Poll: Your Opinion of Scenarios.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i only do ( heroic ) scenarios if i did not cap valor early for that week for some reason on my main.

other than that, i don't do scenarios at all. not that i dislike them though, normal / heroic / flex raiding gives more than enough valor generally.

quick edit: i really dislike a brewing storm ( if the name was that, you save the village from yaungols while brewing the kun-lai kicker or something ) scenario with a passion, takes too much time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordcanyon View Post
    i just hate that blizzard took group quests out and replaced it with scenarios.

i didn't need another set of mini dungeons to run, raids and dungeons were enough.
    meh, I'd take sticking myself in a queue over "LFG [Group Quest that Everyone Else did a Month Ago]" for an hour in general/trade ([Change of Command] comes to mind...), but different strokes for different blokes I guess. I'd rather see a quest chain end in a (difficult) solo scenario or even a "standard" scenario over a group quest.

I've done a handful of them and every time I do one the shock in me is like the first time at how unbelievably bad they are.

I mean really. I'll never forget when I did Theramore for the first time. My jaw dropped in disbelief, hoping this was just a bad one, and that they would get better. They never got better.

I still can't believe it's passed off as content.

However kudos to Blizzard for creating content that deceives players into thinking it can compare or is equal to dungeons -- without using the dungeons and raid team to make. It's never hard to fool humans that have the intellectual capacity that the typical gamer has.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    Yes, I did mention this in the OP. If they are solo scenarios akin to the ToT and Legendary ones, then I'm not so upset about this (likely) eventuality. However, if I'm forced into scenarios to finish up lore questlines then I may have a little sad-panda pout.
    You mean forced into 3-player scenarios? I don't think so, pretty sure they were talking about solo scenarios. Though I think they said at one point they were considering making scenarios a levelling option, like dungeons are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'll never forget when I did Theramore for the first time. My jaw dropped in disbelief, hoping this was just a bad one, and that they would get better. They never got better.
    I remember defending Blizzard at that time; "relax guys, sure it's a little undertuned and dull... This is just a little taster of what's to come! They'll be better in MoP...".

*Eats words*

Quote Originally Posted by lordcanyon View Post
    i just hate that blizzard took group quests out and replaced it with scenarios.

i didn't need another set of mini dungeons to run, raids and dungeons were enough.
    That didn't really happen, scenarios are max level only as it turns out.

The replacement for group quests would be rare elite mobs I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    I remember defending Blizzard at that time; "relax guys, sure it's a little undertuned and dull... This is just a little taster of what's to come! They'll be better in MoP...".

*Eats words*
    Theramore's not that bad, just a bit too long.

All the MoP ones are better IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You mean forced into 3-player scenarios?
    Yeah that's what I meant, rest of your post is reassuring. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You mean forced into 3-player scenarios? I don't think so, pretty sure they were talking about solo scenarios. Though I think they said at one point they were considering making scenarios a levelling option, like dungeons are.
    I really hope they do, because while some people may dislike them, there is a decent crowd of individuals who love / like them, such as myself, who would totally be about that.

Deleted
    I'm actually pretty surprised at how even the poll results are so far. No real pull either way. I'm actually pleased that lots of people like them as it proves that valuable development time spent on Scenarios isn't wasted.

Fix these things and I'll be ok with them:

1. Random Queue Heroic Scenarios
    2. Item Drops on Objective Completion
    3. Generally, More Interesting Rewards

Scnearios are really interesting when they are significant for the story, but, A Brewing Storm, Brewmoon Festival, Greenstone Village and Unga Ingoo for exemple took all the fun of it, they are boring, they add nothing to the game, to the story, we don't need scenarios like that and we don't need tons of them every patch as well, just a few good ones...

i hated scenarios for one simple reasons. The tuning, being forced to group up for content i could have soloed on lvl 85 is just dumb.

Deleted
    Scenarios are the best thing added in MoP imo. They just need to give better rewards for doing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea of scenarios.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how people don't view them as two peas in pod. Some scenarios are significantly longer than some dungeons and most have similarly defined, if not refined, mechanics that actually require you to not completely tunnel. Heroic Scenarios reward a metric ton of valor, more than chaining dungeons. They each tell a story; an articulate one, art and lore wise, then most dungeons do. The only thing that holds them back from being more well received would be if they reworked the gear reward for them. I imagine in my head, that if scenarios always rewarded a piece of 516 epic gear for people to roll on, they would flock to them in droves.

Many people do not like being held up by NPC RP; it's the same reasons people grew to dislike Black Morass and Violet Hold. Scenarios are guilty of this. The successful ones are the scenarios that allow you to push ahead at your desired pace... and there aren't many. We are often sitting, waiting for some NPC to blow up a door, or brew some beer or to just get the fuck out of Durnholde; mount your horse already. There are many scenarios I enjoy; Battle on the High Seas is always fun for me, Brewing Storm, not so much.

