerable to nearly all spells and had the ability to use death touch (kill a player with one touch).With the average 6999 damage per swing, The Sleeper killed everything that came on its way. Whole fight took 3 hours to finish and was only possible thanks to quick resurrections. Interesting to know, is that with each death, EverQuest players lost experience points and de-leveled several times during the fight. Kerafyrm could only be awakened once on every server and he never respawned again."

That is an exclusive boss.

I have kinda realized the importance of numbers lately when it comes to this sort of thing. If only one million people played WoW, that is still a hard number to imagine at times; in terms of actual people. Where I live (Northern Ireland) has a population of about 2-3 million; so technically, more people play this game than live in my country; which is pretty impressive to put it mildly. More to the point, even 0.23% of ~7 million is a huge number; when you take into account the fact that these people are the "best of the best" so to speak. They may be the 'elite' of WoW, but even then it's not a small number.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    What, didn't you know? Progress ends once you have completed LFR.
    Truth 10 chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I have kinda realized the importance of numbers lately when it comes to this sort of thing. If only one million people played WoW, that is still a hard number to imagine at times; in terms of actual people. Where I live (Northern Ireland) has a population of about 2-3 million; so technically, more people play this game than live in my country; which is pretty impressive to put it mildly. More to the point, even 0.23% of ~7 million is a huge number; when you take into account the fact that these people are the "best of the best" so to speak. They may be the 'elite' of WoW, but even then it's not a small number.
    Less then .05% completed naxx at current content in vanilla. The fact of the matter is .23% is still way too low for 4 months into the tier. It should be more around 2-3%

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what the % would right before the 6.0 patch though. I cant see it being that much higher. I personally dont mind NOT seeing the end boss of a tier when its current. even if LFR didnt show it (like that would ever happen) I do think heroic kills should have a wider audience. it dosent seem very effective to only have such a small amount of people go through it before it becomes obsolete.

Again, relative vs absolute. There are about 7 million people alive today who have the approximate intelligence Albert Einstein did. That's like multiplying your country times two or three and all of those people being geniuses. But that's still only one tenth of one percent of the world population.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Where did I say it shouldn't ? I just wanted to clarify your position. Yes or no: You want heroic end-tier bosses to be as exclusive as it is to be an Olympic athlete in real life ?
    Roughly 0.00013% of the worlds populatio participate in the olympics. That is a number far far far smaller than what we see in WoW. Hardly a good comparison in exclusivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonias View Post
    I personally think .2* is a bit lower, I know those kind of kills are for a select few, but THAT select few? I would much rather see somewhere around 2-5% maybe? it seems like such a waste for the other 99% not to have push it that far into heroic raiding (per tier).
    2% means he is about as hard s clearing 9hc bosses (malkorok), 5% whould mean he is about as hard as 3 bosses.. the race whould be over on day 1.. and even top 50 or 100 guilds whould be done on week 1-2..

Quote Originally Posted by Kirino View Post
    Less then .05% completed naxx at current content in vanilla. The fact of the matter is .23% is still way too low for 4 months into the tier. It should be more around 2-3%
    It doesn't bother me so much. I'm one of those players who's of the belief that exclusivity/prestige is a good thing for WoW; when it comes to Heroic Raiding, if nothing else. Perhaps they'll nerf it in the future to let more people do it on that mode before WoD; who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Roughly 0.00013% of the worlds populatio participate in the olympics. That is a number far far far smaller than what we see in WoW. Hardly a good comparison in exclusivity.
    Fair enough, I far overestimated the number of Olympic athletes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    2% means he is about as hard s clearing 9hc bosses (malkorok), 5% whould mean he is about as hard as 3 bosses.. the race whould be over on day 1.. and even top 50 or 100 guilds whould be done on week 1-2..
    Oh i know it would bring more into that "heroic" group, I by no means want the final end boss to be so easy that 30% of player base could clear it in a few weeks. I still think it should be a lil bit higher, what exact number though, I'm not sure.

Currently stuck on blackfuse heroic 10 man with a stupid zerg tactic that we've used for about 300 pulls... We've wasted so much time with it that people can't face starting again with a more standard strategy. Was always more worried about blackfuse and Paragons than Garrosh.

I personally find the SoO boss tuning to be pretty poor. Upto Thokk heroic everything is fairly straightforward then there's a huge step up in difficulty for the last few. I'd prefer the 1st 10 bosses to be a substantially harder and the difficulty curve on the last few bosses being a bit less sharp.

Is the .23 percent somehow Blizzards fault?

If people want the kill they'll put the time and effort in to defeat it. Learn your class and learn the fights and the bosses will die. This thread makes it sound like people are expecting Blizz to jut give people kills cause the "percentages are so low".
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Mission accomplished IMO. It would make no sense for Blizzard to want large quantities of players to have already downed everything with the next expansion/content patch nowhere in sight. All that matters is that they didn't really have any bosses that stuck out early as being significantly harder than others and they did that well. Anything else and people are just asking for easier bosses and for that you have other raid types
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-01-10 at 12:23 AM.

It's even fewer people, because the sample size is stated right there on the front page as 2.2M people. It's not wow's entire population. Barely 5,000 people have killed Heroic Garrosh.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    That doesn't sound quite right, to be honest, blizzard caters TOO much to the elite raiders
    Everyone agrees with you, except the .23% of players that Blizzard actually cares about.

But not to worry. The 99.77% are happy to spend our $15/month to provide entertainment for the .23% who would have to spend $10,000/month otherwise.

Funny, I could have sworn there are more people than that .23% complaining about how easy WoW is.

Downing H Garrosh SHOULD be difficult, mother of god.
    Last edited by Erindia; 2014-06-30 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what was the % for the lvl 60 (40 Man) Naxx? I recall it having the lowest amount of people who even entered it while it was current? overall, bliz making it easier or keeping it this way will always have people wanting the other choice, I think blizzard knows what they are doing. if someone really really wants to work for a heroic end boss kill, they can apply/ make a guild/ etc etc... DO THINGS to make it happen. I by no means think i was a super hardcore raider, I remember doing firelands and being pretty high on the list those first few days as far as first kills, I liked that. but thats what I am happy with.

It's worth noting, when it comes to assessing how difficult the fight is, that it relies on guilds. So far, owing to the original data, people have been looking at players.

An individually brilliant player cannot beat Garrosh on their own if everyone else in their guild is no good. A slightly above average player, working with other slightly above average players, stands a much better chance. The brilliant player could move, sure, but they might not want to.

Another issue is participation.

I have no doubt there there are many, many players capable of killing Garrosh, who are still progressing due to raid time constraints. And more still who are capable, but would prefer to be in a more relaxed guild. Then there are those who are capable, but don't even know it. Add to that the number of people who are capable, but just plain don't want to raid.

I personally have no idea how I would fare if I put all my efforts into arena matches, but I have no real interest in finding out, because my preferred way to play WoW is PvE.
    Amongst the people who prefer not to raid there are many who could kill Garrosh.

If you could neatly arrange everyone capable of killing Garrosh in the next few months into exactly as many guilds as they make up then the number of kills would skyrocket.
    That just isn't how MMOs work though.