Resto Druid Help

I realize there are several threads on this topic, in which I have read them all, but it doesn't help me in my own situation. Recently I have gone from raiding 10man to Heroic 25man with my healing feeling comfortable until the transition. I was raiding with a 6652 haste and 20k spirit build. With all the new Heroic gear thought I could give the 13163 a try with 14k spirit. My raid is telling me I asked for too many mana cooldowns, couple of hymns and a mana tide on a progression boss, and I should reforge back into spirit. What I am asking now is, should I stay at the 13163 with 14k spirit and just work on my rotation to be more mana efficient. Should I go back to an in between haste break point like 6652, 8033, or 10970, or just go straight back to the 3043 with say 15k+ spirit reforge everything I have into mastery, which should take me to about 40% mastery. I will admit that I have been very lax in my mastery upkeep by keeping as much spirit as I have been. Below is a link of my wow armory.
    Thanks so much for your time! ~Linaza~

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Linaza/simple

What are the mana cooldowns used for if not for healers that need it? unless you're using it while the other healers are at 90%+ mana, there is no shame in asking for external CDs.

It'll be difficult to judge without logs because we can't see if you're spamming regrowth or something like that, but in general you should NEVER need more than 14k unless you're underhealing content. If you have DSD from Blackfuse, use that instead of Nazgrim's. You should never go for haste between 3043 and 13163. Pick one and put the rest into mastery - in your case, you should be able to easily get 13163 and roll with 12-14k spirit. I'm 10/14 heroic and I use 13k spirit and I never have a healing shaman and I never use the shadow's hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Hello Linaza! I recentlyish went through the same transition except I was at the 13k BP in 10's with 9k spirit which is what I cleared all of normal SoO with. I was running SC's DSD for all fights though as I didn't have any other trinkets from SoO. Anyways when I started 25H's after using 9k Spirit I went to 18k lol but I've recently come down to 15.4 and i'm considering going ever lower. It's like what Jordaen said we need to see log's to make sure you aren't spamming regrowths but I would like to know when you're using your innervate. Improving your mastery uptime will help as well but I don't think your raid team is being too understanding about mana CD's. I see you also haven't killed H Malk so is it safe to assume you are having mana issues on that fight? Do you have the shields showing up on your frames, it's not as healing intensive as you might think unless your raid is being all kinds of bad with orbs but it's not on you to heal through their mistakes. Again logs would really help to give more specific answers.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Thanks so much to the both of you! This is my kill of Nazgrim, which is the only boss I have downed since switching to the haste break point, I only made the switch right before this fight. I may not be using my innervate enough and am looking for a weakauras2 link for a reminder. I do know that I love the regrowth spell too much though and need to work on that. I felt like the fight went really well though! All I can say is, I heal my heart out, and I figure if I have mana left than I am doing something wrong. :P I don't feel like I am having mana issues on that Malk fight, I think we are just working through mechanics at this point. I am editing to add that I do indeed see the shields on my frames.

~Linaza~

worldoflogs.com/reports/37lcv21jc451fh48/details/35/?s=3119&e=3712
    Last edited by Linaza; 2014-01-11 at 07:42 AM.

Hi linaza i my self raid 25 man and went for the 8033 cap. "Askmrrobot.com" and i'm using soul of the forrest talent "100% haste after swiftments" and there the cap's is 8033 and 13953 haste. World say for 25 man go to the 8033 cap with soul of the forrest. Then once you feel your gear is for it go for the next cap. "Note sha trinket is a must" or you losse to much mastery/spirit and stay away from crit . but about mana go for a spirit cap that fits you. Min was 17500. But Are now 20k

Quote Originally Posted by Xecetoz View Post
    Hi linaza i my self raid 25 man and went for the 8033 cap. "Askmrrobot.com" and i'm using soul of the forrest talent "100% haste after swiftments" and there the cap's is 8033 and 13953 haste. World say for 25 man go to the 8033 cap with soul of the forrest. Then once you feel your gear is for it go for the next cap. "Note sha trinket is a must" or you losse to much mastery/spirit and stay away from crit . but about mana go for a spirit cap that fits you. Min was 17500. But Are now 20k
    8033 really isn't worth considering you would find a throuput increase if you either drop back to 3043 or go to 13163.

