Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Macroing and havoc cheesing, also Garrosh question.

One thing ive always found difficult to do is to shadowburn snipe as adds will just die too quickly for me to havok the boss, then find one that doesnt die so fast its not helpful. So, a few questions..

Can you macro this?
    Cast havok on a target (boss) (or focus)
    tab to another target,
    repeat:
    if that target is < 20%, shadowburn
    else tab target again.
    end.

Also, my guild has managed to kill garrosh in 10 man, but we dont have the fight down yet. Usually wipe in phase 3. Something i was wondering. Does unbound will break the mind control? even empowered?

Ability to target in a macro/addon is very limited, and can't be done so conditionally.
    So no, you can't change targets based on the status of their health.

Some nameplate addons may allow some indicator of health percentage, something more obvious than a number at first glance.
    I am using Tidyplates and have set it up so that an enemy (anything attackable) with 20% or less health has a red colouration to the bar, yellow between that and 50% (might change that) and green at over 50%.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-01-10 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Also, my guild has managed to kill garrosh in 10 man, but we dont have the fight down yet. Usually wipe in phase 3. Something i was wondering. Does unbound will break the mind control? even empowered?
    I wouldn't think Unbound Will works on any PVE mind controls.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-01-10 at 03:22 PM.

@unbound will: haven't taken it, highly doubt it would break mc's or you would hear of this a lot more *but* if you can use it at all it *would* deal 20% of your max hp in dmg to you which would break the mc faster, something to try.

It basically takes low dps on an add or active guild effort to allow you to shadowburn a target. Generally speaking if you can't shadowburn a target because it's dying so fast that it doesn't register 20% on the mob then you probably don't need the damage so don't worry about it.

A simple mouseover macro would be your best option I imagine.

Code:
    /cast Havoc
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Shadowburn
    Keep the boss targeted and just mouse-over the low HP targets and cast the macro Shadowburn. Might need to add castsequence for multiple Shadowburns, can't remember the details of Shadowburn/Havoc's cost.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-01-10 at 03:30 PM.

Edited: nvm, Treelife macro is much better

Deleted
    Keep in mind that there are several problems with macros like this. If you try to shadowburn targets, that aren't below 20%. Or if you press the macro faster, than GCD, than you may successfully cast shadowburn on that target, but it may not be copied right. You could easily end up, casting 3-4 SB, copying none. Always wait for the GCD till you press the macro again.
    Or just use a Macro to apply Havoc on your focus target (mostly the Boss) and use some Tidyplate etc addon to track targets with low health, click, cast, next... works wonders.
    And never mind 10 man nhc. The first adds die to fast, just use your havoc on the second wave or so.

Deleted
    I would be cautious in using Unbound Will to assist in breaking Mind Control's. I have heard of people saying it actually killed them, as the 20% knocked off did not count towards being broken (still requiring 80% hp to be knocked off).

In a similar vein, watch out with Burning Rush as it will also kill you if you're unlucky.

During progress I left it on 24/7 in between intermissions and it was fine, but this week I died on one attempt from leaving it on. Doesn't kill you every time, but it can.

No reason to take anything other than burning rush unless you're being given the red carpet treatment and don't have to move for anything. We just slap burning rush on from start to finish on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I can confirm that Unbound Will doesn't break the MC. I'm not sure how it works for the health reduction. Anyway, you should take Burning Rush on Garrosh, so that u can move easily around on the fight, depending on the tactic you're using ( and 10 or 25 man )

My guess would be that it would help in breaking you out. MCs break on current health percentage and not percentage of health taken as damage.

Unbound will does not work for MCs.

Deleted
    Couldn't you just target the mob that's in shadowburn range then use a simple /tar focus /cast havoc /target last target /cast shadowburn?

With focus being the boss.

Of course this won't work with council fights or fights like spoils but something with one big bad (i.e thok during bats)

Will test it next time we manage to raid with a full roster
    Last edited by mmocf1f1b25833; 2014-01-11 at 08:14 PM.

Unbound Will does not break the MC, but similar to the Zor'loc MC it will damage you still. This helps a LOT with breaking the MC, 20% off the health of the empowered MC is no joke.

Absorbs have no impact on the health reduction during burning rush, since it isn't damage as such but a cost of activation.
    Seems to be a distinct difference between the two, and that is likely why either Unbound Will or Burning Rush won't break the MC.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

im useing to good macors and im useing them like this. Have focus on the main target/boss and then have a macro that will cast Havoc on your focus target so when adds comes on a boss fight i will just start to kill the adds and when they will get to 20% hp i will just pop my Havoc macro and then im good to go shadowburning. to have a mouseover macro is so good.
    i cant like the macors but if you go to w w w.warcraft.evrelia.com/destruction-warlock/ and Watch the video he will show you the macors
    Last edited by Cnice; 2014-01-11 at 10:21 PM.

You don't want to be targeting your havoc target when you cast shadowburn at something else, the damage won't copy because of a longstanding bug with havoc.

You need to either have your macro change or clear target, then /targetlasttarget after you cast sburn if you want to do this.
    I am a little weird, and don't really like those macros, so I barswap (similar to demo form stance bar), to a bar that has macros to cast @focus for most of my single target spells, allowing me to continue casting at garrosh (or whatever I feel like), while I tab through the adds looking for sburn targets.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-01-13 at 01:34 AM.

Deleted
    /cast [@boss1] Havoc

put this on any easy to reach keybind (mine is right horizontal scrolling button), and spam SB on your present target.

I found this the easiest way to gain time while Havoc'ing SB from adds to boss

Personally just have a havoc mouseover macro for general purpose havocing. Avoids bug problem, isn't overly specific so I can use it on whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I would be cautious in using Unbound Will to assist in breaking Mind Control's. I have heard of people saying it actually killed them, as the 20% knocked off did not count towards being broken (still requiring 80% hp to be knocked off).

In a similar vein, watch out with Burning Rush as it will also kill you if you're unlucky.

During progress I left it on 24/7 in between intermissions and it was fine, but this week I died on one attempt from leaving it on. Doesn't kill you every time, but it can.
    I will confirm this, as I had to stop using it for that reason. I was getting killed every time I used it and my guess was because game was not registering the 20%, making my breakout point 0% and not 20% hp.

In regards to Havoc, I also just use a mouse over Havoc macro. Mine will Cast on focus if I have one, else, on mouse over target. This way I can focus the boss for fast and mindless havoc cleaving, or I can have no focus and pick my target with mouse over.