How loot is awarded is another matter though. I can run dungeons knowing that things will drop. Will they be for my spec? Who knows? (anyone with a dungeon journal or any atlasloot like addons) but I might at least pick up a few greed roll de's on the way. Scenarios force full completion to get awarded which will most likely not be the reward you were hoping for. At least knowing that eventually that elusive 476 mace is going to drop is what keeps most of us happy. Scenarios do not provide the level of guarantee that dungeons do. And it occurs to me that this could be the reason that many don't like them.

Another is just plain group size. Most are accustomed to the classic Tank, DPS, DPS, DPS, Healer group comp. There are many that could do it without healers or...tanks or naked, what have you. It may leave people feeling vulnerable when they are put on the spot and required to be more self reliant. In reality it's really just heroic questing that you have to complete with two other people watching you. I also feel like people would rather random queue for it. I get the feeling not many people enjoy organizing even three man groups.

I still contest however that it's a loot distribution issue that makes them unloved. I do enjoy them, and for 120+ valor they aren't totally unrewarding.

I think they should provide 5 man scenario content alongside dungeons and have them drop boss loot accordingly. As I understand it, Blizzard enjoys the making of scenario content because it uses many in game places for the backdrop and they just set the stage with some freshly named npcs. Dungeons require all new art. So they make 7 or 8 new/updated dungeons for WoD and just toss in random queue 5 man scenario content, tuned accordingly, and have it award the same or a slightly higher ilvl then dungeons.

There is tons of potential so I hope Blizzard can keep both the classic dungeon, and scenario content coming.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

They are short and boring, and I resent the fact that scenarios have taken the place of actual instances. If they were putting out scenarios along with instances my vote would have been a lot more positive.

I love Scenarios although they shouldn't substitute them for new Dungeons or group quest, tho I do like the 3man group concept to them also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Scenarios but some of them are only enjoyable on heroic when I've done them many times. I believe if every Scenario had a heroic version, they would be more popular. What I don't like is how seemingly they take resources away from Blizzard and while I love them, I don't want them to waste resources either. I don't know if they do a bunch of dungeons and scenarios but I feel Scenarios are enjoyable for players(Heroic) but don't seem to do very well for developers so I consider them a vice overall.

It upsets me that I say this however that is how I feel. Perhaps Scenarios aren't what Blizzard needs to add but something else. Anyways, I hope this is good enough feedback for you OP.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    Scnearios are really interesting when they are significant for the story, but, A Brewing Storm, Brewmoon Festival, Greenstone Village and Unga Ingoo for exemple took all the fun of it, they are boring, they add nothing to the game, to the story, we don't need scenarios like that and we don't need tons of them every patch as well, just a few good ones...
    What? Unga Ingoo was great. The others are okay although waiting for the kegs in a brewing storm is a bit tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    I love Scenarios although they shouldn't substitute them for new Dungeons or group quest, tho I do like the 3man group concept to them also.
    That's the whole point, they don't require resources from the dungeon/raid team so they don't take any time away from them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    They each tell a story; an articulate one, art and lore wise, then most dungeons do.
    I actually find the opposite to be the case. Almost all of the heroic scenarios felt like an FPS game. I have no, and I mean no clue why we had to fight Zandalari in Dun Morogh, brew beer and kill saurok afterwards, kill the Sha/Mogu in that vault (after we already did in MoP dungeons and tier 14) or make those goblins blow up that door. Battle on the high seas and blood in the snow were delivered with 5.3, at which point they were meaningless to the lore. We left the zandalari behind in 5.2 and killing horde on ships was even earlier than that, namely 5.1.

The only scenario that actually felt in place without reading every single NPC chat/quest was dark heart of pandaria, SoO gave me a big "ooooh!" moment. Although I don't understand what that goblin dude did there (take a shower in Yshaarj's blood for what reason?).

The original MoP dungeons though were a perfect introductory to MoP. The two mantid ones are quite horrible but at least they foreshadowed the heart of fear. The Mogu one was brilliant in my opinion, it perfectly portrayed the Mogu and I'm actually sad that the instance design wasn't used for a raid. Stormstout brewery was, well, at least it was funny as hell (imo). Temple of the jade serpent and Shado-Pan monastery foreshadowed the main theme of MoP. So they did what they were supposed to do.

But those scenarios didn't really do much at all. They were sideline stories with no real implications of what the players would have to deal with in the final stages of MoP. Where were the SoO infiltration scenarios? Why wasn't there more explanation to the sudden appearance of the vaults underneath the seat of knowledge? A door just suddenly appeared with a lot of things inside. The scenarios just didn't really portray a lot.