Quote Originally Posted by MMO Champ Resto Druid Guide
    The first major break-point we will want to try to reach if it is not too much trouble is 3043, for your first Rejuv and Tranquility tick.
    One thing to note about the Tranquility break-point is that it only affects the HoT portion of Tranquility and you do not gain extra ticks of Tranquility itself.
    A lot of people agree the second major break-point (6652) isn't worth losing Mastery/Crit over. If you have a ton of pieces with pure Haste on them, and you aren't actually losing a ton of other stats that's the main point you want to consider the second break-point. Other than that, it's probably best to stay at the 1st.
    The third major break-point, and the only one after 6652 you'll want to consider, is the 13,163 break-point. It may seem out there, but it starts becoming possible around ilvl 540+. Whether or not this break-point is worth it in current gear is a topic of much debate, but the general consensus seems to be that if you can do it without losing too much Spirit or Mastery, then it's worth it. Hamlet talks about this more in-depth here. It's important to note all the possible benefits of such a Haste level, and not just the ticks you gain. You also gain a faster GCD, a better proc rate on anything RPPM (Meta, trinkets, etc), and a faster casting time on everything. If you are debating this break-point, make a post in the forums, or comment here, and the community will help you decide if your current gear would be a good fit for the break-point. Expect this break-point to become standard in 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    8033 really isn't worth considering you would find a throuput increase if you either drop back to 3043 or go to 13163.
    Migraine the haste cap's you set is with out soul of the forrest talent. I always run with it and therfor the 8033 or 13953 is the Way to go. For 10-11+ ticks on Wild growth if you go tree form incarnation it would be the 3043 or 13163

The 13163 is for the rejuv breakpoint and the next one for a SotF'ed Wild Growth is 13426. Please don't give wrong information to people asking for help, verify your numbers first. Any haste between the 3043 or 13163 is worth less than mastery, this has been proved countless times.

I'm currently 14/14H (Akarò-Arthas), just got enough haste to gem mostly mastery, so I'm sitting at ~13200 haste and ~11500 spirit (and 15k mastery unbuffed ) and I'm not having real mana problems. Well we do have a lot of absorbs and we overgear content (I also have SC's trinket warforged heroic), but we don't have a resto shaman and the only time I ask for a hymn of hope is sometimes on thok during transitions, just in case. Think of it that way : 1000 spirit will give you around 2 rejuvs/3mins of fight. 1000 mastery is a bit more than 2% increase to all healing you do. The more you know the fights, the better you will get at mana management, the less spirit you will need. Abuse your meta gem procs (VERY important to track).

Also you should spec Heart of the Wild!

Migraine the haste cap's you set is with out soul of the forrest talent. I always run with it and therfor the 8033 or 13953 is the Way to go. For 10-11+ ticks on Wild growth if you go tree form incarnation it would be the 3043 or 13163
    Since wild growth is a very small portion of our healing done, it would be best to stay at the 13163 and put the remaining stats in mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linaza View Post

worldoflogs.com/reports/37lcv21jc451fh48/details/35/?s=3119&e=3712
    If you do want to look at your rotation for mana efficiency, on this particular kill you were at 5 stacks of sage mender for almost the whole fight and didn't cast HT once. Seeing as you have it, you should find a way to track the 2 set bonus and make use of the free instant HTs to help your mana efficiency overall. Similarly you didn't use NS at all, which will give you a free spell every minute, I only raid 10s, but i find enough opportunities for it to be useful on Nazgrim

While on it's own it's not likely to make you be able to cope with the lower spirit, on my last kill the free HTs did nearly 7% of my healing
    (worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lnve3cqpcgjfxoap/details/0/?s=5427&e=5982), so it's a nice bonus.
    Last edited by mmocbef4423fcd; 2014-01-11 at 10:38 PM.

The sotf haste breakpoints are a bit of a trap and you shouldn't gear around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikela View Post
    If you do want to look at your rotation for mana efficiency, on this particular kill you were at 5 stacks of sage mender for almost the whole fight and didn't cast HT once. Seeing as you have it, you should find a way to track the 2 set bonus and make use of the free instant HTs to help your mana efficiency overall. Similarly you didn't use NS at all, which will give you a free spell every minute, I only raid 10s, but i find enough opportunities for it to be useful on Nazgrim

While on it's own it's not likely to make you be able to cope with the lower spirit, on my last kill the free HTs did nearly 7% of my healing
    (worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lnve3cqpcgjfxoap/details/0/?s=5427&e=5982), so it's a nice bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartuk View Post
    Abuse your meta gem procs (VERY important to track).

Also you should spec Heart of the Wild!

Thanks so much for all the advice! I just made some WA for Sage Mender, and my Meta Proc, and will work at making HT more a part of my healing, since it really hasn't been. Also I need to find a WA for NS because I don't use it, and could use the reminder.
    Can you please explain to me why HotW Is better than NV? I can use NV more often and it seems like it would be more beneficial for heals. If I cast it, Which I am going to work harder on and should prob make a WA for as well.

