Poll: Interests in a new wow comic

WoW comic interests

Hello there, since a moderator closed my thread for no good given reason, I have to ask the people again...

Are wow comics still popular? i mean do people even bother to read em? are they worth making?

I was thinking of starting one and would like some feedback on the idea itself.

Please vote on the poll and post feedback if you have time! cheers

Mod-note:

Your last thread was closed due to it being a topic that was already there. "Wallpaper / Signature / Comic" was the name of your thread, was closed due to a thread called already with the topic of Wallpaper and Signatures. Though, I see no problem in discussions about WoW comics, so this can be open. And fixed a little spelling error in your title *smiles*

- Gehco
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-01-10 at 03:38 PM.

They are still very popular and interesting, but they are more action focused than drama focused then the novels, though. Great art!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    They are still very popular and interesting, but they are more action focused than drama focused then the novels, though. Great art!
    You lost me with the great art part =] what did you mean by it?

I'm still hearthbroken that there's a break for the artist behind Beyond the tree
    LFG still makes me chuckle. and Dark legacy is a nice thing to read whenever i get time

yes i think they're still popular, but its hard to make a good one.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    I'm still hearthbroken that there's a break for the artist behind Beyond the tree
    LFG still makes me chuckle. and Dark legacy is a nice thing to read whenever i get time

yes i think they're still popular, but its hard to make a good one.
    well i will certanly give it my best and see how it goes then thanks

I feel like i'm too old for comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    Beyond the tree

Holy crap, I love the way this looks. Thanks for mentioning it, it is really the first WOW webcomic that seems visually compelling to me.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    One can never be too old for comics and games :3 I'll be 26 in a week, and I still enjoy em ^_^

I voted both because, it's just hillarious how someone with a clear yes/no answer poll finds the multivote option, yet those that could use them don't. That being said, I guess votng both means I don't care. I love the earlier comics (even the class based manga I really enjoyed), but I'm not to eager to see the green jesus mk. II plot continued.

Edit: Misread the part where you seem to refern to non-canon ones. I guess if they are good of course people are interested in them. I still read Dark Legacy along with LFG (which started out as one but quickly went it's own way). Still when you say you consider making one, you sure you have what it takes to actually "make them"? Nothing is more disheartening than an abandoned story project, looking at you SG-U.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2014-01-10 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Then you're either a geriatric or one of those children who thinks childish things are for children who is waiting to grow up, so sayith I. What makes sequential art and storytelling via sequential art into a matter of age or maturity? Those are fighting words.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I voted both because, it's just hillarious how someone with a clear yes/no answer poll finds the multivote option, yet those that could use them don't. That being said, I guess votng both means I don't care. I love the earlier comics (even the class based manga I really enjoyed), but I'm not to eager to see the green jesus mk. II plot continued.
    hahaha, the multyvote was turned on for these reasons exactly, for people that dont care, or would like to see how it turns out but not rly that interested xD

Deleted
    the ashbringer series is awesome (only thing i read so far).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Holy crap, I love the way this looks. Thanks for mentioning it, it is really the first WOW webcomic that seems visually compelling to me.
    Yeah, Beyond the Tree was great and all but it seems the one who made it completely lost interest in the game. Didn't like the direction the night elves are being taken in recent years. Can't really blame her I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yaj View Post
    the ashbringer series is awesome (only thing i read so far).
    I liked the story but never liked the style. Though it's "my fault"; never liked manga style in any shape or form. Still, was a good read and I read the whole thing.

Deleted
    I'm interested in episodic style of comics like 'Teh Gladiators', I think a funny comic with a simple art style attracts me, but I'd like to find a really serious graphic novel style of comic as well.

I don't mind some of them but the vast majority are rehashed garbage, so if you're making one make sure your first ones are damn good

The medium of youtube is much more popular than comics in WoW I feel

10+ Year Old Account
    depends on the form i guess, short stories like dark legacy - sure, but neverending story like lfg - not rly , maybe if it was in chapters or smth.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    Yeah, Beyond the Tree was great and all but it seems the one who made it completely lost interest in the game. Didn't like the direction the night elves are being taken in recent years. Can't really blame her I guess.
    Bah, humbug. A few isolated story incidents and people do backflips. Guess that's what happens when the story moves like molasses over several years for each race,... to each their own, but I don't see much difference from wise cracking bad asses or cheerleaders or Tyrande heeding advice by a mere human mortal. It's damn charming work, I wish they kept going.

I've always frequently drawn adventurers in backpacks and have always wanted one in WOW, but seeing her in the game world, weapon hanging in the pack, MUST HAVE!!!! Add that to the map opening animation and the gift just keeps on giving.

Alas. This makes me want to play with photoshop, but she seems to be using 3d programs and things I am ignorant of for now, but
    I always wanted to make a comic using in game assets chronicling my original Night Elf leveling experiences from 1-60 in 2004, this is perfect. I wish I had a few hours to pick the artist's brain.

Thanks person for bringing this up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I liked the story but never liked the style. Though it's "my fault"; never liked manga style in any shape or form. Still, was a good read and I read the whole thing.
    Ludo Lullabi,... Manga? I don't see it, but I'm just a caveman. I love his work, minimalist to detailed with crisp strong silhouettes and profiles. The cheap filler penciller they put on the main WOW series other than Lullabi just seemed like someone meeting a quota in every uninspired panel, Lullabi's work all oozes the fun he's having drawing from the heart it seems to me.

And Chris Robinson's covers are to die for in the Ashbringer mini series. I don't understand why his art is so hard to find. At least he has a Tumblr now.

Omg yes! Ludo Lullabi's work is amazing. His artstyle is the main reason why I picked up the comics in the first place

I'm going for wow engine art, afterall it is a wow based commic