Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Creatures of Outland in Draenor

What creatures of Outland you want to see in Draenor and why?

Obviously we will see gronns, talbuks, elekks, clefthoofs, ogres, chimeras, boars, wolfs, moths, demons (but i wish only in the Gul'dan's clan zones) and others (flying arakkoa, sporebats and maybe sporelings). Personally i dont want to see basilisks, hydras, ravagers, warpstalkers, rock flayers, raptors, cats, wind serpents, etc, they fit in Outland because the world is destroyed and corrupted, but not in Draenor.

Anything that was in Outland, I want to see again on Draenor. It will be interesting to see the changes that the Burning Legion's corruption and breaking up of Draenor did in our world, not not in a world that was never broken or corrupted the way ours was. They shouldn't be much different mind you because the story only takes place 30 years in the past, which isn't enough time for natural genetic mutations to occur on such a grand scale. Any of the changes have to come down to magic causes, not evolutionary ones.

I agree with you to a point that some of those things that were corrupted shouldn't be there, but that's only if those things actually didn't exist in one form or another prior to the Burning Legion's contamination. If any of those existed and weren't brought / a complete mutation of something else, they deserve to be there too. Looking them up though, Ravagers, Basilisk, Hydra, Rock Flayers, Raptors, Cats, Wind Serpents, etc are all natives to Draenor and therefore should be there.

Warp Stalkers are the only ones that seem to have lore about them being corrupted by the Burning Legion, but even then, they were still natives to Draenor, just not the mutated versions we see in Outland.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2014-01-13 at 11:42 PM.

I'm very curious to know if we'll see any "Earth giants" as referred to obliquely in earlier Warcraft games. Though they may be already extinct.

http://wowpedia.org/Earth_giant_(Draenor)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account

Majestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm very curious to know if we'll see any "Earth giants" as referred to obliquely in earlier Warcraft games. Though they may be already extinct.

http://wowpedia.org/Earth_giant_(Draenor)
    I believe they said that some of the structures we will see throughout the world are built out of the bones of those Earth Giants.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see pretty much everything that was in Outland appear in WoD. Some may have mutated/drastically changed due to the fracturing etc, some wiped out (we know we're getting some new races). Maybe there will be some "previous" species, sort of, 2 species that bred together into something that's on outland. (can't think of any off top of my head, but, you know).

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I believe they said that some of the structures we will see throughout the world are built out of the bones of those Earth Giants.

Ayup.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    What creatures of Outland you want to see in Draenor and why?

Obviously we will see gronns, talbuks, elekks, clefthoofs, ogres, chimeras, boars, wolfs, moths, demons (but i wish only in the Gul'dan's clan zones) and others (flying arakkoa, sporebats and maybe sporelings). Personally i dont want to see basilisks, hydras, ravagers, warpstalkers, rock flayers, raptors, cats, wind serpents, etc, they fit in Outland because the world is destroyed and corrupted, but not in Draenor.

Sporelings are there in a different form: Forelings.

Elekks will be:

Striders:

And Clefthoofs:

10+ Year Old Account
    Im intrested in seeing how the Saberon live and stuff, they said that they will be a problem across the whole continent.

Also these Wolves look so cool, very worg-like, and differant enough from Azeroth.

At Blizzcon I believe Chris Metzen said Draenor will feel very "Primal". So I think its safe to assume based on that description and a few screen shots that we will see a lot of the same creatures from Outlands just in a more "Primal form".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    At Blizzcon I believe Chris Metzen said Draenor will feel very "Primal". So I think its safe to assume based on that description and a few screen shots that we will see a lot of the same creatures from Outlands just in a more "Primal form".

You forgot the most important word. SAVAGE!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Savagely savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Sporelings are there in a different form: Forelings.

[/IMG]
    I think the Forelings and the Sporelings are are not related, so maybe we will see Forelings in Taanan Jungle and Sporelings in the coast of Zangar Sea OR maybe a primitive Sporeling in Zangar Sea or maybe no Sporelings.

The dragonflies totally give me that vibe. So I hope those make it in, and not only as mount, but as a hunter pet. After an expansion of disappointing pets (porcupines, goats, silkworms? REALLY? As opposed to hulking mantid beasts, huge pterodactyls with wide, sharp maws? Gigantic, stomping lizard creatures.)

I'd like to get some more fitting, and strong-looking pets this expansion. Not more overglorified critters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    I think the Forelings and the Sporelings are are not related, so maybe we will see Forelings in Taanan Jungle and Sporelings in the coast of Zangar Sea OR maybe a primitive Sporeling in Zangar Sea or maybe no Sporelings.

Well, the name sorta tells me enough. And they existed before Zangarmarsh was.. well, a marsh. I think they are related.

My inner geneticist cries so hard at that. It's 30 years in the past, not 30,000. Evolution doesn't work that way. You don't go from Wolf to Chihuahua in 30 years. I guess "Magic did it" is going to have to suffice for an answer there.

I guess "Magic did it" is going to have to suffice for an answer there.
    Well, magic did do it, all the corruption of the Burning Legion and the explosion of the world.

My inner geneticist cries so hard at that. It's 30 years in the past, not 30,000. Evolution doesn't work that way. You don't go from Wolf to Chihuahua in 30 years. I guess "Magic did it" is going to have to suffice for an answer there.

True, but isn't it generally pretty much 'Magic did it'?

Also, just as absurd is the type of technology draenei, goblins and gnomes have. And just how long do those exist, really? While trolls are the most ancient race and still live in mud huts at worst, and stylized aztec buildings at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just as absurd is the type of technology draenei, goblins and gnomes have. And just how long do those exist, really? While trolls are the most ancient race and still live in mud huts at worst, and stylized Aztecan buildings at best.

Ravagers and Flayers will very likely be preset. They, along with Outland's Hydras and Chimeras (plus what looks to be the dragonfly monster, Genosaurs and new bone worms) all seem to belong to the same class of insectoid-like animals unique to Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Ravagers and Flayers will very likely be preset. They, along with Outland's Hydras and Chimeras (plus what looks to be the dragonfly monster, Genosaurs and new bone worms) all seem to belong to the same class of insectoid-like animals unique to Draenor.

I hope we get some updated version of Ravager. I always liked those, so some new eyecandy in that department (as a hunter who likes hunter pets) would be very nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, just as absurd is the type of technology draenei, goblins and gnomes have. And just how long do those exist, really? While trolls are the most ancient race and still live in mud huts at worst, and stylized Aztecan buildings at best.
    Didn't many African and tribe nations and shit exist way before Europeans, but we took technology (and destruction) to them. A lot of what the British Empire conquered was considered little more than stone age. If a variety of groups evolve isolated from each other, it's not hard to believe some may adapt/evolve technologies quicker (imagine how far along the world may be if china had invented glass instead of being content with ceramic).

Also, Draenei architecture etc is more Naaru is it not? and we know the Draenei to be 25000 years or older as a civilisation. The trolls are also more of a hunter species than a build and have science species, much as your dad is a football fan more than a rocket scientist.

They choose to live in huts... even night elves are thousands of years old and their cities and towns look pretty much the same as before, because their buildings are living trees that live forever, pretty much.

Not every race wants to evolve into goblins or gnomes. :P

Fel magic has big effect on a planet, if people havent realized yet... orcs who didnt drink blood also had their skin change to green from brown. Even the pigs on azeroth side turned into hellboars.