Thanks again for all of your help and time! ~Linaza~
    Last edited by Linaza; 2014-01-12 at 01:16 AM. Reason: To add a comment about NS

Deleted
    Thanks so much for all the advice! I just made some WA for Sage Mender, and my Meta Proc, and will work at making HT more a part of my healing, since it really hasn't been.
    You're right to not be using it outside of the procs/NS. IF you have 3+ stacks of sagemender it'll be quicker and cheaper than regrowth though, so do bear that in mind as well.

Can you please explain to me why HotW Is better than NV? I can use NV more often and it seems like it would be more beneficial for heals. If I cast it, Which I am going to work harder on and should prob make a WA for as well.
    Though NV comes out better when you do the maths, I'm not sure it's better in actual fights - you can us it more often, but for the maths to hold up you have to use it on cd, when it might not be needed. If you save it for too long (or just forget to use it at all ), you're better off with the static int increase from HotW. I will generally try out both while progressing, however I certainly feel weaker when I swap to NV and generally seem to heal more and am more comfortable with HotW. I'm currently 9/14 hc, ilvl 573 and I think I have ended up with HotW for all of those kills. Obviously i'm not saying this is "correct", just what seems to work for me.

For most people, in live fights there's probably not much in it and you will just have to try out both and see which fits best with your own playstyle.

You're right to not be using it outside of the procs/NS. IF you have 3+ stacks of sagemender it'll be quicker and cheaper than regrowth though, so do bear that in mind as well.
    Thanks for the advice!

For most people, in live fights there's probably not much in it and you will just have to try out both and see which fits best with your own playstyle.
    I will try it out and see which I like better. :P I honestly didn't think about using HotW for healing. :S

- - - Updated - - -

I just have to say thanks so much for all your help everyone! I am so glad I asked the question. It's always good to get what you think is the right thing to do confirmed, as well as get advice and feedback! <3

One thing I notice was that your Wild Mushroom: Bloom was extremely low. Did you pop the bloom only once or twice during that whole fight? 16 hits is very low. I assume you have your Mushrooms up the whole fight, as your effloresence is at a good level. Warsong alone did 45,661,063 damage for that fight, and the Bloom would help with that, at very little mana cost to you. It would save you a whole lot of direct heals on your fellow raiders. Just make sure they know to stand in it as Warsong hits, as much as possible

Hi Lin long time! I hope all things work out for you - Kapre

From your log for Naz I noticed your LB was falling off a lot and you really didn't use swiftmend... Keep this up all the time. 3043 haste or 13163 - spirit is relative to your comp and your play style.

Also, remember your numbers on recount or Skada are moot if bosses are downed, and as I remembered when I healed with you eons ago, you were always trying hard to show your stuff, which can account to you needing mana so much.

Just keep harmony up higher than 88% swiftmend more to utilize Sotf better, and keep LB up!

Also, don't hold SM just for WG, alternate it with an RJ on someone who needs it or a hasted LB on a tank.

Anyhoo I am sure more will chime in, good luck!
    Last edited by Tapaj; 2014-01-13 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapaj View Post
    From your log for Naz I noticed your LB was falling off a lot and you really didn't use swiftmend... Keep this up all the time. 3043 haste or 13163 - spirit is relative to your comp and your play style.

Also, remember your numbers on recount or Skada are moot if bosses are downed, and as I remembered when I healed with you eons ago, you were always trying hard to show your stuff, which can account to you needing mana so much.

Just keep harmony up higher than 88% swiftmend more to utilize Sotf better, and keep LB up!

Also, don't hold SM just for WG, alternate it with an RJ on someone who needs it or a hasted LB on a tank.
    Hey Kapre! Thanks I miss your advice and glad I could find it here! :P I made a bunch of WA's to help out with reminders on all these, and I think with the added HTs I think I can keep harmony up. Next raid will be the real test to see if I can manage all these cd's better and how my mana will be. I have been doing LFR's every day just to practice, so I am hoping it pays off. I do go ballz to the wallz, I am running with some amazing healers that are killing me! I am having the hardest time keeping up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Locksrus View Post
    One thing I notice was that your Wild Mushroom: Bloom was extremely low. Did you pop the bloom only once or twice during that whole fight? 16 hits is very low. I assume you have your Mushrooms up the whole fight, as your effloresence is at a good level. Warsong alone did 45,661,063 damage for that fight, and the Bloom would help with that, at very little mana cost to you. It would save you a whole lot of direct heals on your fellow raiders. Just make sure they know to stand in it as Warsong hits, as much as possible
    I will make sure to mention this, I think I didn't bloom it because we were trying to stay spread out as much as possible and didn't look hard enough for those blooming opportunities where people were stacked on it. I mostly kept it on melee for the fight.