Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Druids and Paladins are two of the most popular classes in the game, yet have the fewest amount of races available for their respective classes (4 and 5).

Coincidence?
    Complete coincidence. You also mentioned two of the most versatile classes in the game. Aside from monks (which are brand new), Druids and Paladins are the only classes that can perform every role.

If you honestly think that their popularity stems from a lack of race choices, you're incredibly delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    A new class locked out to every race but an elf is how a few of my nightmares have started. Unless the concept can be expanded to include other races I can't get behind this one. Doesn't have to be every race, but need to have non-elves on each side.

~ Humbugged, not rolling an Elf character since 09/25/2006
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2014-01-11 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DestroDoc View Post
    Complete coincidence. You also mentioned two of the most versatile classes in the game. Aside from monks (which are brand new), Druids and Paladins are the only classes that can perform every role.

If you honestly think that their popularity stems from a lack of race choices, you're incredibly delusional.
    i am going to agree with this. besides 90% of the alliance pallies are human and 90% of horde pallies are blood elves. which is slightly annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    A new class locked out to every race but an elf is how a few of my nightmares have started. Unless the concept can be expanded to include other races I can't get behind this one. Doesn't have to be every race, but need to have non-elves on each side.

i suggested this already. i said like trolls for horde and humans or draenei for alliance. got shot down.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    i suggested this already. i said like trolls for horde and humans or draenei for alliance. got shot down.
    Well since this is a concept thread asking for thoughts, shooting down opinions and suggestions is counterproductive.

I'd also add that Blood Elf is already the most played Horde race by a mile and got this way because they were exclusively given Paladin. Exclusively giving them yet another class would be disastrous on the already dwindling Orc, Troll and Goblin population.

Not to mention you'll have many enraged Horde players. Many. Not so much for Alliance because Night Elves are pretty chill. But the community is still at a 50/50 acceptance of Blood Elves, even 7 years later (Wow I'm old). I for one will NEVER roll Blood Elf because I find their character boring and unengaging - I play Horde to be the monster on the outside with a big heart on the inside - Blood Elves are the opposite of that.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2014-01-11 at 09:42 PM.

Well since this is a concept thread asking for thoughts, shooting down opinions and suggestions is counterproductive.
    yeah. having been overly defense with my class idea it got me no where. but other calming down and taking a day to think. i went back and starting redoing everything. i could finally see what they meant. only now i have writers block.

but anyway. it does need more races. because of memory serves me right there was alot of demand for druids to have more race options than NE and tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Must say I like this idea, and it'll finally add a 3rd mail user into the game

Spellbreakers are not Conjurers. Summoning a Pheonix is way overkill for their magical ability. Hell, only Kael can do that.

We already have a spellbreaker, they're called DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Spellbreakers are not Conjurers. Summoning a Pheonix is way overkill for their magical ability. Hell, only Kael can do that.

We already have a spellbreaker, they're called DKs.
    spell breakers have nothing to do with death knights.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I understand those reservations. However, the Spellbreaker is a Blood Elf based class to begin with, and the flavor behind the concept is heavily Elven based. You start spreading it to other races, and that flavor gets diluted.

Additionally, the crux of this concept is heavily based on elf culture, and Phoenixes and Fearie Dragons, two creatures that are heavily connected to both Elven races.

I definitely don't want to shoot down suggestions, but in regards to additional races, this concept will remain two races only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Agreed, but I think abilities are awesome, so I'm keeping it in. Thanks for the feedback though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Spellbreakers are a fully fledged lore race so its a very possible concept.
    spell breaker is a blood elf creation. which was kind of meant to steal magic so they could feed off of it at the time. now a days they are just used to counter casters.
    we have no idea if any other races have spell breakers from blood elf teachings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really cool idea. But still in terms of uniquness and mechanic i think your Deamon Hunter concept beats all you created. That shadow chain idea is so awesome imo. I think blizzard sooner or later will use that.

Pretty good idea, but I prefer you tinker and demon hunter class. Can you make a Runemaster class concept?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijohx View Post
    Pretty good idea, but I prefer you tinker and demon hunter class. Can you make a Runemaster class concept?
    Thanks! Yeah, I was actually thinking of doing a new Runemaster concept, so I'll consider it for the future. I already created a Runemaster class thread about a year before the announcement of MoP and Monks;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ea-Runemasters

Thanks for the suggestion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Control Magic (Core Ability): Takes control of an enemy's summoned unit. The remaining duration of the stolen unit is reduced by half. This ability is vastly enhanced in the Control spec.
    This shouldn't work on a Warlock.

But other than that I think it's a good class concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Really cool idea. But still in terms of uniquness and mechanic i think your Deamon Hunter concept beats all you created. That shadow chain idea is so awesome imo. I think blizzard sooner or later will use that.
    Yeah, I know you're a big fan of the DH concept. Thanks for the continued support, it means a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    This shouldn't work on a Warlock.

But other than that I think it's a good class concept.
    Yeah, I meant to put that in the spell description. Thanks for reminding me.